8-Day Christmas Cruise on Adventure of the Seas, Southern Caribbean (lots of pics!)

We got up that morning and headed to Old San Juan to finish shopping! We walked to the Condado, then decided to wait at the bus stop. Well, we waited and waited and waited.... there was quite a crowd there. Then, a taxi came by and said "$1 each to Old San Juan" - we were the FIRST people in that cab!!! :D

395204_10151215927270013_569450012_22414165_1430144180_n.jpg

405831_10151215927400013_569450012_22414166_1301723690_n.jpg

We went to Dooney & Bourke and bought our bags. Dad decided that he needed a wallet, so I sent him next door to the Coach Store where I had seen men's wallets the day before. Well, Dad came back 10 minutes later with his wallet - too cute! :)

We checked out the Crocs store because Rachel has a pair of crocs from Walt Disney World that she LOVES because they are adorable (don't look like Crocs at all - more like Tom's shoes), but she hasn't found the style anywhere else. Well, they weren't at the Croc's store, either. They do have a good selection of men's shoes that don't look like Croc's - boat shoes and such that are actually quite stylish, but Croc's. Dad found a pair he liked the day before, but one of the store workers had decided to snatch that pair for himself because it was the last in that size. We did a little bit of shopping at Tommy Hilfiger and Ralph Lauren.

Then we were hungry... so we sat down for a snack, but the menu was too good that we decided to just go ahead and eat lunch.

430510_10151215927500013_569450012_22414168_86886603_n.jpg

Whew! I'm finally caught up!! We were out of town last weekend, so I haven't had a chance to catch up here on my subscriptions.

We did a b2b on Allure last year and are doing a b2b on Oasis in March. I sure wish we'd known about RCI putting consecutive cruisers up between ships! Anyway...Allure only felt crowded during the times that any other ship feels crowded. And even with two weeks, we still missed doing some things (never rode the carousel--definitely riding it on Oasis). The good news staying on the ship for two weeks, we didn't have to run around trying to get to all the shows in one week. We've got them all spaced out between the two weeks. This way if there's something we want to see again from week one, we can plan to get in the stand-by line.

I think everyone who loves cruising needs to try one of those ships. It's an amazing experience.

Still enjoying your review. Hope you'll do one for your next cruise, too.

Thank You so much for your review!! We are planning to book the Adventure next Jan and your review has convinced my husband to let me get the balcony!!! Also your review got my husband to finally pay attention to something I looked at on CC! Looks like you have a great family and had a great time!

Once again, a top-notch read! Thanks for taking the time to share all the fabulous details. BTW... did you get 'better deals' at the Dooney & Burke and Coach store in Old San Juan then you do at home? :D

Yes, we did! The D&B store was having a 50% off sale, and the Coach store was handing out 30% off coupons at the door which could be applied to other sales in the store (up to 70% off total).

Awesome Review! Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us. I noticed you mentioned that you had done reviews of Disney as well. Do you have a link to that? We are big Disney fans as well. On a side note, my brother-in-law is a Clemson graduate and a huge Tiger fan. Thanks again for the picture review.

Awesome Review! Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us. I noticed you mentioned that you had done reviews of Disney as well. Do you have a link to that? We are big Disney fans as well. On a side note, my brother-in-law is a Clemson graduate and a huge Tiger fan. Thanks again for the picture review.

Alright, I re-read through the Community Guidelines, and I believe it's okay to post these here.

2011 Grand Floridian Independence Day

2010 Polynesian Graduation Celebration

2010 AllStar Music with HS Marching Band

2010 Wilderness Lodge New Year's

2009 Bay Lake Tower Labor Day

2008 Grand Floridian Independence Day

2008 AllStar Movies with HS Marching Band

And those are just the most recent trips that I have TRs for - too bad Walt Disney World doesn't have a loyalty program! :D

Edited by LittleMissMagic