In wrong room with wrong people

bbgran190

We booked two rooms for an upcoming cruise. Unfortunately our travel agent booked my DH with my father-in-law and me with my mother-in-law. In order to change the room arrangements, we must forfeit one of our future cruise credits or wait until we are on board and go to the Purser's desk. Although the four of us get along very well, different living arrangements would be greatly appreciated. We would like to correct this problem early and not lose one of our future cruise credits. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Can this be corrected at check-in prior to boarding the ship?

If you are trying to get the FCC credits for your in-laws (who don't qualify), your TA was correct to book the trip like this, otherwise they would not get the benefits of the FCC's. (By booking it this way, your in-laws also get the reduced deposit as well as the OBC's.)

You can either just swap rooms once onboard, or correct it now, and YES, lose the FCC benefits for your in-laws.

Only you can decide if it's worth the little bit of extra trouble to get your in-laws the FCC benefits. There is no other way to do it if they do not qualify on their own.

You don't swap rooms before boarding the ship. Once onboard, take care of it at the Purser's Desk. It's easy.

We booked two rooms for an upcoming cruise. Unfortunately our travel agent book my DH with my father-in-law and me with my mother-in-law. In order to change the room arrangements, we must forfeit one of our future cruise credits or wait until we are on board and go to the Purser's desk. Although the four of us get along very well, different living arrangements would be greatly appreciated. We would like to correct this problem early and not lose one of our future cruise credits. Has anyone else experienced this program? Can this be corrected at check-in prior to boarding the ship?

Do like we did wait till you are on board and than change the arrangement we did this when our friends came with us on a cruise. we had no problem with this change. Also the credits did not change

Thanks - we now have one less thing to worry about.
I agree with the others. Your TA did this so you would get more onboard credits. Kudos to him/her but they should have explained what they were doing and how to fix it onboard. As the others have said, just go to the Passenger Services desk and they will make the adjustments. Relax and have a great cruise.

If you are trying to get the FCC credits for your in-laws (who don't qualify), your TA was correct to book the trip like this, otherwise they would not get the benefits of the FCC's. (By booking it this way, your in-laws also get the reduced deposit as well as the OBC's.)

Um, that's wrong. For the last year or three, the 2nd passenger in a booking can get the reduced deposit benefit, but unless they have an FCC in their own name, no OBC.

The main benefit of booking that way is so the new cruisers will get "past passenger" rates for the cruise. If one party in a stateroom has cruised before, each passenger in that cabin gets the reduced rate. Also, it's true that each person traveling now needs to have their own FCC....it's not one FCC per cabin like it used to be.

Um, that's wrong. For the last year or three, the 2nd passenger in a booking can get the reduced deposit benefit, but unless they have an FCC in their own name, no OBC.

We were able to get the OBC doing this, but it was back in 2007, so that may have certainly changed. If that is true, than the only additional benefit provided would have been the reduced deposit. If that is the case, NOTHING would be lost (after final payment) by the TA correcting the rooms now.

We were able to get the OBC doing this, but it was back in 2007, so that may have certainly changed. If that is true, than the only additional benefit provided would have been the reduced deposit. If that is the case, NOTHING would be lost (after final payment) by the TA correcting the rooms now.

Princess shanged this a couple of years ago. Now, if only one person in the cabin has an FCC, both get the $100 deposit, but only the person with the FCC gets the OBC

Remember this cross-over works well for two Elite/two non Elite passengers too. Both cabins get a bar set up, free laundry and any and all the little perks that go with Elite. Once aboard, the pursers desk will change the keys for you. A nice gift for the non Elites for sure.

The main benefit of booking that way is so the new cruisers will get "past passenger" rates for the cruise. If one party in a stateroom has cruised before, each passenger in that cabin gets the reduced rate. Also, it's true that each person traveling now needs to have their own FCC....it's not one FCC per cabin like it used to be.

Agree, so the best thing is not to worry about the current arrangment and just go to the purser's desk upon boarding and have the arrangments changed. (You cannot do this at check-in, only once on the ship.)

On our cruise out of Seattle this summer, our daughter's family and the inlaws needed to change rooms. The passenger services desk told them to come back for new keys the next day.

Until then, they just changed rooms and used the other person's key.

Princess 800# booked us like this for our upcoming cruise and between the past guest rate, double OBC, and the reduced FCC it's a minor inconvenience that the other couple I'm traveling with and my DH are mixed around. We just fix it once onboard or swap keys for a few hours until completely fixed.

Yes your TA should have explained better, but overall she/he did the right thing by you.

Archived