Pinnacle last night - payment problem?

DaveOKC

We normally dine at the Pinnacle Grill the final night of our cruise and get our bill added to our account promptly. We just made 3 Star, so we should get a 25% discount.

I have read on this board that 3 and 4 Star cruisers have had problems getting the proper amount (discount) posted and they had to deal with it at the front desk.

My question - will this be a problem for us and how do I fix it since we are leaving first thing the next morning and I am sure the front desk will be a mess.

Advice?

DaveOKC

We have never had any problem getting our Four Star Mariner Discount for our Pinnacle dinners. It is always automatically reflected on our on board bill. In the event you find you discount is not applied, you can always contact customer service in Seattle HAL office and have the correction made. Hopefully that will not be necessary.

We normally dine at the Pinnacle Grill the final night of our cruise and get our bill added to our account promptly. We just made 3 Star, so we should get a 25% discount.

I have read on this board that 3 and 4 Star cruisers have had problems getting the proper amount (discount) posted and they had to deal with it at the front desk.

My question - will this be a problem for us and how do I fix it since we are leaving first thing the next morning and I am sure the front desk will be a mess.

Advice?

DaveOKC

the problem is if you book on line - then you pay full price and have to ask for an obc. I've never really had a problem, but it's kind of a pain. If HAL knows I am a 4* mariner when I sign it, why can't they reflect it on my bookings????:confused: You just have to remember = but if you are booking on board you will be fine.

Head over to the front desk the evening before disembarkation. Ask for a preliminary copy of your on board account. If the discount is missing, have them adjust it. Even easier, call the front desk, ask them to send a copy to your cabin.

We always have problems getting our 50% discount with reservations that we have made online.

Just on our last cruise we went to Le Cirque 4 days before the end of the cruise. The last full day of the cruise I had asked for a preliminary bill and sure enough - the discount had not shown up (3 days before the end of the cruise). Went to our concierge (again) and he said that he would take care of it. We had also reminded the Pinnavle manager that we had prepaid for this dinner.

When we got our final bill on the last day -- we had to go and once again request that 50% discount.

I always take a copy of the e-mail confirmations as proff that we had prebooked the dinners.

My friends and I have gone to the Pinnacle for dinner on the last night for the last I don't know how many cruises now. Lots of 'em.

I have never had a problem getting the discount applied to the bill.

Agreed. In my experience, it is prepayment, either online or via phone, BEFORE the cruise that is the problem. If you prepay, sometimes getting the Mariner discount (or discount for a child) is like pulling teeth. On my last cruise, they didn't even have any record that I had prepaid and, as noted above, you need to have print-outs of your confirmations. So, at this point, I am inclined to stop prepaying for the Pinnacle, and just make sure I get the reservation handled my first opportunity on the ship.

My friends and I have gone to the Pinnacle for dinner on the last night for the last I don't know how many cruises now. Lots of 'em.

I have never had a problem getting the discount applied to the bill.

I agree.

We have enjoyed many last night dinners in Pinnacle that we pre-booked on line and others booked while aboard the ship, with friends and other times on our own and we have never had any problem getting the Four Star Mariner discount reflected on our bill.

We never have had to ask. It has always been automatically applied.

I always pre-book some Tamarind (if applicable) and Pinnacle reservations, am charged the full price and have never not been credited the Four Star Discount when we actually dine. I know in advance there are certain nights we want to dine in Pinnacle and they are booked before we arrive at the ship.

Very often we make more reservations while we are aboard and for those bookings, we are charged the discounted rate.

We pre-booked the Pinnacle on line and did not get the discount. I have had two replies from Hal, but never did we received the discount. They kept saying someone would contact us and they did not. I will not pre-book on line, we will wait till to board the ship to book it. I accept the blame, I should have followed up on it when we were on board the ship. Lesson learned. We have not had any other problem when we have booked on line tours or indulgences, always were in the cabin when we arrived.

If it had not been for the one year when we thought we would just wait until we got on the ship and book the Pinnacle for the second week only to discover that it was completely booked -- we would wait till we got on the ship.

So until HAL gets their act together and gives us the discount when we book online - I will just take my copies with me and continue to fight to get our discount.

Head over to the front desk the evening before disembarkation. Ask for a preliminary copy of your on board account. If the discount is missing, have them adjust it. Even easier, call the front desk, ask them to send a copy to your cabin.

I always go to the Front Desk shortly after lunch the day prior to disembarkation, ask for a print out of my onboard account, review it carefully, then pay off my account! I have never received a print out of my account delivered to the mail slot of my stateroon the morning of disembarkation!

I always go to the Front Desk shortly after lunch the day prior to disembarkation, ask for a print out of my onboard account, review it carefully, then pay off my account! I have never received a print out of my account delivered to the mail slot of my stateroon the morning of disembarkation!

Probably the reason you don't get a print out of your statement on disembarkation morning is because you have paid off your bill and then didn't charge anything more.

We always review our bill the next to last day of our cruises. There have been remarkably few things we ever had to inquire about through all our cruises. I'm having a hard time now remembering any time we needed to have a charge corrected or removed.

We must be extraordinarily lucky and I'm happy for it, if so.

On our last NA cruise in October, we prebooked our Pinnacle and Tamarind dinners. On board ship, I checked and had them correct our charges for 3 star Mariner status. No problem, fixed within 24 hours. I'd rather book in advance and insure that I get the nights I want than wait to do it onboard.

We thought the discount would happen automatically and we would receive the discount on our account. It was not until we got the bill that we saw we didn't. With the having to get off the ship as soon as possible we thought we could get it fixed when we got home and it turned not to be the case. We have not booked another Pinnacle evening since, but it is mostly because we feel we would not do the meal justice, there is jst too much food and we didn't want to leave any. The meal we had was great.

Archived