Just noticed TA changed our cabins!!!

tab1220

Hang in there! Have you thought about placing a hold tonight on the two cabins mentioned by Steve? You could make sure you have what you want and then cancel in the morning with the incompetent and pick up the new cabins.

There must be someone at RCI who deals with problem TA's. I can't imagine that they don't have some sort of oversight dept. Does anyone know anything like this?

I know you say RCI won't talk to her, but if she goes far enough up the chain when she calls, can she find someone who has the power to fix this? I know I'm grabbing at straws, I just hate to see what is happening to this woman.

OHNO!!! I can only imagine how you feel........:eek::eek::mad::mad:

Like mentioned,you can put a 24 hr hold on 2 cabins via http://www.rccl.com without putting money down,

If you call RCCL to place a hold, they require $$$

and some TAs(if you are not burned by them yet:p) can put a hold on them for a couple of days,at least..

May I ask?? How did you find this TA anyway??:confused:

Thanks for this info.

I found this TA on line.

OHNO!!! I can only imagine how you feel........:eek::eek::mad::mad:

Like mentioned,you can put a 24 hr hold on 2 cabins via http://www.rccl.com without putting money down,

If you call RCCL to place a hold, they require $$$

and some TAs(if you are not burned by them yet:p) can put a hold on them for a couple of days,at least..

May I ask?? How did you find this TA anyway??:confused:

OK, I truly feel for the OP's current situation. But am I the only one who's not totally against the TA here? Unlike another recent thread, where that incompetent TA tried to convince the client that a flight arriving at 2pm in Miami on day of sailing was perfectly acceptable, this TA seems to be trying to help the OP.

Granted, I agree that the OP should have been contacted before the changes were made. However, let's not forget the original scenario. 3 children, including a 7 year old, were in a cabin on the complete opposite side of the ship from their parent's cabin. Now if an adult was not actually booked in each cabin, I can totally see the cruiseline making the change because that particular set up goes against their policies. If in fact an adult was booked in each cabin, maybe there was a discussion up front with the TA about wanting to move the 2 cabins closer together. Regardless, the original scenario was completely unacceptable, IMO. I can't imagine, no matter how mature these kids are, that them being on the other side of the ship would have been acceptable. So a change had to be made regardless. Now if the TA isn't being honest, I can understand being upset with her, but I don't agree that she's the bad guy because of her efforts to move the kid's cabin closer to the parents.

Let's not get off the topic here. This thread is not about the OP's parenting skills. It is presumptuous and judgmental to make comments regarding whether she should have put her children anywhere. We don't know her and we don't know her kids. It is not our place to judge/comment on this. Let's be respectful. This thread is about a TA moving cabins surreptitiously causing great distress to the OP. I may get flamed for this, but let's stick to the topic and stop the jugmental commentary.

Yes, I know RCI has policies, but unless it's pertinent to the problem with the TA/cabins it's not necessary to continue to reference this as a means to judge.

Let's not get off the topic here. This thread is not about the OP's parenting skills. It is presumptuous and judgmental to make comments regarding whether she should have put her children anywhere. We don't know her and we don't know her kids. It is not our place to judge/comment on this. Let's be respectful. This thread is about a TA moving cabins surreptitiously causing great distress to the OP. I may get flamed for this, but let's stick to the topic and stop the jugmental commentary.

Yes, I know RCI has policies, but unless it's pertinent to the problem with the TA/cabins it's not necessary to continue to reference this as a means to judge.

Whoa, I think you need to back down a bit. I tried to make the post as respectful as possible. And it was definitely on topic because I'm trying to point out some possibilities as to why the change was made. Hopefully my post didn't come off as judgemental, and if it did, I apologize, but I just can't imagine that the original cabin set up was acceptable. It certainly wouldn't be in the cruise line's eyes, which is possibly why the change was made.

Whoa, I think you need to back down a bit. I tried to make the post as respectful as possible. And it was definitely on topic because I'm trying to point out some possibilities as to why the change was made. Hopefully my post didn't come off as judgemental, and if it did, I apologize, but I just can't imagine that the original cabin set up was acceptable. It certainly wouldn't be in the cruise line's eyes, which is possibly why the change was made.

I can see your point. Its one of the reasons I try and see both sides and make few judgements regarding unknowns while looking at the monitor in front of me. Sort of like a divorce unless you know both sides its difficult to choose sides. I hope that both parties can come to a meeting of the issues and walk away without much bitterness. :(

Have you tried plugging your dates into one of the online search engines to see if anything else is available? An advanced search would allow you to enter your embarkation port etc. You may end up with what you want on a different ship or even a different line, but your family would still have a great cruise and you could stop worrying and start enjoying.

Marsha

sorry , just remembered you said you made final payment.

TA just called and suggested we cancel as there is nothing more that she can do. I kinda saw this coming :mad:

Figured that is where that was going to go...it seems from how she is acting that she made the change and is kind of stuck now....and anything she is going to do to try to correct ii is just going to cost her $$$$$. She is going off on her honeymoon and all and I am sure that she wants this over as much as you.

Now you have a choice....since final is just days away....you could book now....or wait it out a bit and see what happens after final...good chance they will start to chop away at pricing....only snag may be that triple cabin you need.....however you may also see cabins start to open as people cancel just prior to making final payment. Not sure what your flights are but remember...you also have Allure leaving out the next day..Sunday-Sunday

Our flights are from Friday to Monday 27 Jan-6th Feb. I will check the Allure now.

Thanks for the info

Figured that is where that was going to go...it seems from how she is acting that she made the change and is kind of stuck now....and anything she is going to do to try to correct ii is just going to cost her $$$$$. She is going off on her honeymoon and all and I am sure that she wants this over as much as you.

Now you have a choice....since final is just days away....you could book now....or wait it out a bit and see what happens after final...good chance they will start to chop away at pricing....only snag may be that triple cabin you need.....however you may also see cabins start to open as people cancel just prior to making final payment. Not sure what your flights are but remember...you also have Allure leaving out the next day..Sunday-Sunday

This is our first time cruising RCI and with the kids so we really wanted to do Oasis or Allure. We may however have to start looking at other options.

The Navigator also leaves for a six day on the 29th. Looks like there are loads of cabins still available and the pricing is pretty good also.

This is our first time cruising RCI and with the kids so we really wanted to do Oasis or Allure. We may however have to start looking at other options.

I would say do your best to get on the Oasis or Allure. Have been on the Oasis several times and find it to be an amazing ship. Good luck and enjoy.

Can you just have your TA remove herself from your booking and transfer it back to RCCL? Then you can have them transfer the payments if you want to change ships or they can work to find what cabins are available. That way you won't have to have the money refunded and then pay all over again.

I think once you get away from the TA you will be able to breathe much easier and RCCL is great when you call and ask questions.

Good luck!

If that's an option,I'd love to do that!

Can you just have your TA remove herself from your booking and transfer it back to RCCL? Then you can have them transfer the payments if you want to change ships or they can work to find what cabins are available. That way you won't have to have the money refunded and then pay all over again.

I think once you get away from the TA you will be able to breathe much easier and RCCL is great when you call and ask questions.

Good luck!

If that's an option,I'd love to do that!

I'm pretty sure it is - call RCCL and find out what needs to be done to release the booking back to RCCL control. Most TAs resist this because they lose the commission, etc but since you were going to cancel anyway she would lose it no matter what - and she should be willing to do this to save what little face she can. It can't hurt to try!

Just spoke with a RC rep in corporate. She listened to the situation as well as pulled up my res. She was very apologetic and stated that she couldn't believe the TA would suggest I cancel my res rather than try to save me as a customer and work things out.

She said that since final payment had been made that the TA couldn't release my booking over to them. She placed me on hold and explained the situation to someone in the resolutions dept. They told me that they are going to call my TA now and work something out for me then call me back.

Keep your fingers crossed for me guys!!!

Archived