"LIVE" from Explorer of the Seas / Nov 10, 2011

Radio

Hi,

I have booked our first GS on the Explorer. We will be going in March. It is a surprise for my husbands birthday. I would also like a cabana on Labadee. How do I go about this? Do I wait to book onboard or can it be done in advance? If it can be done in advance, is it through Crown and Anchor? Thanks for any help you might be able to supply.

Christine

I know that you posted the name of the software that allows you see yor navigation info on your PC, but I cannot find it. Could you repost that information.

I used Delorme Street Atlas Navigation . . .

The GPS used was one of 3. . .

1.)Garmin GPS map 76CSx 2.) Delorme LT40 3.) Delorme BT-20 Wirelss GPS

There is much more detailed Marine map software available, bu they are alittle pricey. . .

Radio

;);)

I used Delorme Street Atlas Navigation . . .

The GPS used was one of 3. . .

1.)Garmin GPS map 76CSx 2.) Delorme LT40 3.) Delorme BT-20 Wirelss GPS

There is much more detailed Marine map software available, bu they are alittle pricey. . .

Radio

;);)

thanks. I was reading some reviews and they were not very positive.

I have been using my garmin nuvi with mixed results in keeping connected , and I have to enter coordinates by hand into Microsoft maps to see where I am. I was in an aft cabin on adventure and did not have much luck. I just got off of a B2B on Oasis , had the desk next to the balcony, and had the GPS sitting on the desk, and it worked pretty good, but I have no way to transfer the data to the pc.

Yes Radio- we need a" Live from the Silhouette" from you! I love all your live posts and would love to read about and see your pics from this new ship. The March 5th sailing would be perfect because I would have the pleasure of sailing with you and have a permanent reminder of our cruise!!! :)

Hmm. . .I will look at that sailing:)

I really want to do a longer Cruise!

Radio

;);)

Funny our very first cruise was on the NCL Southward for ten days haven't come close to matching that length since. Our nine day voyage on the Explorer come April comes the closest.

Thanks RADIO for all the additional pics and coming soon compasses posted on your site! I felt like a child on Christmas morning when I saw you updated the album today!

Thanks, The Compasses and some short Videos should be up in a couple days. . .

Radio

;);)

Been enjoying all you informative posts, and so happy everything is great. I was directed to you for a question I have. We will be on the Explorer in January and our friends going with us need to use the internet for over an hour a day.

If you can help us with any info about whether there is any internet connection in the Jr. Suites, and also the costs of the packages available. Also have you heard of any hot spots around the ship?

I hope you continue to enjy your cruise , and whenever you could help us with any answers or info, I would be so grateful.

Thank you so much.....

Been enjoying all you informative posts, and so happy everything is great. I was directed to you for a question I have. We will be on the Explorer in January and our friends going with us need to use the internet for over an hour a day.

If you can help us with any info about whether there is any internet connection in the Jr. Suites, and also the costs of the packages available. Also have you heard of any hot spots around the ship?

I hope you continue to enjy your cruise , and whenever you could help us with any answers or info, I would be so grateful.

Thank you so much.....

As an older ship, the Explorer's cabins are not set up for WiFi. There are many common areas around the ship for people who bring their own laptops. Radio reported that he did the best in the Viking Crown lounge at the top of the ship, this was the strongest and fastest signal. There is also an on-air lounge where you can use the ship's computers but that has been slow in the past. The Royal Promenade is also a hot spot but that has always been slow.

You can buy packages of minutes, the more minutes the lower the cost per minute.

Radio has been off the ship for several days now.

Hello everyone. . . I was finally able to Scan all of the Documents that I brought home. . .

I seemed to have forgotten to bring home Day 6 (Compass) @#$%& :(

But the Daily Planner does include Day 6. . .

Just CLICK HERE to see each Cruise Compass !

Thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

;);)

Here are some Samples. . .

Day 1 Page 1

DAY1PG1.jpg

As you Depart (Page 1)

DEPART1.jpg

Archived