Flash special fare then an upsell

DaveOKC

I sure got lucky on my upcoming 7 day cruise. Was able to book an SZ for $999 during one of HAL's "specials" then today got an upsell offer for $249 to bump upto an SA suite. Obviously I took it in a heartbeat.

Sometimes you just get lucky........

DaveOKC

Congratulations.

I actually was pricing a week on Eurodam in February and the web site was showing about $4,300. When I read these upsells/upgrades it does not prompt me to hurry up and book another 'SA". :D

I think I'll wait and see if the prices drop and book last minute if there are any left for whatever other booking we may make this winter.

HAL has to hate we can read this. In days past, before CC and internet, they could pull all of these upsell/pricing deals and few knew about it.

Now everyone knows and we read about it here.

While I got a great deal (IMO), I think this was quite an unusual deal, so please do not expect this to happen very often. First, it is a Mexico cruise (we are all aware of the crime concerns currently), it is in January (slow month), I booked this AFTER the final payment date, it was a non-cancellable fare, it was a guarantee deal, plus I got the offer at the last minute.

On my last several several cruises I have booked a deluxe suite and was happy with the pricing. Plus that way I could pick my cabin in the location I wanted.

DaveOKC

You got a smokin' deal. I'm paying more than that for a VH guarantee on my Feb. cruise. I had originally booked a Princess cruise for the 3rd week in Feb. When they changed the ports I cancelled because it sucked. After that I purchased a caribbean cruise and the air was a good price so I bought it. Now Princess has changed the ports to be acceptable to me and the prices are smokin'. I wished I would have stayed with it because I do love Mexico.

I hope you enjoy your cruise.

While I got a great deal (IMO), I think this was quite an unusual deal, so please do not expect this to happen very often. First, it is a Mexico cruise (we are all aware of the crime concerns currently), it is in January (slow month), I booked this AFTER the final payment date, it was a non-cancellable fare, it was a guarantee deal, plus I got the offer at the last minute.

On my last several several cruises I have booked a deluxe suite and was happy with the pricing. Plus that way I could pick my cabin in the location I wanted.

DaveOKC

Good points, Dave.

We've read of these great deals from time to time and I'm truly happy for you to have snagged it. Hope you have a great cruise. :)

I sure got lucky on my upcoming 7 day cruise. Was able to book an SZ for $999 during one of HAL's "specials" then today got an upsell offer for $249 to bump upto an SA suite. Obviously I took it in a heartbeat.

Sometimes you just get lucky........

DaveOKC

Excellent! Congrats! :D

Archived