Current Concierges continued

PH8

Platinum converted, but Gold did not. We retained our Platinum status with a mere 29 nights at sea.:D

And in my experience, the shows suck, so not being able to photograph them (as if there would actually be somebody there to enforce that rule) isn't exactly a hardship.

Carnival offers pretty much nothing other than priority embarkation to suites. Platinum/Diamond get priority tendering and disembarkation, some laundry and few other perks that are hardly worth the effort. So one cruises Carnival (a) for the pleasure or (b) because there's no other option without flying. Thankfully, on the Left Coast, Princess has eliminated (b), so our upcoming cruise on Inspiration is likely our last Carnival cruise for awhile. When it's hard to tell whether cruising is better than staying home for the weekend doing laundry, that's not a good sign.

LOL, that will be my new yardstick -- laundry, or cruise? On Princess, you can have both!:p:D

[/b]

LOL, that will be my new yardstick -- laundry, or cruise? On Princess, you can have both!:p:D

I LOVED Princess and the fact,you can send laundry out every day!!:D They really have great perks,esp if you are Elite.....

Platinum converted, but Gold did not. We retained our Platinum status with a mere 29 nights at sea.:D

And in my experience, the shows suck, so not being able to photograph them (as if there would actually be somebody there to enforce that rule) isn't exactly a hardship.

Carnival offers pretty much nothing other than priority embarkation to suites. Platinum/Diamond get priority tendering and disembarkation, some laundry and few other perks that are hardly worth the effort. So one cruises Carnival (a) for the pleasure or (b) because there's no other option without flying. Thankfully, on the Left Coast, Princess has eliminated (b), so our upcoming cruise on Inspiration is likely our last Carnival cruise for awhile. When it's hard to tell whether cruising is better than staying home for the weekend doing laundry, that's not a good sign.

My friend who "was" platinum with more points than you did NOT convert. There was an uproar over it that I followed on their top CD's blog.

On my second Carnival cruise I was stopped from taking photographs early during the show. The CD's staff stands at the back and will stop anyone who has an LCD screen showing. I've seen it happen since then to cell phone users. I thought the costumes were pretty elaborate and revealing so I wanted pics. :(

Carlos returned yesterday. I understand that Oana is in Diamond Lounge, but I haven't been there yet.

Thanks........since Denzel is supposed to be there till tomorrow,that sounds about right....:)

AD Adventure -(Concierge)Sucel Nickings

AL Allure --(Concierge)-Fernando Ugalde Nadal(till Sept '13) and Rahim Fraoui(till end of 11/13)

(Diamond)"Ana" Anayansy Jimenez till 07/21/13(Dexter Fraser)

BR Brilliance -(Concierge)Betsy Medrano till August 2013 (Sascha)

(Diamond)Anis Tebbeb(as of 05/15/13)

EN Enchantment -(Concierge)Reyno Varkevisser (Rahul Barua as of 09/02/13)

(Diamond) Iryna Tsybulnykova as of 05/20/13

EX Explorer- (Concierge)Denzil Fernandes as of 07/02/13

FR Freedom (Concierge)-Willie Salaya as of end of April 2013

(Diamond)- Bertrand Almeida as of 06/09/13

GR Grandeur-(Concierge)-Ruth Romo as of 05/03/13

(Diamond)Francis Calimag as of 05/03/13

ID Independence (Concierge)Raj Bhugwath till 09/01/13(Ryno Strapp)

(Diamond) -Columella Arandia (Nizar Laatiri 07/13/13 till 01/14)

JW Jewel -(Concierge)Diego Tripaldi as of 06/28/13

LG Legend -(Concierge)Luca Iorio as of 06/15/13

(Diamond)-Andrew Finegold(on vacation 07/13/13 till Sept '13)

LB Liberty- (Concierge)-Carlos Ortiz as of 07/01/13

(Diamond)-Oana Popa as of 07/01/13

MJ Majesty - none

MA Mariner -(Concierge) &(Diamond)-Miao Miao Han

NV Navigator – (Concierge)Ricardo Mock as of 03/30/13

OA Oasis (Concierge) Charmaine Fernandes and Israel Sanchez(Israel on vacation 09/04/13-10/26/13)

Allan Fajardo(on vacation 06/22/13-09/04/13)

(Diamond)Carolina Cullbera(on vacation 10/26/13-12/14/13) (Charmaine Fernandes in DL as of 10/26/13)

RD Radiance -(Concierge)Juan Diego Miranda-Allen (JD on vacation 08/02/13 till mid Sept '13)

(Diamond)Gazetty James(till Sept '13)

RH Rhapsody -(Concierge)Pretty Shamu as of 06/28/13(Amit Chattopadhyay)

(Diamond) Karen Hernandez as of 06/28/13

SR Serenade - (Concierge)Francois Roux (on vacation 07/18/13 till 09/28/13

(Diamond) Nadja Djurdjevic

SP Splendour–(Concierge) Telma Santos

(Diamond) Gustavo Butcher(till 10/01/13)

VI Vision - none till 10/23/13 (Betsy Medrano)

VY Voyager -(Concierge)Yangyang Qi-till July '13(Jayeon Hong)

To email the concierge,use the 2 letter code for ship(i.e EX for Explorer),followed by an underscore then Concierge@rccl.com

The underscore is ONLY between the ships two letters and Concierge.

i.e

EX_Concierge@rccl.com

**For the Rhapsody RH_SuitesConcierge@rccl.com

**For the Grandeur GR_SuitesConcierge@rccl.com

**On Oasis and Allure you need a 01 or 02 in the email address since there are 2 concierges on each ship

i.e

OA_Concierge01@rccl.com

OA_Concierge02@rccl.com

On ships with Diamond lounge concierge,add the word Diamond in front of Concierge

i.e

FR_DiamondConcierge@rccl.com

Thank you Kathy for keeping up with this! It's quite a challenge!

I was wondering if the Reyno on the Enchantment is the same Reyno who was the Concierge with Julian on the Oasis when the Oasis sailed some years ago?? :confused:

Everyone has a great time with Reyno in Florida on the short party cruises. We just had to have one last (for now) group hug with our fun concierge and friend. This is posted with permission...or maybe on request! ;)

And yes, Reyno's vacation date is still the same.

eje6azab.jpg

I was wondering if the Reyno on the Enchantment is the same Reyno who was the Concierge with Julian on the Oasis when the Oasis sailed some years ago?? :confused:

Yes, he is the one. :)

What a great pic,Gina:D:D............Reyno is so friendly to EVERYONE......I don't think he ever met a stranger..:)

Too bad Im gonna miss him by a week............but I do like Rahul too..

What a great pic,Gina:D:D............Reyno is so friendly to EVERYONE......I don't think he ever met a stranger..:)

Too bad Im gonna miss him by a week............but I do like Rahul too..

Something very funny has happened. I have a Mac with face recognition. Since IDing Reyno in all the pictures I have of him, the Mac keeps pulling up my untagged pictures and asking me if it's Reyno. Is there really that much of a resemblance? Fraternal twins or something? ;)

I should have worn my brown plastic glasses for the picture. Next time! :D

Gina

Something very funny has happened. I have a Mac with face recognition. Since IDing Reyno in all the pictures I have of him, the Mac keeps pulling up my untagged pictures and asking me if it's Reyno. Is there really that much of a resemblance? Fraternal twins or something? ;)

Gina

We give him a hard time when he wears that pair of "glasses".

Edited by beachnative

My friend who "was" platinum with more points than you did NOT convert. There was an uproar over it that I followed on their top CD's blog.

Wow. I recall reading that they were going to grandfather in Platinums, and gave people 8-9 months to book the cruises they would need to get there. I'm reminded whenever I log in that I'm only 160 or so nights from Diamond. I don't see that happening...

Actually, they're giving them until the end of this year to complete 10 cruises, according to John Heald

"Now, any guest that completes 10 sailings by December 31, 2013, will be allowed to earn Platinum status in the new VIFP Club under the old program rules."

Apparently they have a few bugs to work out. Must have hired away a few RCI technicians...

Edited by critterchick

Thanks Helen!!

Gina

Too,too funny!:p:p

Thank you for the info on Reyno! Loved the picture Gina! I will be on the Enchantment 7/29 and 9/16 so it will be lots of fun but Reyno goes on vacation early Sept so I will only see him once...

Edited by torpeedo

Wow. I recall reading that they were going to grandfather in Platinums, and gave people 8-9 months to book the cruises they would need to get there. I'm reminded whenever I log in that I'm only 160 or so nights from Diamond. I don't see that happening...

Actually, they're giving them until the end of this year to complete 10 cruises, according to John Heald

"Now, any guest that completes 10 sailings by December 31, 2013, will be allowed to earn Platinum status in the new VIFP Club under the old program rules."

Apparently they have a few bugs to work out. Must have hired away a few RCI technicians...

They must have buckled to the pressure because my friend who ready had 10 had been demoted. I haven't talked to him about it lately so maybe he was reinstated. Hmmmm. Maybe I should do 6 quickies on Carnival! ;)

OA Oasis (Concierge) [/size][/font]Charmaine Fernandes and Israel Sanchez(Israel on vacation 09/04/13-10/26/13)

Allan Fajardo(on vacation 06/22/13-09/04/13)

(Diamond)Carolina Cullbera(on vacation 10/26/13-12/14/13) (Charmaine Fernandes in DL as of 10/26/13)

Kathy, do Concierges generally switch (or overlap) halfway through a cruise?

I'm on the Oasis cruise, 8/31 -9/7.

Everyone has a great time with Reyno in Florida on the short party cruises. We just had to have one last (for now) group hug with our fun concierge and friend. This is posted with permission...or maybe on request! ;)

And yes, Reyno's vacation date is still the same.

eje6azab.jpg

Gina, what a beautiful picture. He's such a ham!! Were you on recently? How are his poinsettias doing? They were blooming profusely when we were there in March.

Edited by cruisenfever

Kathy, do Concierges generally switch (or overlap) halfway through a cruise?

I'm on the Oasis cruise, 8/31 -9/7.

OOPS.no,they are not swimming off to change.........I left off a 1.......sorry:o

You'll be very lucky to have Israel.....he is super..........

AL Allure --(Concierge)-Fernando Ugalde Nadal(till Sept '13) and Rahim Fraoui(till end of 11/13)

MJ Majesty - none

OA Oasis (Concierge) Charmaine Fernandes and Israel Sanchez(Israel on vacation 09/14/13-10/26/13)

Allan Fajardo(on vacation 06/22/13-09/14/13)

RD Radiance -(Concierge)Juan Diego Miranda-Allen (JD on vacation 08/02/13 till mid Sept '13)

To email the concierge,use the 2 letter code for ship(i.e EX for Explorer),followed by an underscore then Concierge@rccl.com

i.e

EX_Concierge@rccl.com

**On Oasis and Allure you need a 01 or 02 in the email address since there are 2 concierges on each ship

i.e

OA_Concierge01@rccl.com

OA_Concierge02@rccl.com

On ships with Diamond lounge concierge,add the word Diamond in front of Concierge

i.e

Gina, what a beautiful picture. He's such a ham!! Were you on recently? How are his poinsettias doing? They were blooming profusely when we were there in March.

Patti, we spent the weekend on Enchantment. It was a last minute plan. His poinsettias did stand out to us since my husband had a nursery before retiring. I intentionally took a picture of the larger one with the morning food display. They are all green now but VERY healthy and attractive. The man who waters the plants came in and watered the sad looking corn plant and left the poinsettias alone. I think they leave it up to Reyno to care for them and he's doing a great job.

I'm glad you enjoyed seeing Reyno. Yes, he's good at hamming it up and especially fun.

The picture file is apparently too large. I'll email it to my phone and post it from tapatalk. That will work and is easier and faster than editing the photo from here.

Gina

Patti, we spent the weekend on Enchantment. It was a last minute plan. His poinsettias did stand out to us since my husband had a nursery before retiring. I intentionally took a picture of the larger one with the morning food display. They are all green now but VERY healthy and attractive. The man who waters the plants came in and watered the sad looking corn plant and left the poinsettias alone. I think they leave it up to Reyno to care for them and he's doing a great job.

I'm glad you enjoyed seeing Reyno. Yes, he's good at hamming it up and especially fun.

The picture file is apparently too large. I'll email it to my phone and post it from tapatalk. That will work and is easier and faster than editing the photo from here.

Gina

when we were en EN over Christmas, one of the guests took it upon herself to water those plants and rehang the tinsel that kept falling down. there was one poor pot that was the red headed stepchild.. it was CONSTANTLY being moved from table to the buffet shelf to his desk to.... he was at his wit's end what to do with it.

I was certainly disappointed to learn he wasn't coming up to GR after all. I may have to stalk him at some point....If I can talk DH into jumping ship heheheh

when we were en EN over Christmas, one of the guests took it upon herself to water those plants and rehang the tinsel that kept falling down. there was one poor pot that was the red headed stepchild.. it was CONSTANTLY being moved from table to the buffet shelf to his desk to.... he was at his wit's end what to do with it.

I was certainly disappointed to learn he wasn't coming up to GR after all. I may have to stalk him at some point....If I can talk DH into jumping ship heheheh

MJ Majesty - none

OA Oasis (Concierge) Charmaine Fernandes and Israel Sanchez(Israel on vacation 09/14/13-10/26/13)

Allan Fajardo(on vacation 06/22/13-09/14/13)

i.e

EX_Concierge@rccl.com

i.e

OA_Concierge01@rccl.com

OA_Concierge02@rccl.com

i.e

Per Kjonso has retired. WolfCat is away from her computer but wanted folks to know.