"LIVE" from Explorer of the Seas / Nov 10, 2011

Radio

Radio, I was wondering how it felt to be on a Voyager class ship after Oasis/Allure. I loved the Voyage class and am thinking about booking Navigator next. I'm just a bit concerned about returning to the Voyager class after Oasis. Any insight?

I love the Voyager, Freedom, and Oasis Class. . . I'm not sure which one is my favorite. They all have their advantages !:)

Radio

;);)

Sorry, The P. . . I don't have info on the Murder Mystery nights. . .

Radio

;);)

That's OK, Radio, I can always check when I'm on board for any conflicts, and book then. I so enjoyed all your posts. You were very kind to all of us for the time you spent posting us pix/info while you cruised. Bravo and applause to you!

I don’t think these pics made it in a previous post either-

I have fallen in Love with Cruising. . . And Sapphire Beach in St Thomas

A8.JPG

The water there, makes me feel wonderful !

A9.JPG

.[/quote

Nice pictures of the beach. We have never been to a beach on St. Thomas. Maybe we should change our plans. How often can we hit the stores downtown or at Havensight?

Can anyone tell me if any of the Formal Nights were on the same night the Murder Mystery was held on this cruise? Thanks!

On our 10 day cruise next March, the formal nights and Murder Mystery are different nights. I confirmed this before making the reservations for the MM.

On our 10 day cruise next March, the formal nights and Murder Mystery are different nights. I confirmed this before making the reservations for the MM.

And when I called last week to confirm the same thing for my January cruise, they weren't sure! Right now, based upon what cruisers have told me the norm is for Formal Nights (2) on a 10 day cruise, the second Formal Night shares a date with the MM offering; the MM dates have been established. Between that and whatever the shows are, we've decided to wait before we start booking. Thanks for replying!

Thanks again, Radio for the great details and photos. I'm sailing the Ex in NINE days!

Another question, if you don't mind: any "confiscations" that you were made aware of? I really want to bring my power strip again, and hope that I can without a problem.

Thanks!

Teddie

And when I called last week to confirm the same thing for my January cruise, they weren't sure! Right now, based upon what cruisers have told me the norm is for Formal Nights (2) on a 10 day cruise, the second Formal Night shares a date with the MM offering; the MM dates have been established. Between that and whatever the shows are, we've decided to wait before we start booking. Thanks for replying!

Hmmmm, we were told the MM is on night 8 and the second formal was on night 9. The other MM day did not conflict with the first formal night either according to RCI but it was on a port day so we opted for the second show.

Now I feel like I had better call again to be sure. I also need to find out about a parasailing excursion I booked in Labadee, apparently they are being cancelled now.

Hmmmm, we were told the MM is on night 8 and the second formal was on night 9. The other MM day did not conflict with the first formal night either according to RCI but it was on a port day so we opted for the second show.

Now I feel like I had better call again to be sure. I also need to find out about a parasailing excursion I booked in Labadee, apparently they are being cancelled now.

I know our MM days are the 4th and 8th eves on our 10- nighter. There's a FN on night #2; the other hasn't been decided yet.

Here are a few more pics from St Maarten that never made it into the thread. . .

Radio

I really want to sail on a Solstice Class Ship soon. . .

C2.JPG

There is not much shade on the Aft cabins on Silhouette

C3.JPG

I like it that the Balconies on Silhouette have high tables

C4.JPG

This is a nice beachside bar on the Sonesta Resort in St Maarten

C8.JPG

The Sonesta Beach Resort is just across Great Bay and the Cruise Ship Pier

C7.JPG

There is no charge to use the Beach, but I was told it is $50 for a day pass to use the pool, beach lounges and towels,

C6.JPG

I also need to find out about a parasailing excursion I booked in Labadee, apparently they are being cancelled now.

I probably wouldn't worry about that at this point...your not sailing for about 3 months, they may have resolved the issue/investigation by that time and you'll be good to go:)

From what I can tell on a 10 nighter the first formal night will be the 2nd night of the cruise and the 2nd formal night will be the 9th night of the cruise - don't know if this will help:)

To expand on Radio's post about the Silhouette, here is a pic of a typical balcony cabin verandah area. Yes, the table is high. But, the storage in the verandah cabins is somewhat low...so we left the tub with the lifejackets outside for the whole trip.

This is a common complaint.

2574548070096246620S600x600Q85.jpg

Thanks again, Radio for the great details and photos. I'm sailing the Ex in NINE days!

Another question, if you don't mind: any "confiscations" that you were made aware of? I really want to bring my power strip again, and hope that I can without a problem.

Thanks!

Teddie

Teddie, you should jump over to the RCI Meet and Mingle page and join us. We have a very active thread and have tons of events planned for our little float trip next month.

Hi, XLRATION, how do you make reservations for the murder mystery? My DD and I have coupons for dining at a specialty restuarant, is the MM held at Portofinos?

They advertised the murder mystery when I was on the ship last month in the compass... but since I was by myself it would not have been much fun so I did not sign up for it. Yes, it is at Portofino's and it was held on day 6 I believe... it was the day before the second formal night.

Teddie, you should jump over to the RCI Meet and Mingle page and join us. We have a very active thread and have tons of events planned for our little float trip next month.

Thanks. I did join the m&m early on, but I haven't visited recently ... I'll go have a look!

Hi, XLRATION, how do you make reservations for the murder mystery? My DD and I have coupons for dining at a specialty restuarant, is the MM held at Portofinos?

We made our reservations through Royal Caribbeans website. Just go to My Cruises, log on to your account, click the Mar. 9th 10 night cruise then go under Specialty Restaurants and Dining Experiences to make the reservation.

The Murder Mystery is at Portofino but apparantly it begins the story line someplace else then we are ushered to Portofino. I assume the info will be made available to us once we board.

Hi,

If the coupon you have is from your TA, I believe that you cannot reserve any specialty dining until on-board and can only reserve for a port day, not a sea day. If you book on-line prior to the cruise you will be charged right away and cannot use the coupon.

To expand on Radio's post about the Silhouette, here is a pic of a typical balcony cabin verandah area. Yes, the table is high. But, the storage in the verandah cabins is somewhat low...so we left the tub with the lifejackets outside for the whole trip.

This is a common complaint.

2574548070096246620S600x600Q85.jpg

OK - I just have to chime in here. I've been reading Radio's posts as I was just on the Silhouette for its first Caribbean cruise. So, I know the storage space on the Silhouette is a bit tight to say the least. But, I don't think it is necessary to put the life jackets on the balcony, as they are tucked under the bed. Yes, the Silhouette can use some more drawer space inside the cabins, but there is plenty of storage space under the bed for luggage.

Radio - Thanks for posting once again as I do enjoy all your live posts!

There is no charge to use the Beach, but I was told it is $50 for a day pass to use the pool, beach lounges and towels,

C6.JPG

The Sonesta Resort beach looks beautiful!!! How far away is it from the ship? Can you take a cab or a bus? If so, how much would the cab be and how long would it take to get there? Can you rent a jetski there?

Thanks,

Loralie

OK - I just have to chime in here. I've been reading Radio's posts as I was just on the Silhouette for its first Caribbean cruise. So, I know the storage space on the Silhouette is a bit tight to say the least. But, I don't think it is necessary to put the life jackets on the balcony, as they are tucked under the bed. Yes, the Silhouette can use some more drawer space inside the cabins, but there is plenty of storage space under the bed for luggage.

Radio - Thanks for posting once again as I do enjoy all your live posts!

We put the life jacket basket on the balcony of the Solstice for the 7 night cruise out of FL in June. I wouldn't suggest doing that for the 12 nighter out of cold Bayonne in December. We will probably put the cold weather coats and clothes in a suitcase and leave that under the bed along with the rest of the luggage. And hopefully have enough room to wedge the life jackets all the way under the bed.

Looking forward to some more Radio pictures. If he decides to do an S class cruise, we would see some unusual perspectives in his shots.

Radio,

Would mind letting me know if the construction around Maho Beach in St. Maarten is completed. . . if by chance you were in that neck of the woods?:)

The pictures of Haiti are beautiful. You got some real souveniers to frame when you get home. Will you be doing a B2B? Where will your travels take you next?

It's been nice cruising with you.

I can answer that one as SIL flies Black Hawks and really wanted to go and see the planes esp the afternoon big ones. We decided to give it a go and leave if traffic seems bad. We had rented a car so could do what we wanted. Stayed until the 230p air france I think. All in family were very thrilled and its something special to see. There was almost no traffic going back. Took about 1/2 hour. They are still working on the road but according to the cab drivers we spoke with its going the other way. Just our experience.

This was a great cruise and differant for us with 3 grandkids, did things and went places we have never done!

Thanks!

Teddie

I brought two splitters and a power strip on board in checked baggage. None were taken.

But I also didn't need them either.

Thanks!

Teddie

What was the problem with your power strip?! Did they give you a reason?

Archived