Elemis Citrus Soap Slice

brainyblonde

Another poster stated that the Elemis Citrus soap slice was no longer supplied. Would recent cruisers please comment? What hand soap is used? Or is the only soap available the liquid body soap dispenser?

I am going on a 26 day cruise to Europe and had planned to use the Elemis citrus slice as usual.

Thanks,

Brainyblonde

Another poster stated that the Elemis Citrus soap slice was no longer supplied. Would recent cruisers please comment? What hand soap is used? Or is the only soap available the liquid body soap dispenser?

I am going on a 26 day cruise to Europe and had planned to use the Elemis citrus slice as usual.

Thanks,

Brainyblonde

As of December, 2011 on the Prinsendam, the Elemis citrus slice (one per cabin for the duration of the cruise) was provided.

The only other soap was in the liquid gel dispenser in the shower.

The only two bar soaps I have every seen on a HAL ship are the round, white bath soap, and the orange glycrine soap. I haven't had the glycerine soap in ages, including on the Prinsendam last June.

I miss it, too. :(

I have always been able to get the white bath soap. Not everyone wants to use that liquid body wash.

Our recent Nieuw Amsterdam cruise, I requested our stewards please leave us one bar of white bath soap and one bar of orange glycrine soap. He left us two bars of white bath soap and I never received the lovely glycerine in two weeks. :(

I suspect it is gone from the ships. Another cut back I do not welcome IF that is the case. Is it asking too much they can supply us with a bar of hand soap to use at the sinks? Another thing we will have to provide for ourselves.

Yes, of course, we can buy and bring it with us. CVS and Walgreens sell a low priced glycerine soap but I am disapointed we should have to do so IF, indeed, HAL cut back on that, too.

What next?

Actually, we get cotton balls and q-tips in the "S" Suites.

And much as I grumble, I'd rather bring my own soap than not sail HAL. :o

I just think it cheezy of them to stop supplying a small bar of hand soap.

I'm sure the bean counters can tell me to the penny how much they are saving by having us supply our own. Where is the 'luxury vacation' when we tote our own SOAP?

Are you saying the only soap available when entering the cabin is the liquid soap in the shower, and you only get the bar if you request it? How many people wouldn't think to ask? And isn't that counter to the message about hand washing (I would not be inclined to lean into the shower to get soap for my hands)?

We sailed on the Eurodam over Christmas and the Citrus Soap slice was standard in our cabin, plus we asked the cabin steward for extra and it was no problem. Yes, the liquid gel body wash is in the shower, together with the Elemis shampoo and conditioner. The Elemis body cream is also available so I am a bit confused as to the mix of comments herein.

Some cruisers have their own preferences and do bring along their choice, although it is only 'their choice'.

We were on board the Volendam in December, the Elemis white 50 gram Pure Zest cleansing soap also the yellow citrus soap 40 gram were supplied in the cabin bathroom. When I asked for more of the citrus soap it was supplied as needed.

Back in 2010, when were on board the Volendam, when I asked our cabin steward, was told that there was no citrus soap.

So, I guess it depends on the supplies available during each cruise.

Are you saying the only soap available when entering the cabin is the liquid soap in the shower, and you only get the bar if you request it? How many people wouldn't think to ask? And isn't that counter to the message about hand washing (I would not be inclined to lean into the shower to get soap for my hands)?

Yes, that is what I am saying we experienced on Nieuw Amsterdam. We were there two weeks and I could not get a bar of hand soap. Steward delivered two bars of bath soap as I indicated above.

It seems it is not consistent fleetwide. Apparently others are saying on other ships, they had the glycerine soap.

We did not.

One of the posters here mentioned having to bring so many things on board, that maybe they should pack a roll of toilet paper too.......PLEASE DONT......the only toilet paper to be used on a cruise ship is that which is provided by them, as it is the type that wont lead to toilets clogging and flooding...... with all the news about toilet issues recently I felt it important to remind everyone of this again.....thanks.......we are cruising soon and sure hope for "good flushing"..... ;)

haven't seen the citrus slice in some time. i have a few 'in reserve' which i bring on cruises. only things i've seen recently along this line are the bath gel/shampoo/conditioner in the shower pumps, a round white soap at the sink, and a small bottle of body cream, also at the sink. oh, and also endless shower caps; just what an old bald man needs. lol

dr. dawg

Thank you, everyone for your response. It appears it is "hit or miss" with the citrus soap we all love. Or course I would not stop sailing HAL because of such a small matter, just don't recall with over 100 Hal Days ever NOT having it. Either supplies are limited, Hal is phasing it out, or Elemis is involved. Whatever the case, my plan of action is NOT to bring my own soap.

I need to remind myself to post my results in the summer.... hopefully affirmative!

brainyblonde

Certainly is hit or miss. We were on the Zaandam over Xmas and didn't have it but found out during the cruise that some others did. Also didn't have the lotion til about 1/2 way through.

Did you ask your cabin steward for the citrus soap and the body lotion?

the only toilet paper to be used on a cruise ship is that which is provided by them, as it is the type that wont lead to toilets clogging and flooding.

That is the only thing that should go in those toilets. No kleenex, No condoms.

I thought it was just me, but I had a terrible time getting bar soap for the sink on the Eurodam last summer, although I kept asking--just got one bar in 12 days. We were under Code Red, and I think I went overboard on making the kids scrub their hands.

Guess I will pack soap for our cruise next month...but doesn't it seem like the list of stuff you have to provide yourself when traveling just keeps growing? One of these days I'm going to crack when packing for the family and throw passports, toothbrushes, and underwear in a backpack and call it good.

I have to admit it is really irritating me to have to bring my own soap for a cruise.... what kind of luxury and pampering is that? :confused:

Indeed, of all the things HAL could cut down on, soap shouldn't be one of them! Particularly, since they emphasize the importance of washing one's hands thoroughly and often.

Will HAL be replacing the bar soap with dispensers at the cabin sinks, I wonder?

Even mid-range hotels (we like the Choice brands) provide soap! Further, my husband is not a bath gel/body wash person ... and I wonder how many men prefer bars to the liquid in the shower.

Archived