"LIVE" from Explorer of the Seas / Nov 10, 2011

Radio

The Sonesta Resort beach looks beautiful!!! How far away is it from the ship? Can you take a cab or a bus? If so, how much would the cab be and how long would it take to get there? Can you rent a jetski there?

Thanks,

Loralie

It is on the other side of the bay. . .You can see it from the ship. The cost should be about $12. . . It only takes about 10min.

Radio

;);)

It appears that vacuuming out a PC is not good for the Motherboard. . . So I will have to buy another one this weekend before I can scan all of my documents. . .Oooops.

Here are a few random pics that never made it last week. . .

Radio

There were alot of sunburns in the hot sun on the day we left San Juan (Wednesday)

D20.JPG

Explorer of the Seas at Pier #2 in San Juan, PR

D11.JPG

A view over Explorer Dunes in St. Maarten

D2.JPG

I am at the Future Cruise Consultant area, thinking about a Future Cruise

D3.JPG

I make it back to Explorer of the Seas in St. Thomas

D9.JPG

Beautiful Labadee

D19.JPG

I did not view the offense, but I heard that it happened. . .

One of our Roll Call members took a couple of pics. . . Unbelievable :confused:

Radio

;);)

I would love to know what happened to the culprits. I can't believe no one saw this happening especially since the ships aft end was facing the pier. How would you get up there without climbing. I still say can't fix stupid.

I would love to know what happened to the culprits. I can't believe no one saw this happening especially since the ships aft end was facing the pier. How would you get up there without climbing. I still say can't fix stupid.

The scuttle on the ship was they were released in San Juan. . .

Radio

;);)

We put the life jacket basket on the balcony of the Solstice for the 7 night cruise out of FL in June. I wouldn't suggest doing that for the 12 nighter out of cold Bayonne in December. We will probably put the cold weather coats and clothes in a suitcase and leave that under the bed along with the rest of the luggage. And hopefully have enough room to wedge the life jackets all the way under the bed.

Looking forward to some more Radio pictures. If he decides to do an S class cruise, we would see some unusual perspectives in his shots.

Why not?

Hey Radio did you notice sewage smells during your voyage?

I did not notice any smells. . .but I heard from others that a smell was temporary in 2 parts of the ship. . .

Deck 9 Aft and Deck 10 Mid. . .but later in the day they said it was gone :confused:

Radio

;);)

I did not notice any smells. . .bu tI heard from others that a smell was temporary in 2 parts of the ship. . . Deck 9 Aft and Deck 10 Mid. . .but later in the day they said it was gone:confused:

Radio

;);)

We were on deck 10 and didn't notice any smells. I did hear some ladies talking about sewage smells in their bathroom while on the elevator. That's the only thing I heard about smells.

Radio, it was fun cruising with you, and really nice to have a live thread to read now that I'm on post-cruise reentry.

Radio: correct way to clean the PC is to blow the dust out with a can of air or a compressor. My DH is a tech, he uses a portable compressor.

Loved the Labadee pic:p

Yes, Becci. . . I was a dunce. . .

I have been selling PC's and Electronics for 30 years and I should have know better :o

NOTE TO RADIO>>>>> "Practice what you preach"

Radio

;);)

Mark, I miss you already, everywhere I went you were there camera in hand and or tablet. Great live thread, I was there with you but still had to race home to read your posts, lol Thanks for the great thread and the nice compliments. We did have a great bunch of CC this time, we were really lucky. Who will make Joe laugh now and hurt at the same time, lol He is feeling much better now.

I only smelt it once near the concierge lounge on deck 9. I have smelt worse on Princess, that was really bad and they never fixed the problem in years. I can not remember the name of the ship that was on.

Poor Carlos, he said he had like 800 complaints this cruise and had to deal with them all, he has never had that many he said. What were people complaining about? What more can some one ask for, you do not have to cook, clean, make beds, the staff was great, even if one was not up to par it could not make a cruise that bad to complain that much, some people, I am one that appreciates just being alive and be lucky enough to be able to experience a cruise, that makes me very happy, even when I was on the cruise through Hurricane Irene, I made the best of the rocky ship, nothing can stop me from enjoying life and a cruise.

Thanks again Mark for all your hard work

Sue

It appears that vacuuming out a PC is not good for the Motherboard. . . So I will have to buy another one this weekend before I can scan all of my documents. . .Oooops.

Here are a few random pics that never made it last week. . .

Radio

There were alot of sunburns in the hot sun on the day we left San Juan (Wednesday)

D20.JPG

This looks like one of my many "nice scenery" shots

D3.JPG

You always take shots from unusual angles, which I then file away in memory.

Beautiful Labadee

D19.JPG

Perfect postcard shot

Thanks for the all the photos. You have revved us up for next month's Silhouette.

When you were with us for week 2 of our Allure B2B, I checked out your "Live" thread when we got back to land and kept saying to myself "Why didn't I think of taking that shot"?

We were in cabin 8678 on this cruise. We did smell something that smelled like cabbage cooking. It went away after a few days. We didn't complain, and it really wasn't a big deal.

I really appreciate your pictures and the time you put into posting, Radio. We always try to get pictures of the ship to show people back home. We never succeeded in getting ones of this quality. We'll just show them yours. Thanks so much for posting!

power strips can be confiscated as they can overload the outlets in the cabins thus, potentially, causing a fire hazard...

Radio...lovely photos...again!:D:cool:;)

As for sewage smell....a little, here and there, randomly throughout the ship, not all the time...just on occasion.

About the complaints, not really sure. Also, 800 complaints sounds like a LOT..but, well, there were a few whiners in the lounge when i was there. My only complaint was about the Future cruise consultants....not exactly the most helpful....

with regards to the "paint" - apparently whatever it was had been cleaned/removed before we left SXM or so i heard....

i have no knowledge of what happened to the people, if anything..but, conventional wisdom would indicate that if one violates the cruise contract, and if one defaces property, the penalty COULD include being thrown off the ship. again, i have no info as to whether or not this was the case, but, personally, i would like to smack the living daylights out of these dipsticks.

The smell was very strong on Deck 9 ASS oops I mean AFT.. We had a Balcony so once in the cabin it wasn't bad, but when we would dock in the morning the smell was very strong. There was a couple whom I saw speaking with staff outside there Inside cabin about the issue. I can imagine the inside cabins really got the worst of it. I will say RCCL was doing everything they could. I saw Maintenance up there constantly and one day there were 5 officers in the hallway, very much aware of then situation.

Radio - Thank you for the wonderful trip. I think we are going to do the 12 day next year.

Thanks for the nice comments. . . I will be sailing EX again in 2012.

I want to do a 11 or 12 night also ! Searching. . . searching. . .:)

Radio

;);)

Archived