Everything Jewel Of The Seas Thread

You need to be at least D+ or Pinnacle or in a suite, but I thought from your list of previous cruises, including the Liberty pre-inaug that you might already have reached that level. Shows what happens when I assume something.:D

That's okay. I'll get there someday.

Cathy

Thanks for all the pictures and info everyone! You're definitely getting me excited for our upcoming cruise. On Jewel, do they have made to order salads in the dining room for lunch on sea days? I've only sailed on Navigator so I didn't know if that was specific to Navigator or available on every ship.

I've peeked into it on turnaround day. Is there anything in particular you'd like to know? I may have some pics of Serenade's RS - she's Jewel's twin sister so it will be virtually identical.

Jewel is our favorite ship. The decor is gorgeous and the crew is wonderful. We loved the food on our October cruise - had no trouble getting a table when we wanted it for MTD. Seaview Cafe is a nice place to go for comfort food.

I have been in the Royal Suite twice VISITING people not staying so can see if I can help with a question.

Yes Lattitudes has snacks in the case just ask for them you don't have to buy anything....if you want a cookie just say "want a cookie"! Nice when you are on a lower deck than the Windjammer area to pick up a snack.

If you haven't been on the Jewel, the Schooner bar has some great windows to sit and look at the world go by.

Lou

Can either of you please confirm if there is a second bathroom with a shower off the entry hall of the Royal Suite like on Freedom class. Also are both TV's in the LR and BR flat panel...is the outdoor furniture the newer wicker look or do they have teak...what is the overall condition of the cabin...is it looking dated or fresh....THANKS:)

Thanks for all the pictures and info everyone! You're definitely getting me excited for our upcoming cruise. On Jewel, do they have made to order salads in the dining room for lunch on sea days? I've only sailed on Navigator so I didn't know if that was specific to Navigator or available on every ship.

The salad bar in the MDR on the Jewel is one of the main reason that my wife loves to have lunch there on sea days. The variety of salad items available is stupendous.:)

we did 12 nights on Jewel back in August out of Harwich, UK. we went up round Scandinavia and Russia.

Beautiful ship and fantastic staff.

This is the link to hubbys youtube channel. There is a lot of footage of our trip, mainly round the ports but some of areas around the ship.

http://www.youtube.com/user/smithysrat?feature=watch

There is also fotage of the ship leaving Harwich which we filmed in May (we live local to Harwich so often pop down to watch ships going in and out).

What channels come in?

Fox by any chance???

Fox News seems to be a constant on the Jewel regardless of the itinerary. Sometimes CNN International and ESPN Deportes are also available. When we were on the Jewel TA, however, the ESPN programming was all taped and they were showing sports events and sports talk programs which had taken place a few weeks earlier. There were some passengers who didn't realize that the gams that were being shown had been played days or weeks earlier. I guess someone could have made a killing if they had bet those guests on the outcome of the games being shown.:D

Fox News seems to be a constant on the Jewel regardless of the itinerary. Sometimes CNN International and ESPN Deportes are also available. When we were on the Jewel TA, however, the ESPN programming was all taped and they were showing sports events and sports talk programs which had taken place a few weeks earlier. There were some passengers who didn't realize that the gams that were being shown had been played days or weeks earlier. I guess someone could have made a killing if they had bet those guests on the outcome of the games being shown.:D

I was actually referring to just Fox... Terra Nova to be specific, but I guess not... didn't think so, but thought I'd ask.

I was actually referring to just Fox... Terra Nova to be specific, but I guess not... didn't think so, but thought I'd ask.

I doubt that you will see Fox network programs or those of the other major networks on your cruise ship. :)

I may have some pics of Serenade's RS - she's Jewel's twin sister so it will be virtually identical.

If you have a few pics that would be wonderful. The 360 view on the web-site just doesn't do it justice compared to real pictures.

Thank-you,

Andrew

Congratulations. Great move and well worth the slight increase in price.

:)

I know Bill! I'm so excited. :D The other 3 in our group are waiting patiently. They are still in a Cat G waiting for an AL or DC residency drop.

Cathy

Quick question:

Who is the captain on the Jewel and what is s/he like?

The current Captain is Captain James MacDonald, a native of New Brunswick, Canada, and now resides with his family in Florida when he isn't at sea. He is very personable and capable and a great communicator and we have sailed with him when the seas were less than friendly and he has always kept us safe and as far away as possible from the worst of any storms in our vicinity. He rotates as Ship's Master with Captain Stig Nilsen, who did an awesome job sailing through a Northeaster at the start of the Jewel's repositioning this year. Captain James just started his latest rotation so he should be on board for the next 10 weeks or so.:)

How is the Jewel docked in Tampa? What will we see from our port side deck 8 balcony prior to sailing?

Thanks!

Cathy

Like posted above it seems that Jewel just like Radiance last year back in with the starboard side facing the dock....starboard will have the better view...it looks out at the Aquarium, Channelside and dowtown Tampa....Port side has a rather industrial view of marine repair facilities and storage tanks.

Like posted above it seems that Jewel just like Radiance last year back in with the starboard side facing the dock....starboard will have the better view...it looks out at the Aquarium, Channelside and dowtown Tampa....Port side has a rather industrial view of marine repair facilities and storage tanks.

Thanks. We're port side.

Cathy

Can someone please explain the rave of the Seaview Cafe? Is the food so much better than in the WJ, or is it that they offer different variety? I'm definitely looking forward to experiencing it, as I keep reading how great it is!

Seaview has a limited menu but it's a nice change from the WJ. We ate there once and had the fish/chips and the hubbs had the cuban sandwich. both were good. Ohhhh and hubbs had the peanut pie which he said was gooood! :o

Here are some pictures of Grand Suite 1600. I took a picture of the tub, to show how high the tub is! Those are twelve inch tiles for a two foot climb into the tub. On another note, the vanity in the bathroom also seems higher than usual, maybe not so kid (or short me) friendly.:) One other thing that I wanted to mention: the balcony sliding door. Many parents ask on these forums about the balcony doors and their little kids, and the answer is very often that while it's important to watch your kids every moment, the doors are very hard to open. That's been my experience, too. Until now. This sliding door could easily be unlocked and opened with a little push with one finger! The ship was rocking one sea day, and the door was sliding back and forth on its own when we were reading on the balcony. We loved this suite, and would book it again happily.
Thanks a bunch.

Archived