Just noticed TA changed our cabins!!!

tab1220

Just spoke with a RC rep in corporate. She listened to the situation as well as pulled up my res. She was very apologetic and stated that she couldn't believe the TA would suggest I cancel my res rather than try to save me as a customer and work things out.

She said that since final payment had been made that the TA couldn't release my booking over to them. She placed me on hold and explained the situation to someone in the resolutions dept. They told me that they are going to call my TA now and work something out for me then call me back.

Keep your fingers crossed for me guys!!!

That is correct.....can't transfer a booking after final payment is made.... commission's are already paid out....if you cancel they would have to do a commission recall from the agent....not a big deal..... hopefully things will get squared away.

Everything's crossed!

Oh goodie....I smell a happy ending! can't wait

Yea....I think they will figure something to work this out....Royal will only want this resi cancelled at this point only as a last resort.....lots of transferring of funds at this point and many parties involved....and if commission was already paid out (which it sounds like it was)...they wouldn't be able to refund that amount back to the OP until it get's returned to Royal...and that takes some time.....it starts to get messy as I am sure you are already starting to see.

Yes...I would....you window to cancel before hitting penalty period is getting close.....as well as you need your TA around to be able to cancel if needed.

Yes,78 days till the cruise,which means only 3 more days to cancel...

Sorry guys. Today as turned out to be a hectic and crazy day for me.

The lady at RC did some searching while we were on the phone, but said that she would have to search several decks which is going to take awhile. She promised that they will have this resolved for me today.

Still having faith that we'll be taken care of. :)

If an "independent agent" ruined the way that people thought about my business, I would quickly disassociate myself with said "independent agent." The hair salon where I go, as with most hair salons, had a girl "renting booth space." She did a horrible job on haircuts for a few people. My stylist who owns the salon felt horrible. She told them they didn't have to pay and that she would take care of it. By the end of the month, Miss Independent Contractor's rental was cancelled. She is now cutting hair at WalMart, where no one expects too much from here. My stylist has a good reputation and she was not about to have some twit destroy her good name.

I know a cruise is much more expensive than a haircut, which is why this travel agency group should get rid of this flake.

OP, how did you wind up with this particular agent? Did you know her already or did you call the travel agency and that is the agent they assigned? If so, I don't care if she is independent- I think they are just as responsible as she is for her errors. She has to answer to someone- a boss, a licensing board. So complain about her.

Not to mention, the bad references will certainly speak volumes. It is said that someone who has a good experience will tell one friend. A person who has a bad experience will tell 99 friends and others. So, you have already told well over 99 people.

If TA knowingly made the initial reservations with cabins far away from each other, she was obligated to fix the mistake- NOT "being nice to fix the mistake." She should have known that her error in assigning the cabins was a problem. Yes, she was obligated to fix it and should have called her customer/client immediately and told her there was a problem. NOW, that said- if RCCI's policy is that there should be an adult in each room and no notation was stated on the reservation that this was a family unit then maybe RCCI just assigned random rooms and didn't realize it was a couple with three children. In this day and age, it could be a dad with two kids and a mom with one or any combination of such.

Thanks guys.

I don't understand what's taking RC so long. I'm very greatful for their help,but would like to get an answer today. I will probably call them back an the next 30 minutes or so.

@legaljen1969..I sent you a friend request. Don't see anywhere on here where I'm able to pm me. I'd like to hear the details of your cruise.

Thanks guys.

I don't understand what's taking RC so long. I'm very greatful for their help,but would like to get an answer today. I will probably call them back an the next 30 minutes or so.

@legaljen1969..I sent you a friend request. Don't see anywhere on here where I'm able to pm me. I'd like to hear the details of your cruise.

I suspect they may be trying to make some re arrangements so every is happy (or so I hope!!) Hang in there! Thinking of you. Happy Veterans Day.

Archived