Just noticed TA changed our cabins!!!

tab1220

I'm on the line with RCCL Corp Relations. He said my TA never had any cabins that would fit my family in her block.

He's offering to put us in two connecting BW balc..one being a partial OV and aqua theatre view. He's calling TA's corp office get this taken care of. I'm on hold.

I'm on the line with RCCL Corp Relations. He said my TA never had any cabins that would fit my family in her block.

He's offering to put us in two connecting BW balc..one being a partial OV and aqua theatre view. He's calling TA's corp office get this taken care of. I'm on hold.

Perfect! You and DH can take the one closer to the end to have a better ocean view and everyone is close by.

Sounds promising

At this point I've lost all faith in TA and RCCL, so I'm afraid to cancel for fear of losing out completely.

Don't be real upset with Royal....it's really not their fault.....it's your TA who trying to put the cabins together made the ultimate mistake by not advising you before making a move.

Stick with what you have....look at it this way...you have a good set-up with the cabins being right across from each other...and you have a ocean balcony...that is what you wanted. Cancelling at this point I believe will only mix things up even more and make you more upset. Either have your 7 yr old stay in the cabin with you and your husband...or....bring a sleeping bag and have her camp out in your kids cabin...seriously...I have seen where the kids have slept out on the balcony in Boardwalk cabins all week...she is 7 years old...she is going to be so excited and worn out at the end of the day she will probably fall asleep in a chair:p

Look in a positive direction and know that you are going to have an awesome vaca....after all you are going to be on the worlds largest, greatest and latest:)

Ok....whew!!

Rudolph from RCCL has put a hold on 14315 and 14317. He wants me to call the TA copr and have them switch me over to these two room immediately. He says if they refuse to cancel and RCCL will take of me. so calling now.

Ok....whew!!

Rudolph from RCCL has put a hold on 14315 and 14317. He wants me to call the TA copr and have them switch me over to these two room immediately. He says if they refuse to cancel and RCCL will take of me. so calling now.

Oh yay! I think I'll be able to start breathing again soon!

Ok....whew!!

I am afraid to even type this....but those are "obstructed view" cabins.

***!!!

Ugh..back to RCCL.

I'm waiting for a callback from the TAs corp office as my TA had no"assistant" left in charge of here affairs.

Why me??? :mad:

This is what I found from CC member Merion Mom:

The view from these cabins are somewhat obstructed. The Boardwalk balcony cabins on deck 14 from about mid-boardwalk to all the way aft have that huge cross-over (where you see the "Oasis of the Seas" sign below) as a major part of their view. They can still look down on the boardwalk itself but the closer you are to the aft on deck 14, the less you will see of the aqua theater and the ocean. So, while on all the other boardwalk decks your view improves the closer you get to the aft, on deck 14 you will benefit from being further from the aft and more forward.

Personally, I think it is great that RCCL is coming to the rescue. You are getting two balconies for all of you and they are side-by-side. So what if they are slightly obstructed.

Cheapest resident rate for your three would be a Boardwalk balcony(B1)=$3451.92 and for the two of you,it would be $2641.28(total $6093.20)...and there are two connecting cabins available 9699/9701......but then again,I know you do not want to give up your oceanview balcony but you can see the water from those cabins..

shp_oa_deck09_v11-12_dpl.gif

Ok....whew!!

Too bad you didnt get the first two connecting BW ones I told you about last week..

[quote name='Bonnie Voyager']Read this thread...Cabins 14315 and 14317 are not bad choices...

[URL]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1279931&highlight=14315[/URL][/quote]
[URL="http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2598121090092706180GoXuMw"][IMG]http://inlinethumb04.webshots.com/46979/2598121090092706180S500x500Q85.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

This picture gives a great idea of what the view will be. It looks like those cabins are 8 balconies from the back, which will allow for a decent view. Thanks for sharing the link.

[quote name='reallyitsmema']Any idea what the obstuction might be? Is it the control room area for the aqua theatre? If it is, they won't have a great wake view but will be able to see some.[/QUOTE]

The obstruction is considered the bridge across. These pix are taken from pretty much directly over those cabins on the 15th deck.
View looking back
[IMG]http://inlinethumb04.webshots.com/46147/2144148650104385121S600x600Q85.jpg[/IMG]

View looking directly across
[IMG]http://inlinethumb50.webshots.com/31345/2357887820104385121S600x600Q85.jpg[/IMG]

I'm so happy that you've gotten close to resolution. This really sounds like a perfect set up. You're only one flight down from the pool. Although you don't have an unobstructed ocean view, you're only a few cabins away from the nice big balconies in the stern. As I'm sure you've read, they rarely have more than a few people. Plus you'll have your kids close by and they will love the balcony.
Now sit back, and finally enjoy your much earned planning. Book your shows and start letting those soothing images of sun soaked beaches and roast beef sandwiches fill your thoughts.

[quote name='tab1220']Ok....whew!!
Rudolph from RCCL has put a hold on 14315 and 14317. He wants me to call the TA copr and have them switch me over to these two room immediately. He says if they refuse to cancel and RCCL will take of me. so calling now.[/quote]
Not sure what the deal is,but 14315 and 14317 are showing available right now....meaning no hold.:confused:

[quote name='PH8']Not sure what the deal is,but 14315 and 14317 are showing available right now....meaning no hold.:confused:[/quote]

And the Saga just keeps going and going...I think if I were OP "I" would be putting a courtesy hold on those cabins MYSELF!! Time to be a little more pro-active I think...:eek:

[quote name='kc320']And the Saga just keeps going and going...I think if I were OP "I" would be putting a courtesy hold on those cabins MYSELF!! Time to be a little more pro-active I think...:eek:[/QUOTE]
Agree! There have been many good suggestions on here ..time to get on the ball and do something ..especially now that it is past final payment.

OMG!!!
I just recieved a call from a lady at the TA. She said she recieved an email from My TA today asking her to take over this booking while she's away and to take $400. off my credit card as final payment. She said something didn't seem right so she called me before she did tha payment!!

I'm sick to my stomach right now!! I asked her to please delete my cc #s and now I'm calling my bank to have them cancelled. She's calling her corp office to report her. I asked her not to contact the TA and let her know that she has made me aware of this til I cancel my ccs..I can't believe this I'm so sick right now!!!

Archived