white hot party

nikimouse

Last February,on the Pearl the White Hot was inside the Spinnaker lounge. It was amazing. They had everyone enter on the portside, and we were met with White Angels for photo ops. The inside was decorated white with silvery tinkling lights. We drank light up martinis and danced all night. I love the White Hot Party, its my favorite night of the cruise.

is it only held outside on deck on the sky? just wondering if its gonna be inside on the pearl or if they ever have it on deck? is the pearl just as much fun as the sky?

thanks for your responces, and happy christmas! :)

Every ship which I've been on, had the WHP indoors. Usually it was held in the Spinakker Lounge.......Fun for all ages.

we were just on the SUN for 2 weeks B2B and on the 3 Dec sailing for the E Caribbean it was on the Pool Deck and the for 10 Dec sailing for the W Caribbean it was in Dazzles.

both were a GOOD time, only it started to rain on the SUN when the WHP was winding down.

i like inside better tho:)

Sailing on the Jade in March and reckon we will be somewhere inside. First cruise with NCL so can someone please tell me, do you have to dress completely in white? Thanks[/quote

You do not have to be dressed completely in white but a lot of people will be. At the very least, you could do a T-shirt or just pants. Some will not dress up at all or just a little bit. Also, NCL sells WHP T-shirts that the crew wears for $15.

Richie2pies- maybe with your attitude you need alcohol to make the night more fun- but alcohol is optional. Never had a server act rude towards me for not drinking. With that said, I do drink but not constantly so often when they come around- I do not need anything. Possibly you didnt mean to come across like an a**, but alcohol was not part of the persons question at all. Back to topic- I saw where someone wrote the WHP on the Epic was inside. We sailed it last year and it was outside at H20. I sort of did like it better inside on the Pearl just because they could decorate more. Either way- it can be a good time for all.

OP: The only two ships I've been on which have had the White Hot Party (WHP) outside have been the Norwegian EPIC and the Norwegian SKY. Even in the middle of winter, the Sky's was outside and it was quite chilly out there. Other ships it's hit or miss and is dependent on a few factors:

1. The weather. (Not just rain, but humidity makes the deck surface slippery for the dancers so if it's very high, they will not have it outdoors or if they do the dance number will be skipped.)

2. Discretion of the Cruise Director / Hotel Director. (To set up a party outside is a bit of work since there is not usually anything on the pool deck at that time. It requires a lot more work to be done for setup whereas the bar is already on top of the dance floor at most Spinnakers / Bliss).

3. To a lesser extent the DJ has an impact on it. The Celebrity DJ's prefer an outside venue I've noticed more so then the interior.

Overall I have to say I prefer the WHP be held INDOORS unless there is an adequate sound and light system. The investment in the EPIC's Spice H2O sound system was very good. The lighting system would be incredible too if they would have someone work the lights. On most of the other NCL ships the light system at the pool deck is there to light it up only and not do anything functional. To put in weather proofed intelligent lighting for one party doesn't make any sense. The experience is much better indoors, plus it allows for more decorating for the actual event as well.

thankyou for the answers everyone! so it sounds like it will be indoors, and will probably be better than outside if the sound and lights are better inside spinnaker and bliss.

Im really looking foward to it! is there any way to find out if a guest DJ is onboard for spring break march 4th?

thanks again I hope everyone had a wonderful christmas

I just got a gorgeous white lace dress im gonna wear and white diamante sandals :-)

We had experienced the White Hot Party on deck several times in the past and were disappointed that it was held in the Spinnaker Lounge on the Dawn last week....Just not the same ambiance as on the deck with the angels, dancers around pool, etc....Plus it is hot in the Spinnaker and the dance floor is pretty small.

Hoping to have it on deck on our next cruise!

We did have a good time, but just not as great as when we danced on the deck!

Barbara

We really enjoyed the WHP on the Jade. Our group of 4 planned ahead and dressed in matching "disco sailor" uniforms we found at an online costume shop. It was a huge hit with CD Gary and the staff. We made the highlight film of the party several times and just had a blast.

We really enjoyed the WHP on the Jade. Our group of 4 planned ahead and dressed in matching "disco sailor" uniforms we found at an online costume shop. It was a huge hit with CD Gary and the staff. We made the highlight film of the party several times and just had a blast.

Love it!

sounds fun! :D

Archived