Current Concierges continued

PH8

What makes this even more confusing is that Beth was in a GS. What does that mean? Is there something about high level C&A members going on?:confused:

I was surprised that her upgrade went from a balcony to a GS.:confused: She must have friends.:D

Edited by cruisenfever

I have heard from Luca that he will be returning to Mariner for the April sailings and the TA. He was a bit unclear whether he would be going all the way to China on her. However, he will be reassigned after the re-po, but he doesn't know what ship. BTW, Sebastian, current concierge, is a honey...also cute. He doesn't know what his next ship will be when Luca returns.

I am wondering what if any effect the new tipping policy will have on the concierge. We just did a B2B, with the first week in a JS and the second in a GS. The new policy hit the second week so we did not get a form to add tips. As far as I can tell, the concierge does not inter into the breakdown of tips that are auto. At least the explanation page in our suite did not list him. We tipped him in cash both times, but many of the other suite guests never came to the lounge. Anyone have a better idea how all this will work? We even talked to Guest Services regards his tip and didn't really get a good answer. Do you suppose that the attitude being reported has anything to do with this?

You make a good point here. Getting the form (in a suite) to fill out acted, for some, as the trigger to tip the concierge along with the other staff.

Will suite guests assume the daily gratuity charge will cover him/her?

This could impact them in a negative way.

I am wondering what if any effect the new tipping policy will have on the concierge. We just did a B2B, with the first week in a JS and the second in a GS. The new policy hit the second week so we did not get a form to add tips. As far as I can tell, the concierge does not inter into the breakdown of tips that are auto. At least the explanation page in our suite did not list him. We tipped him in cash both times, but many of the other suite guests never came to the lounge. Anyone have a better idea how all this will work? We even talked to Guest Services regards his tip and didn't really get a good answer. Do you suppose that the attitude being reported has anything to do with this?

I don't think it has anything to do with the new tipping policy, unless it made the negative treatment more so. My first experience of this nature was on ID in December.

Are you talking about the Liberty of the Seas? If so, I agree with you wholeheartedly. We have sailed her 4 times previously, twice with Mario as Concierge and twice with Oana and both were wonderful. We are Diamond Plus and also sometimes sail in suites, sometimes in balconies. This past month happened to be in a balcony. The CL was never crowded but the Concierge never got up from his desk and mingled with the guests. We were lucky if he even said hello as we walked in the door. He didn't seem to want to have any interaction with the D+ members. I actually heard him refer one D+ member to the Diamond concierge for assistance. He was only handling the suite guests.

Beth I agree with you about both LB and ID. In each case the Concierge really wasn't interested in anyone other than the suite guests, and even then didn't put himself out - we were in the Presidential suite on ID and we felt like we were still a burden to him.

Oana and Columella are gems and we preferred to be there anyway.

I'm glad you both agree with me, despite your having had a somewhat negative experience. It's nice to know I'm not alone. Thanks.

The writing on the wall is that the CL will be for "Gold" card holders and the DL will be for everyone else.

And, with no disrespect to Beth, but it wasn't her prediction.:)

perhaps Beth's treatment is indication that once all the ships have a CL, all including Pinnacles, will be kicked out of the CL. Then the CL will be for suite guests only and the Diamond Lounge for all other D/D+/P members. Just as Beth predicted long ago, she's a very smart cookie!

Patti and Karen,

You both got me a little curious, so I did a little digging. It's sometimes hard to remember what was said publicly and privately. I found 3 posts on this subject:

My post #84 July 3, 2012 (Diamonds in December thread)

I agree that the room is nicer. However, I've been convinced all along that they are setting us up for a "use it or lose it" scenario. As part of the coming restriction of CL to Pinnacle and Concierge Suites, they will say we didn't use it when we had the chance, so it's no big deal if they take it away from us.

Another part of the handwriting on the wall is the new email addresses for the new concierges. On FR class, the email is to Concierge and DiamondConcierge. On the older ships that have been revitalized (such as GR and SP) the email goes to SuiteConcierge and DiamondConcierge.

Hello???????

My post #439 April 18, 2012 (Concierge thread)

Patti,

I think this is just some more of the handwriting on the wall. I am convinced that when all the ships (or maybe even most of them) have been revitalized and have 2 lounges, the current "CL" will become a Suite Lounge with admission only by gold card.

Setting up a new email with the Suite designation puts one little thing in place for the future.

JMHO. Time will tell.

My post #2260 Feb 24, 2012 (old D/D+ thread)

JMHO, but...

I believe they will continue to allow kids into CL only. After all, Adam's excuse was that the suite people wanted it.

That may make DL more attractive to some. I would agree that, given the choice of kids in one lounge and not in the other, I would normally prefer the one without them. (No flames, please, I just don't think they belong in any drinking environment.)

However, I also believe that they will ban D+ from CL when all the are fitted with DLs.

In the meantime, I believe they are monitoring the D+ usage of the existing DLs. I think they will say we're happy with the DL, so there's no need for us to go to the CL.

USE IT OR LOSE IT!!!!

Again, JMHO.

Soapbox off.:rolleyes: No disrespect intended here either, just a treasure hunt!

Beth, that is terrible treatment. You are Pinnacle and in a Grand Suite. I would certainly elevate this to Adam Goldstein's office.:)

Like I mentioned before,I got that very same attitude(as Beth) with Willy on the FR.he very clearly let us know DP was not worthy of his time....he was only interested in the suite guests......

I second the idea of emailing someone like Adam about this.......I did....

Ladies, I generally agree with this suggestion, but, this time I'm handling it differently. As much as I don't like to be negative on my comments survey, I did mention this situation. Rather than say "... was acting inappropriately..." I merely asked why he said what he said and acted the way he did.

Thanks for the vote of confidence!

Ladies, I generally agree with this suggestion, but, this time I'm handling it differently. As much as I don't like to be negative on my comments survey, I did mention this situation. Rather than say "... was acting inappropriately..." I merely asked why he said what he said and acted the way he did.

Thanks for the vote of confidence!

Beth, I hope you get a response from your comment card and I

hope you let us know what they say. See you soon.

Anita

Beth,

You also have our vote. And, yes, the handwriting is very clearly written on the wall.

We also noticed Willy's indifference to D+ and P on Freedom. It was disturbing.

Finally, the good news in the last post is that you and Anita are sailing again together. Wish we were there! Have fun!

Rick and Deirdra

Beth, I hope you get a response from your comment card and I

hope you let us know what they say.

If I do, I will, but I'm not holding my breath.

See you soon.

???

Anita

Beth,

You also have our vote. And, yes, the handwriting is very clearly written on the wall.

We also noticed Willy's indifference to D+ and P on Freedom. It was disturbing.

Finally, the good news in the last post is that you and Anita are sailing again together. Do you know something I don't know? Wish we were there! Have fun!

Rick and Deirdra

Thanks for the support.:D

R&D said: "Finally, the good news in the last post is that you and Anita are sailing again together."

Beth: "Do you know something I don't know?"

Beth, we saw that Anita said, "See you soon". We were guessing and hoping, that maybe incorrectly, that you all were cruising together again.

We all had a really great time on our Voyager, Venice to Barcelona 8 day, not all that long ago. That cruise is at the top of the list as one of our best. And you all, and Moses, helped to make it that. Thank you!

Rick and Deirdra

I have heard from Luca that he will be returning to Mariner for the April sailings and the TA. He was a bit unclear whether he would be going all the way to China on her. However, he will be reassigned after the re-po, but he doesn't know what ship. BTW, Sebastian, current concierge, is a honey...also cute. He doesn't know what his next ship will be when Luca returns.

Sebastian IS a sweetheart and worked very hard to please all of his guests, whether in a suite or Diamond Plus. He stopped by to chat with us every night and always welcomed us with a great big "hello" when we walked in and a "thank you for coming" when we left. I know he's looking forward to his vacation when Luca returns and possibly returning to the Navigator afterwards. We're glad Luca is returning for the TA and are looking forward to seeing him again.

I booked LB 10 days in advance. A week later I discovered that I had been moved from a balcony to a GS. Needless to say my amenties were not delivered. Not surprising. I handled that myself.

Despite the broadcast voicemail telling me about it, I did not get the binder of Suite information. When I asked the Concierge, he said I had to see the Diamond Concierge. Huh?? I asked why, since I'm Pinnacle and I was in a real suite. He relented and said he would send me one.

This was a 4 night cruise, Thursday to Monday. The binder was delivered on Saturday afternoon. It did not have any of the menus and the Sunday menu was neither delivered Saturday night nor with the Sunday morning service.

I am only Platinum but I have my first GS booked on the Liberty next month.

I should receive a binder that first day? I don't remember reading anything about amenities being delivered that first day...what are they?

The binder detailing suite perks is in your suite when you arrive. The amenity in your suite upon arrival is your bowl of fruit and of course, your robes. Whether you still get slippers may depend on the ship/steward. We did not get any last week on Mariner.

The binder detailing suite perks is in your suite when you arrive. The amenity in your suite upon arrival is your bowl of fruit and of course, your robes. Whether you still get slippers may depend on the ship/steward. We did not get any last week on Mariner.

We didn't get slippers or fruit last week on Navigator.

R&D said: "Finally, the good news in the last post is that you and Anita are sailing again together."

Beth: "Do you know something I don't know?"

Beth, we saw that Anita said, "See you soon". We were guessing and hoping, that maybe incorrectly, that you all were cruising together again.

We all had a really great time on our Voyager, Venice to Barcelona 8 day, not all that long ago. That cruise is at the top of the list as one of our best. And you all, and Moses, helped to make it that. Thank you!

Rick and Deirdra

I just figured that sooner or later, our paths will cross again. But

I checked Beth's busy itinerary and our planned cruises don't match

up. But, I do like to surprise people. :D

Anita

I just figured that sooner or later, our paths will cross again. But

I checked Beth's busy itinerary and our planned cruises don't match

up. But, I do like to surprise people. :D

Anita

And I thought you were planning something that coincided with my plans.:(

Does anyone know who will be the concierge on Allure for the 3/31 sailing and thereafter? And are they nice? We are in a suite for the first time and can't wait to meet them!

Katherine

Not sure......the Allure is one that never answers my emails:(

AD Adventure -(Concierge)Sucel Nickings(Silvia Abreu De Gasperi on vacation mid March)

AL Allure --(Concierge)- Rahim Fraoui (till 03/31/13) and Dexter Fraser (as of 02/17/13)

(Fernando Ugalde Nadal on vacation as of 02/17/13)

(Diamond)"Ana" Anayansy Jimenez as of 02/17/13

BR Brilliance -(Concierge)Betsy Medrano till August 2013 (Anis Tebbeb/Carlos Guiza Grandas)

(Diamond) (coming May 2013)

EN Enchantment -(Concierge)Iryna Tsybulnykova as of 02/16/13(Reyno Varkevisser on vacation 02/16/13 till 04/01/13)

(Diamond) Jasmin Villajuan

EX Explorer- (Concierge) Mario Reyes as of 01/13/13

FR Freedom (Concierge)- Bertrand Almeida (02/10/13 till April)

(Willie Salaya)

(Diamond)- Mangesh Jambhulkar till 06/2013

GR Grandeur-(Concierge)-Ruth Romo( Israel Sanchez on vacation as of 03/17/13)

(Diamond)Efren Aguirre

ID Independence (Concierge)Ryno Strapp till 03/30/13

(Raj Bhugwath)

(Diamond) -Columella Arandia as of 06/30/12

JW Jewel -(Concierge) Diego Tripaldi(on vacation 04/27/13-06/29/13)

LG Legend -(Concierge)Rahul Barua (as 02/06/13)

(Diamond)-Andrew Finegold(as of 02/06/13)

LB Liberty- (Concierge)-Carlos Ortiz(until May 2013)

(Diamond)-Oana Popa(Denzil Fernandes vacation as of 03/13/13)

MJ Majesty - none

MA Mariner -(Concierge)-Sebastin Henter as of 03/03/13 ( Luca Iorio)

(Diamond)- Martina Leggitimo 02/10/13 till 04/13/13(Erik Lafitte)

MN Monarch - none

NV Navigator – (Concierge) Mahmoud Messaoudi(Ricardo Mock on vacation as of 02/09/13)

OA Oasis (Concierge) Allan Fajardo and Charmaine Fernandes(till April 2013)- (Francis Calimag)

(Diamond) Carolina Cullbera till Feb or March 2013

RD Radiance -(Concierge)Juan Diego Miranda-Allen(Gazetty James on vacation 03/05/13-05/17/13) (JD on vacation again 07/26/13-08/30/13)

(Diamond) Shim Hyun "JJ" till 05/17/13

RH Rhapsody -(Concierge) Amit Chattopadhyay as of 01/23/13

(Diamond)Pretty Shamu(as of 03/11/13) Karen Hernandez

SR Serenade - (Concierge)Francois Roux (Nadja Djurdjevic)

(Diamond) Rami Tabassi till 05/05/13

SP Splendour–(Concierge) Gustavo Butcher as of 01/19/13(Telma Santos)

Silvia Abreu De Gasperi(mid March)

(Diamond)Carolina Costa till 03/13

VI Vision - none till 10/23/13

VY Voyager -(Concierge)Jayeon Hong(Yangyang Qi end of March)

To email the concierge,use the 2 letter code for ship(i.e EX for Explorer),followed by an underscore then Concierge@rccl.com

The underscore is ONLY between the ships two letters and Concierge.

i.e

EX_Concierge@rccl.com

**For the Rhapsody RH_SuitesConcierge@rccl.com

**For the Grandeur GR_SuitesConcierge@rccl.com

**On Oasis and Allure you need a 01 or 02 in the email address since there are 2 concierges on each ship

i.e

OA_Concierge01@rccl.com

OA_Concierge02@rccl.com

On ships with Diamond lounge concierge,add the word Diamond in front of Concierge

i.e

FR_DiamondConcierge@rccl.com