Looks Official...Porterhouse Steak Gone!

Kreeb

WOW UNREAL.....the cheapening of their specialty dinning.

Welcome to Cayhills DOWNHILL's........

How long will he be around. I should start a thread " What do we need Carnival to bring back when Cayhill has to step down"

Thanks Jerry.....you just saved me $400 dollars per cruise!!

Seems like a pretty good steak which I will try later this month.

I heard they actually have in on Hawaii cruises? Maybe just a rumor. But they do love their spam on the islands....

and in the South. Fried Spam on toasted sesame rolls with lots of Hellman's or Duke's mayonnaise, Grey Poupon, melted cheddar cheese and lots of Texas Pete hot sauce. Right up there with fried-baloney sammitches. Lettuce, tomatoes and sliced onions optional. :)

Nothing is official until we get the Rental's take on it. Well-done' date=' of course. :D[/quote']As far as I am concerned, anyone who orders a 24 oz porterhouse well done does not deserve to eat steak. He might as well order a hamburger.

However, I will not be telling the Rental that the porterhouse is no longer available, as I still want to go to the steakhouse to get my ribeye.

As far as I am concerned, anyone who orders a 24 oz porterhouse well done does not deserve to eat steak. He might as well order a hamburger.

However, I will not be telling the Rental that the porterhouse is no longer available, as I still want to go to the steakhouse to get my ribeye.

I haven't heard any talk about going to the Captain's Table on the Miracle next month. Have you recovered from the Splendor yet? :) No one on the Magic trip last month was interested.

Fixed it for ya.

Thanks, Duckie. The food and presentation were so good, though, that I felt like the Captain. :)

I seem to recall the person sitting next to me at that Chef's Table stating that it was the most enjoyable experience that he had ever had on a ship that didn't involve being in bed with his wife. :D

I always thought the 24oz Porterhouse was ridiculous anyway. I know I couldn't finish it. Its a two person steak, but since they charge everyone the $30....why share?

Anyway, I would never order it if Ribeye is on the menu anyways..and the tenderloin portion is only useful in making Carpaccio.

Anyway, I would never order it if Ribeye is on the menu anyways..and the tenderloin portion is only useful in making Carpaccio.

The Beef Carpaccio was one of my early favorites in the Supper Clubs. The portions used to be larger (imagine that), and the presentation slightly different - it used to be served with some type of fruit chutney, though that was absent the last couple of times I ordered it. The very first time I ordered it the server asked if I would like olive oil and balsamic vinegar (instead of the usual pepper - which they offer for virtually everything). It really set it a tier higher with that added flavoring. Perhaps it was just that Supper Club, or server - but it has not been offered since, though I most definitely request it!

On one sailing, the chef came out on the second or third evening just to see how everything was (we were dining in there each night), and I mentioned how much I enjoyed the Beef Carpaccio. He asked if I would like an entree portion the next evening -- and I did not hesitate. Talk about a MEAT FEAST the next night!! :D I will add here that I did not opt for the Beef Carpaccio starter that evening! ;)

Tom

The Beef Carpaccio was one of my early favorites in the Supper Clubs. The portions used to be larger (imagine that), and the presentation slightly different - it used to be served with some type of fruit chutney, though that was absent the last couple of times I ordered it. The very first time I ordered it the server asked if I would like olive oil and balsamic vinegar (instead of the usual pepper - which they offer for virtually everything). It really set it a tier higher with that added flavoring. Perhaps it was just that Supper Club, or server - but it has not been offered since, though I most definitely request it!

On one sailing, the chef came out on the second or third evening just to see how everything was (we were dining in there each night), and I mentioned how much I enjoyed the Beef Carpaccio. He asked if I would like an entree portion the next evening -- and I did not hesitate. Talk about a MEAT FEAST the next night!! :D I will add here that I did not opt for the Beef Carpaccio starter that evening! ;)

Tom

Tried it on our first visit to steakhouse and thought it was ok.

Next time will ask if I can get it medium.icon7.gif

I think we would need it cooked about 2 tads more.

Interestingly enough - Cheryl orders her steaks somewhere between Medium and M-Well, as she can only tolerate an "essence" of pink. That said, she has enjoyed (multiple tastes of my) Beef Carpaccio and Steak Tartare on several occasions.

Interesting! ;)

Tom

After hearing rumors, checked Carnival's site and called up Steakhouse Menu...the Porterhouse is no longer on it. Apparently another one of CutMan Cahill's smooth moves. They just sneaked this one in with no mention on FB or the Grand Poobah's Blog.

No problem here. I couldn't eat that steak in two meals.

Here's a suggestion: when you decide that the steakhouse isn't worth that $30 that you pay for it, then let's talk. If you can duplicate any of the 4- or 5-course steakhouse meals (appy and/or soup + salad + entree + dessert) for $30 at the same quality level in a landside restaurant, I'll eat my hat, your hat, and Host Mach's hat.

No, your own kitchen doesn't count. ;)

Bon appetit!

No problem here. I couldn't eat that steak in two meals.

Here's a suggestion: when you decide that the steakhouse isn't worth that $30 that you pay for it, then let's talk. If you can duplicate any of the 4- or 5-course steakhouse meals (appy and/or soup + salad + entree + dessert) for $30 at the same quality level in a landside restaurant, I'll eat my hat, your hat, and Host Mach's hat.

No, your own kitchen doesn't count. ;)

Bon appetit!

How in the world are you going to eat THREE entire hats, but can't tackle the 24oz. slab-o-beef? :p

(but that's OK - as you won't have to :) )

Tom

and in the South. Fried Spam on toasted sesame rolls with lots of Hellman's or Duke's mayonnaise' date=' Grey Poupon, melted cheddar cheese and lots of Texas Pete hot sauce. Right up there with fried-baloney sammitches. Lettuce, tomatoes and sliced onions optional. :)[/quote']

Hmmm.....I lived in the South for 29 years, was never offered a fried Spam sandwich, never knew anyone who ate fried Spam sandwiches....

...but fried baloney sandwiches are food of the gods as long as you've got some Velveeta....

How in the world are you going to eat THREE entire hats, but can't tackle the 24oz. slab-o-beef? :p

(but that's OK - as you won't have to :) )

Tom

Hi Tom, truthfully I don't think you could even produce the entire meal for 30.00 in your own kitchen. The 24 oz Porterhouse aged beef is pricey, even in the heartland!!

Carole

Archived