SD1 - Feb. 18 to 27

DisneyJen

So glad your ship came in and so nice that you can see it from the Sheraton We stayed there once before a crossing and is so exciting in the morning when waking up it is dockedThen your vacation is really starting soonGreat picture from ctbjr. Will folllow your reports

Isnt it amazing how quickly those famous, pampered people on board forget us poor stay at homes??:eek::D

HA!! I'm sitting here, wondering who is on board - which Capt, crew members, etc., what the weather is like, are they encountering any swells, how many pax on board, and if DJ has tried the wonderful cinnamon fresh toast for breakfast yet (something that became a favorite of mine on our SDII Jan cruise), and.... well... yes - any news would be GREAT! <hint, hint...tho' I'm thinking no news simply means they are 'in the moment', having a wonderful time!>

Now I know how you all felt when we were all aboard SDII in Jan./Feb and you were waiting around for updates. Talk about withdrawal! :eek:

Saturday, Feb. 18 Continued

We finally checked out of the hotel around 1:30 p.m. to take the 5 minute walk to the ship. Along the way I stopped to pick up some last minute items from CVS while DJ’s DH guarded our mountain of luggage.

We then strolled to the ship where our passports were checked, our luggage was scanned and we waited for the longest 15 minutes to embark. While waiting in line we talked with two other couples who had been on this charter before.

Kat, the Activities Manager (at least I think that his title, a dashing young man from Eastern Europe talked with a few minutes and gave us the all clear to board. *****, the chief security officer welcomed us at the bottom of the gangway with a squirt of hand sanitizer and a smile.

We were quickly relieved of our hand luggage and made our way up the gangway where we introduced ourselves to Captain Bjarne, received hearty welcome aboard handshakes from Club Director Daniel and Executive Hotel Manager Hotel Manager Christophe Cornu and hugs for me from both. The lovely Thai masseuses provide a cool hand cloth and the bar staff provide glasses of the always flowing champagne.

As we made our way into the Main Salon, were welcomed home by Olivier, Silvio, Brian, Mikee and many more familiar and new faces. We passed the canapés which looked delicious and plentiful and headed right to check-in. The process was quick and painless as always. Several of have joked that the photos on our IDs look like someone took silly putty and squished our heads! The Sommelier Manish quickly replaced our Kenwood Sparkling Wine with the house champagne Jacquart Brut Mosaique. He told us that we needed the “real stuff.”

We were show to our stateroom on Deck 2 by the lovely Lucy who showed had already stocked our refrigerator with our usual requests. A split of champagne Jacquart Brut Mosaique and a fruit basket awaited us as well as the all-important fan we had requested in advance.

Since our luggage wasn’t in the room yet, we headed up to the Office where sat in the Office for the first time this trip. A couple from California said to us, “You can’t sit there…someone else has that spot the whole week.” We laughed and said we are well acquainted with Ctbjr and the Office protocol... and as Ctbjr’s protégé, DJ’s DH had full authority to secure the office in his absence. We asked them to join us for a drink to toast our good fortune.

Before we knew it we were joined by the Ctbjers and TOYBars where we were taken care of by Chief Bartender Xander and Gideon. We watched the sunset before heading to the stateroom to unpack before dinner. Since this is the first time in three times that we are in a regular stateroom and not a Commodore Suite the power strip and extension cords that we brought with us have been a god send. Mind you we both travel with iPhones, an iPad, a Kindle, a Kindle Fire, laptop, and other gadgets so we are always needing power sources

After setting up our home-away-from-home we headed to dinner at a table for 10 on Deck 4 Aft hosted by Ctbjr.

Dinner was wonderful … we ordered the same meal … Caesar Salad, followed by a perfectly cooked filet mignon and the delightful Grand Marnier soufflé.

After dinner we adjourned to the TOY BAR and then a Bali Bed where fell asleep watching the stars and making our way out of San Juan to St. John.

PHOTOS TO FOLLOW! HAVING TROUBLE POSTING PHOTOS FROM THE TOY Bar!

YAY - a report! :D

DJ please say hello to Christophe - he must've jumped ship again since he was on our SDII Jan 28 cruise. And Daniel! Haven't seen him since our Norway trip. You've got some great crew members on board (which you already know!) so I know you're in good hands and in for another great time on SD.

Thanks for the detailed update and the pic. As Jim says, we wait here with baited breath...

CDreamer

Just dropped anchor off Cooper Island after an incredible evening and day at Jost. Today we had tenders to Foxys and Zodiacs to Soggy Dollar.

Gorgeous sail up the Sir Frances Drake Channel, through the cut at Thatch Island, past Soper's Hole ... one of my most favorite passages in the world. Was so honored to be allowed on the bridge with the captain as we naviagted that stretch. Ollie and Lena know how much I love being on the bridge while underway.

Lost of incredible moments already ... a charter is definitely different than a regular sailing as there are lots of little extras in terms of even more flexibility with the itinierary and once-in-a-lifetime moments.

More to come ... including photos ... but I am very busy SeaDreaming!

Let me just say that SeaDream STILL continues to excede expectations ... and we are only 2 nights into a 9 night cruise!

Off to catch a tender to Cooper Island!:cool:

Hi finally found a post by you. I stumbled upon your blog last night with wonderful photos of Ephesus but do you think I can find it again...NO..Would you be so kind as to send me a link to that so I can keep it in a folder. I seem to remember Sea Dream review 11 its was so late wanted to read it at a better time. mirandavale8599@bigpond.com. I am not very computer wise and just get blown away how well you have written and posted your photos thnax will be much appreciated liz

396419_2390913992258_1833146547_1570437_1819935667_n.jpg

Just getting ready to head to dinner after a refreshing visit to Cooper Island Beach Club.

Check another British Virgin Island off my "Been there list!":p

This trip has been simply amazing ... so many firsts, which is hard to believe after six trips (which is nothing compared to the folks with whom we are on board). You'll have to wait for the full write up to see those firsts are ...

Staff and crew have been simply amazing ... Marcus from Brazil has taken outstanding care of us at breakfast and lunch. He is definitely understands the SeaDream way! Olivier, Silvio and Xander take excellent care of us at dinner.

And then there is the incredible Christophe who quietly makes sure that everything runs as smooth as the sheets upon which we sleep (Thanks Lucy!).

Loving Capt. Bjarne and his sense of humor as well as his outstanding seamanship. I joked that I am available to help us navigate to Anegada tomorrow at 6 a.m. since we have bareboated to that island twice. With a twinkle in his eye he told me he had it all under control ... go figure!

Time to head to dinner ... it will be an early evening.

While I appreciate the compliments Liz, I have never been to Ephesus although it is on my leap list!

Love the wonderful picture at Cooper island use to stop there a lot when we had our sailboat in greneda and sailed all over the Caribbean Nice quiet spot do not know if it still isWe had Captain Bjarne on our Norway trip and he was wonderful

Have a wonderful dinner. Ollie and Lena

Fabulous picture!

I adore Silvio and Christophe (don't know the rest of your mentions, although I have no doubt they are fab).

Keep on keeping on with the fun. Color me bright green.

Also loving Jim Avery, ctbjr1309, cdreamer, zqvoyl and FT's exchange. Fun! I want to hang with you guys. I'm all about the laughs. Love your humor.

Oh sorry I must have mis-read who the blog belonged too zqvol. But I received a wonderful link with info and photos. Have you a web page then or something I must going bomkers with all this info. Caribbeanon my bucket list warmest regards

DJ,

LOVED the picture of Cooper Island . . . living vicariously through you and all must be good on the home front . . . no phone calls or e-mails received here.

have Silvio and Mrs. ToyBar started a round of pranks? one crossing the exchanges became so funny, my ribs hurt by the end from laughing sooo hard.

Could you please find out who is predicted to be our Captain, Hot Man, and Maitre D, in July? . . .

looking forward to the next posting and more pics -- hope the days in the office aren't too busy for everyone.

FT

Archived