Just noticed TA changed our cabins!!!

tab1220

I noticed that change and asked my TA about it. She said that really wouldn't matter that the 3 could still sleep in the interior. Should I call and demand she cange my rooms back to the original? Are the rooms a different size then the originals?

Both the interior and balcony are still the same size...however the pullout sofa is now in the balcony cabin....you can't have 3 sleep in the interior as there are only 2 double beds. Your original interior had 2 double beds and a Pullman (bed that drops down from the ceiling).

WHAT?!! Ok I'm calling her now! Don't understand why the hell she would take it upon herself to change this!!

Both the interior and balcony are still the same size...however the pullout sofa is now in the balcony cabin....you can't have 3 sleep in the interior as there are only 2 double beds. Your original interior had 2 double beds and a Pullman (bed that drops down from the ceiling).

WHAT?!! Ok I'm calling her now! Don't understand why the hell she would take it upon herself to change this!!

If you want the set-up of you and your husband in the balcony cabin and your kids in the interior....you will need to have a double capacity balcony cabin and a triple capacity interior cabin....sounds like your TA is a bit mixed up.

Original cabins:

Cabin 6535 is category L interior and holds up to 4 people.

Cabin 6165 is category D2 balcony and holds up to 2 people

New cabins:

Cabin 6546 is a categroy N interior and holds up to 2 people

Cabin 6545 is a category D2 balcony and holds up to 3 people.

A category N cabin is usually less expensive than a category L cabin. It sounds like they didn't really take off the extra $104 dollars. It sounds like they downgraded your interior cabin from L to N instead.

Unless you want one kid sleeping in your balcony cabin adn the other two across the hall, you need to talk with your TA about getting your original L cabin back or getting another interior cabin that holds 3 people.

Original cabins:

Cabin 6535 is category L interior and holds up to 4 people.

Cabin 6165 is category D2 balcony and holds up to 2 people

New cabins:

Cabin 6546 is a categroy N interior and holds up to 2 people

Cabin 6545 is a category D2 balcony and holds up to 3 people.

A category N cabin is usually less expensive than a category L cabin. It sounds like they didn't really take off the extra $104 dollars. It sounds like they downgraded your interior cabin from L to N instead.

Unless you want one kid sleeping in your balcony cabin adn the other two across the hall, you need to talk with your TA about getting your original L cabin back or getting another interior cabin that holds 3 people.

That is not correct.

Also, your original D2 cabin 6164 connects to the balcony cabin next door. If possible, I'd try to keep D2 cabin 6546 since it is not connecting.

I know you are trying to be helpful:)....but you are confusing the categories...she never had a Cat D2 either before or now.....both balconies before and after are Cat D4

tab1220...I just checked availability for your sailing....the problem now is that there currently aren't any triple or quad interiors available....only triple and quads available are balcony cabins like you now have.

There is one large interior stateroom showing on deck 3 but that wont work with the balcony

Don't panic! you just posted this today, she may simply be out of the office! She may be able to contact the cruise line and have this fixed for you. Some of the cabins are held as guaranteed and may show as booked, but may not be assigned....breathe and don't work yourself into a rage until you speak with her....Then make her pay to fix it!!!

Sounds like she knows she messed up, is there anyone else at the Agency you can talk to?

Yea...I was just going to suggest the same....if they are part of an agency try calling the agency directly. Once you get in touch with someone let us know what happens and if you have any question just post them:)

Just spoke with my TA. She says that she was trying to get us in cabins that were across the hall from eachother. She said that RC assured her that nothing would change.

I told her that she never even got permission from us to change the rooms and that we've now lost the original cabins. I also reminded her that this is our kids first cruise and that we wanted everything to be perfect in our eyes, so they need to do whatever it takes to make sure this happens.

I don't like to be mean, but this is just ridiculous! :mad:

She's said she's calling them now, then she'll give me a call back.

She says they can give us cabin 8443(triple) 8596(double Oceanview Balc)

What do you guys think about this?

That is a nice balcony cabin and an interior on the same deck, fairly close together. What about your 7 yr old though? Is the 7 yr old going to be up as late as the older two or is bedtime going to be an issue?

This knda stuff is why some of us no longer use TA's, I book my whole party myself and then I know that the only fingers that will be mucking around in my reservatin are my own! I can find just as good of a deal as a TA can, and I trust myself more.:)

I got screwed by a TA in 2002 on a cruise, and I haven't used one since. I'm not saying all TA's are bad, but some are awful!:eek:

Ditto! Booked three rooms two years ago with my regular TA (at least ten bookings) and didn't get even a bottle of cheap wine. Referred three other first time couples the same year and they got massages, wine, and chocolate covered strawberries in their room complements of the TA. Maybe she took advantage of them on the price or maybe she just took me for granted. Either way, it was time to move on.:cool:

Ditto! Booked three rooms two years ago with my regular TA (at least ten bookings) and didn't get even a bottle of cheap wine. Referred three other first time couples the same year and they got massages, wine, and chocolate covered strawberries in their room complements of the TA. Maybe she took advantage of them on the price or maybe she just took me for granted. Either way, it was time to move on.:cool:

Just want to clarify. You dumped your TA because they didn't give you freebies? Was there any other reason? Are you aware that being a TA is a job, just like any other, and that they do it to make money. Every "freebie" they give comes right out of their own pocket?

Archived