Everything Jewel Of The Seas Thread

Carly B replaced Clo and was CD on some of the NE/Canada sailings and on the repositioning cruise from Boston. I'm not sure if she is still there but perhaps someone can report whether or not Clo has returned, Carly is still onboard, or another CD is in place.

Crepes have been absent from the Solarium for a few years, unfortunately.:(

Carly was still on board when we left Saturday. She is fabulous as is Becky her assistant.

Okay, I have a few more!

SDC11686.jpg

SDC11687.jpg

SDC11690.jpg

SDC11698.jpg

SDC11778.jpg

SDC11784.jpg

I hope everyone enjoys their cruises and that I too get to sail the Jewel someday.

Thank you sooo much for the beautiful pix of the Jewel.I can see our cabin... starboard deck 7 smack dab in the middle of the hump.

We'll be on her in 25 days! This is our 1st time on a Radiance class ship and so excited.

Easier for me to read. No disrespect intended. Sounds like you had a great cruise. We love the Jewel!

Honestly my review was more on the favorable side, we loved the radiance class ship and sailed the Radiance 4 times last year, the Jewel although a newer ship many things seemed flat wore out, such as our sofa, carpet, and several mismatched pieces of furniture in our SR made us feel like we stayed in storage. Our complimentary robes where so wore out they where raveled on the sleeves and the bottom, we asked for replacements and those where just as bad. My DH tried to be romantic and ordered the romance package for sailaway and it never arrived. GS just , simply said oh sorry we will credit your seapass. As I said maybe it was just us, but we felt like we where sailing with a different company from our previous expiriences.

Here are some pictures of Grand Suite 1600. I took a picture of the tub, to show how high the tub is! Those are twelve inch tiles for a two foot climb into the tub. On another note, the vanity in the bathroom also seems higher than usual, maybe not so kid (or short me) friendly.:) One other thing that I wanted to mention: the balcony sliding door. Many parents ask on these forums about the balcony doors and their little kids, and the answer is very often that while it's important to watch your kids every moment, the doors are very hard to open. That's been my experience, too. Until now. This sliding door could easily be unlocked and opened with a little push with one finger! The ship was rocking one sea day, and the door was sliding back and forth on its own when we were reading on the balcony. We loved this suite, and would book it again happily.

jewel-bathtub.jpg.a444a3eb949e04d5c0a230af1f36b8dd.jpg

jewel-bed.jpg.5dac7b2e9c6e2aa3ebae5ee6e87d7f51.jpg

jewel-suite-from-door.jpg.e919d8a66ad3da7b518b8a786e4d7e84.jpg

jewel-tv.jpg.c4b7c8fd029aa573562b85605c3ede6e.jpg

jewel-carnival-ship.jpg.e2296ca1e3c62ff510f65c7676ea9178.jpg

Hi Scotty,

I will be taking my sister and my nieces on Jan. 2nd. They have never been on a cruise before and I am super excited to see there faces. Do you have any suggestions for Costa Maya? Did they have a night time buffet and deck party? Any info would be great. :)

My son and I did Maya Chan on Thanksgiving Day and loved it! Check the Costa Maya boards for more info on it. They also have a website with pics and info. I would book a cruise with Costa Maya on the itenerary just to get to go back to Maya Chan again!

Carly was still on board when we left Saturday. She is fabulous as is Becky her assistant.

We were on the Jewel over Thanksgiving and Carly B and Becky were great! Loved Becky's British accent and dry sense of humor. And their Quest was the best I've seen so far. Not to mention the rowdiest :D

These cabins are in the center of the ship and show extra large balconies.... # 7054, 7108, 8088, 8102, 9078 and 9092.

If you have stayed in any of these cabins... we would love to see photos and any other info you would like to share.

I know I have asked this before, but I am wondering if they offer lobstertail on the 4 night jewel cruise? We are packing and if we don't have to take formal clothes it would be all the better. Especially for a 4 night cruise.

Pics from cabin 7094 midship with stretched balcony. Awesome balcony one of the few that have COMPLETE privacy. Alot of balconies are open to prying eyes. I love this cabin and the aft cabins as well. True private balconies. The hump over the lifeboats is a killer for me though so I always look first for aft balcony cabins.

2806474040053547142S500x500Q85.jpg

2428930490053547142S500x500Q85.jpg

2759241870053547142S500x500Q85.jpg

Honestly my review was more on the favorable side, we loved the radiance class ship and sailed the Radiance 4 times last year, the Jewel although a newer ship many things seemed flat wore out, such as our sofa, carpet, and several mismatched pieces of furniture in our SR made us feel like we stayed in storage. Our complimentary robes where so wore out they where raveled on the sleeves and the bottom, we asked for replacements and those where just as bad. My DH tried to be romantic and ordered the romance package for sailaway and it never arrived. GS just , simply said oh sorry we will credit your seapass. As I said maybe it was just us, but we felt like we where sailing with a different company from our previous expiriences.

Obviously we never sailed in the same stateroom that you did, so I don't contest the accuracy of your statements, butn I have to indicate that your descriptions of the condition of the furnishings and the robes are completely the opposite of what we found on either of our last two cruises on Jewel (westbound transatlantic and repositioning from Boston to Tampa. Any and all of those shortcomings can, and should be corrected while the ship is continuing to sail. They certainly are not typical of what can be expected by others who are scheduled to sail on Jewel in the coming months.

Like me! :D

Hi Bill! Say hey to Rita for me!

Cathy

Hi Cathy, when I saw that you had posted, I wanted to get on this thread to say hi, but I see you beat me to it.:D Enjoy your cruise on Jewel. As you may already know, she is without a doubt, our favorite ship.

Hi Cathy, when I saw that you had posted, I wanted to get on this thread to say hi, but I see you beat me to it.:D Enjoy your cruise on Jewel. As you may already know, she is without a doubt, our favorite ship.

I've figured that out! Can't wait to cruise on my first radiance class ship! This is another girls cruise w/my aunt and cousins.

Merry Christmas!

Cathy

I've figured that out! Can't wait to cruise on my first radiance class ship! This is another girls cruise w/my aunt and cousins.

Merry Christmas!

Cathy

Same to you. I think you'll really love the ship. Say hi to Nedere (the concierge) from us. She is fabulous as is the rest of the staff.

Obviously we never sailed in the same stateroom that you did, so I don't contest the accuracy of your statements, butn I have to indicate that your descriptions of the condition of the furnishings and the robes are completely the opposite of what we found on either of our last two cruises on Jewel (westbound transatlantic and repositioning from Boston to Tampa. Any and all of those shortcomings can, and should be corrected while the ship is continuing to sail. They certainly are not typical of what can be expected by others who are scheduled to sail on Jewel in the coming months.

Having just been on the Jewel, I can agree with what you say. It must be that the problems identified have been corrected. It is kinda like painting a bridge. They do a great job of keeping her looking beautiful.

n617355351_6167650_4382654.jpg

This is the solarium area? I forget is that roof retractable? If so, do they while in the Caribbean?

Yep, this is the solarium. It's gorgeous! Retractable roof and when we were in the Western Caribbean in Nov, they did have the roof back on the really nice days. It was wonderful! It was also a great place to go the morning it rained, but, unfortunately, everyone else had the same idea. :)

Same to you. I think you'll really love the ship. Say hi to Nedere (the concierge) from us. She is fabulous as is the rest of the staff.

Don't I need to be at a certain level to get "concierge" privileges? But if I do happen to run into her, I'll certainly say "hey" from you and Rita!

Cathy

n617355351_6167650_4382654.jpg

This is the solarium area? I forget is that roof retractable? If so, do they while in the Caribbean?

This particular solarium is one of my all time favorite places on any ship. I just had a very relaxing afternoon floating in the pool there. I believe the roof is retractable, but I've never seen them open the roof on a solarium on any Radiance or Vision class cruise that I have been on.

Don't I need to be at a certain level to get "concierge" privileges? But if I do happen to run into her, I'll certainly say "hey" from you and Rita!

Cathy

You need to be at least D+ or Pinnacle or in a suite, but I thought from your list of previous cruises, including the Liberty pre-inaug that you might already have reached that level. Shows what happens when I assume something.:D

Archived