Three People in Double Room

Nmhawk

Hi. We just booked a cruise in the AOS. We are 6 people (My mom, dad, brother, husband and kid (4 yrs old). We wanted two triple balcony cabins, but there were none available, so we ended up booking three balcony cabins, however the truth is that my brother is going to have a room for himself, and I'm going to be staying at a room with my husband and kid. Is there going to be a problem with this?. Would RCI let us do that?

Are you dividing up the bodies so your brother is not being charged double for his room??? He will be charged double if he is listed as the only person in that cabin. And yes RC will let you have 3 in your cabin with a minor, it will be crowded.....

Are you dividing up the bodies so your brother is not being charged double for his room??? He will be charged double if he is listed as the only person in that cabin. And yes RC will let you have 3 in your cabin with a minor, it will be crowded.....

The original plan was to book two triple cabins. It is not that we didn't want my brother to pay double for a single cabin, It is just that we couldn't find any triple balcony cabin available (not even suites), so we had to book three separate double cabins. However, I will not let my 4 yrs boy sleep with my 16 yrs old brother in the same cabin by themselves... they will "kill" each other, lol. So I guess, i will have to make bed arrangements for my kid to sleep with us, even if that means bringing a small inflatable bed (not sure how we are going to do it.. but just thinking about it)

Just tell your room steward that your son will be staying in your room. They typically stop by on the first night and check to see if you need anything. You can let him/her know and from what others have written, they will put sheets/pillow on the sofa. I think you could even put the cushions on the floor if your little one moves around a lot at night.

Sheal

Related question - We are considering a trip in the fall with my family (husband, wife, and child) with two of the grandmothers possibly coming along. The grandmothers will each have their own room, so we will probably list our son on one of their rooms and pay the money that we would normally pay for 3rd person fare towards the room cost. Are most stewards okay with my son room hopping between the grandmothers' rooms?

I don't see a problem with him cabin hopping. You could consider splitting the tip for the room attendant based on where he ends up. Will he be sharing the same bed or is each grandmother going with twin beds? One bed would be the easier way on the attendant but maybe not so on the grandmother.;) No sense for the attendant to turn down then make up a bed that no one slept in. It they are sharing then it is a non issue.

Sheal

I don't see a problem with him cabin hopping. You could consider splitting the tip for the room attendant based on where he ends up. Will he be sharing the same bed or is each grandmother going with twin beds? One bed would be the easier way on the attendant but maybe not so on the grandmother.;) No sense for the attendant to turn down then make up a bed that no one slept in. It they are sharing then it is a non issue.

Sheal

Unless you are in a suite, there is no turndown of the bed anymore. They just remove the "bed scarf" at the end of the bed....very little work for the steward.:)

You can not just book a minor as a third in a double cabin. The OP is talking about a 4 yr old, not an infant. They will need to book the child into another cabin since there are no triples available. The child can then sleep in there cabin but you can not just book over the stated capacity of the cabin.

Archived