Help with timings please

CASPALL

There are plenty of taxis lined up and waiting. You will need to let the ship know you have an early flight...you may need to do the "self-carry off" of your luggage.

We've made 10:50 flights...so it's doable, as long as everything goes smoothly!

You might make it. Or you might not.

Impossible to be certain but the question is....Do you feel lucky?

Here is a link to a similar question from someone who was attempting an earlier departure.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1486051

An another from a later flight than yours

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1047015

If you try and succeed/fail report back afterwards.

Under normal circumstances you would be fine if you use express disembarkation (you must carry off your own luggage). However, you are at the mercy of Customs and Border Protection who, on ocassion, will hold a ship for various reasons. We have been on 2 cruises (over the years) that had their clearances delayed (nobody can leave the ship until its cleared) until around 9:30am. The odds are in your favor, but there is a risk.

Hank

I would not take the chance and book a flight this early.

There is too much risk. Ship may arrive late, clearance may be slow and you might (and Miami is big for this) get pulled over by customs to go through your luggage.

I would not take the chance.

Keith

If just one thing goes wrong, you won't make it. Miami is a very difficult airport and lines for check in and security could take over 45 minutes each. And nowadays you have to be ON the plane anywhere from 15 to 20 minutes before departure. I know there are later flights to NYC and would book one of those.

Yes, you "might" make the flight, but if you miss it you may incur extra costs, plus you could wait a LONG time for another flight. Airlines are cutting back on planes so they all fly full, which means there isn't a lot of space for last minute bookings.

Probably 90% of the time ships arrive in port on time and there aren't delays in clearing customs. Ten percent of the time something will cause a delay. Plus, it looks like you are not American residents, which means a possible wait through customs & immigration. I'm a dual citizen and have been hauled off to immigration more than once and that's added a good hour to the disembarkation process.

There is no point in wasting the last morning of your vacation worrying about getting to the airport. Book a later flight but find out if you can fly stand by if you happen to get to the airport early, and there happens to be space available on an earlier flight.

If Celebrity Millennium arrives in Miami at 7am, will I have enough time to get to Miami Airport for a 10.35am flight to New York?

Would I need to pre book a taxi or are there plenty on the quayside?

Thanks

Caryl

I think you are cutting to close. There are all sorts of reasons why you could be delayed getting off the ship. I would book a later flight and play it safe. :)

Are you trying to make a New York connection for your return to Scotland? If so you are risking the connection.

There are plenty of flights from MIA and FLL to all three of the New York area airports.

Please reconsider your 10:35 flight. The traffic from the port to the airport is fraught with far too many issues to be carefree and swift. There is ongoing construction at the airport which can be another impediment.

I presume your are traveling on a "foreign" passport and will undergo a more thorough Customs and Immigration check at the pier.

You will not need to prebook a taxi but you will have to join a line of others waiting for a cab.

Thanks to you all!

My problem is - Originally we were just going to have 7 days in Miami in the sun before going to join family for a pre Xmas celebration in NYC for 4 days.

We booked an AA flight up to NY for 10.40am and we fly back to the UK from there.

I saw this cruise advertised when looking for a hotel in miami and thought it was a much better deal than any hotel could offer!

I have been in Europe for a month so haven't managed to do any research - this is where CC comes in very handy!

Think we will gamble and just go for the cruise! Then its a 2 night hotel - pre cruise to look for in Miami that won't break the bank. Any ideas?

Thanks again

Caryl

Archived