SD1 - Feb. 18 to 27

DisneyJen

Figured since I had to type up the itinerary for the several page long instruction document for our dog and daughter I thought I would share the itinerary here as well:

Feb. 18 – San Juan, Puerto Rico, Arrive 2 p.m., Depart 10 p.m.

Feb. 19 – Cruz Bay, St. John, USVI, Arrive 8 a.m., Depart 3 p.m.

Feb. 19 – Jost Van Dyke, BVI, Arrive 6 p.m., Overnight

Feb. 20 – Jost Van Dyke, BVI, Depart 3 p.m.

Feb. 20 – Cooper Island, BVI, Arrive 5 p.m., Overnight

Feb. 21 – Anegada, BVI, Arrive 8 a.m., Depart 6 p.m.

Feb. 22 – Charlestown, Nevis, Arrive 7 a.m., Depart 1 p.m.

Feb. 22 – Gustavia, St. Barts, FWI, Arrive 6 p.m., Overnight

Feb. 23 – Gustavia, St.Barts, FWI, Depart 10 p.m.

Feb. 24 – Phillipsburg, St. Maarten, Arrive 8 a.m., Depart 11 p.m.

Feb. 25 – Virgin Gorda, BVI, Arrive 8 a.m., Overnight

Feb. 26 – Jost Van Dyke, BVI, Arrive 9 a.m., Depart 6 p.m.

Feb. 27 – Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas, USVI, Arrive 8 a.m., Depart 10 a.m.

I must say that is one well thought out itinerary!

Indeed it is! Whomever had input certainly created a fair and balanced voyage of overnights and sailing during the day. Believe it or not, after more than 30 trips to the Caribbean, this will be the first time we will stop at Cooper Island!

We are looking forward to returning to Cow Wreck Beach on Anegada ...one of our favorite beaches in the world!

Now if I could just get into the island mood by going to a Jimmy Buffett concert this evening ... alas I am dreaming again as I am alone in NC on a Saturday night:rolleyes:

Now if I could just get into the island mood by going to a Jimmy Buffett concert this evening ... alas I am dreaming again as I am alone in NC on a Saturday night:rolleyes:

Well, if you can't make it to see JB tonight, you can always join me for an 11 AM beer or two at Le Select on Feb. 23.

Well, if you can't make it to see JB tonight, you can always join me for an 11 AM beer or two at Le Select on Feb. 23.

Since I don't have NetJets (it's on my birthday wish list:eek::p:rolleyes:) there is no way I am going to see JB tonight so I will have to settle for a beer or two at Le Select! Thank goodness we call on St. Barts before heading to St. Martin and the jewelry stores. Big birthday this year means jewelry for me:p ... Mrs. ctbjr says so!!

Your mission, should you decide to accept, is to toast me with a beer when JB sings "One Particular Harbor." I know where that harbor is for me!

Today was the first phase of maintenance for me since a week from this evening we will be finishing the packing and closing up the house for our two day pre-cruise stay in SJU.

Phase two will be next week after our return from a weekend in Austin, TX for dear friends' son's wedding.

Anyone want to guess how much luggage we will be taking on our SJU-SD-SJU trip:p

Today was the first phase of maintenance for me since a week from this evening we will be finishing the packing and closing up the house for our two day pre-cruise stay in SJU.

Phase two will be next week after our return from a weekend in Austin, TX for dear friends' son's wedding.

Anyone want to guess how much luggage we will be taking on our SJU-SD-SJU trip:p

Probably twice what we do!:D:eek::D

6 checked bags and 2 carryons. Like all the Royals.:eek::D

I'm jealous, despite heading to the Med for a Seabourn cruise in April. We loved Anegada. Rented one of the few jeeps available there and circumnavigated the island (SeaDream arrainged the rental). Found some spectacular, completely deserted beaches, on little tracks off the main road. Also swung by Cow Wreck. Had a great lunch out at Big Bamboo. Great beach there too. Try the lobster. Icing on the cake was "The Settlement", the main town on the island. Farm animals not fenced in and so horses, donkeys, pigs, and cows just lounging and wandering around. Would love to spend a week on Anegada, it was about the most relaxing place I've ever been.

Probably twice what we do!

That's a given:rolleyes:

6 checked bags and 2 carryons. Like all the Royals.:eek::D

Not quite that bad Jim;) Now we didn't say what size those bags/steamer trunks are ...

I'm jealous, despite heading to the Med for a Seabourn cruise in April. We loved Anegada. Rented one of the few jeeps available there and circumnavigated the island (SeaDream arrainged the rental). Found some spectacular, completely deserted beaches, on little tracks off the main road. Also swung by Cow Wreck. Had a great lunch out at Big Bamboo. Great beach there too. Try the lobster. Icing on the cake was "The Settlement", the main town on the island. Farm animals not fenced in and so horses, donkeys, pigs, and cows just lounging and wandering around. Would love to spend a week on Anegada, it was about the most relaxing place I've ever been.

We have had the good fortune of spending a lot of time on Anegada. Navigating those reefs can be quite an adventure! Have you seen the flamingos on Anegada? There isn't a better lobster than the grilled lobster from the Anegada Reef Hotel ...

Arrived home from a whirlwind wedding weekend in Austin last evening to another sure sign that our SD cruise is drawing closer ... a package from Land's End.

Time to get serious about checking the packing list and procuring last minute items like new sunglasses to replace the ones I lost in some bar is Cruz Bay in June:eek:

Don't forget the. New flip flops!

Thanks for the reminder Jim! I blew out my flip flops ... stepped on a Pop Tart:p

The shop on SD has some wonderful new sunglass collections!:D

Will have to check it out zqvol! I do have a gift card that I need to use but one can never had enough sunglasses.

Congratulations!!! You don't know how pleased I am that you guys finally made it legal.

ROFL ... Trust me it's been legal for going on 28 years ... most of them happy:eek:

OMG...DJ, why didn't you tell me? We leave in 2 days?:eek: I've been traveling most of the time since September, and haven't had the chance to look ahead!

Oh, wait - a few bathing suits, shorts, shirts, perhaps a pair of slacks - should be able to pack it in a rollerboard... and THIS TIME, we're bringing electronics, instead of 50# of books (good for my back). I think I can pack in 10-15 minutes tomorrow night:cool:

If not - no harm, no foul! We SO need this trip....Here's to fair winds, following seas, great friends, and somewhere between 5-8 novels (ok, perhaps some phenominal food, beverage, sights, and service to boot...but that's just gravy for me):D

Just make sure you pack the "big five" as we count them out as we're screeching out of the driveway late for the airport--

1) tickets (if not e-ticketing)

2) passports/ID

3) money/credit cards

4) drugs (meaning prescription drugs or any "always works for me" OTC that may be hard to find)

5) swimsuit (and that's optional for those who are easy to fit and could pick one up anywhere)

Anything else you can buy or enjoy your cruise without. Except maybe your kindle/nook/ipad reader and prescription sunglasses. Well, that would be me.:D

Last time we turned around for my DS's ID and I've had drugs fedexed to me. You'd think as much as we travel we'd get it right by now.:o

Enjoy throwing things in the rollerboard!

OMG...DJ' date=' why didn't you tell me? We leave in 2 days?:eek: I've been traveling most of the time since September, and haven't had the chance to look ahead!

Oh, wait - a few bathing suits, shorts, shirts, perhaps a pair of slacks - should be able to pack it in a rollerboard... and THIS TIME, we're bringing electronics, instead of 50# of books (good for my back). I think I can pack in 10-15 minutes tomorrow night:cool:

If not - no harm, no foul! We SO need this trip....Here's to fair winds, following seas, great friends, and somewhere between 5-8 novels (ok, perhaps some phenominal food, beverage, sights, and service to boot...but that's just gravy for me):D[/quote']

10-15 minutes? Slow poke! Here's hoping that you guys have a safe and uneventful trip tomorrow. We're looking forward to seeing you very soon!

OMG...DJ' date=' why didn't you tell me? We leave in 2 days? I've been traveling most of the time since September, and haven't had the chance to look ahead!

Oh, wait - a few bathing suits, shorts, shirts, perhaps a pair of slacks - should be able to pack it in a rollerboard... and THIS TIME, we're bringing electronics, instead of 50# of books (good for my back). I think I can pack in 10-15 minutes tomorrow night.

If not - no harm, no foul! We SO need this trip....Here's to fair winds, following seas, great friends, and somewhere between 5-8 novels (ok, perhaps some phenominal food, beverage, sights, and service to boot...but that's just gravy for me):D[/quote']

Here's to hoping you don't need me to launder anything ... guess you can get SD do that for you too:rolleyes:

Just make sure you pack the "big five" as we count them out as we're screeching out of the driveway late for the airport--

1) tickets (if not e-ticketing)

2) passports/ID

3) money/credit cards

4) drugs (meaning prescription drugs or any "always works for me" OTC that may be hard to find)

5) swimsuit (and that's optional for those who are easy to fit and could pick one up anywhere)

Anything else you can buy or enjoy your cruise without. Except maybe your kindle/nook/ipad reader and prescription sunglasses. Well, that would be me.:D

Last time we turned around for my DS's ID and I've had drugs fedexed to me. You'd think as much as we travel we'd get it right by now.:o

Enjoy throwing things in the rollerboard!

Excellent list fpebbles!

Of course DJ's DH has an Excel packing list but he needs to update it to include iPad and Kindles.

DJ's DH can totally relate about having to turn around to get his passport:rolleyes: Luckily we live about 12 minutes from the airport which is very small and easy to navigate!

10-15 minutes? Slow poke! Here's hoping that you guys have a safe and uneventful trip tomorrow. We're looking forward to seeing you very soon!

We all can be as efficient as you ctbjr!

Safe travels to you and Mrs. ctbjr!

Forgot to mention in all the laundry and packing madness that yesterday's Valentine's Day card from DJ's DH included a Reflexology session he booked for me on SD1 on Sunday morning.

The man knows me well:p Can't wait to be anchored off our favorite island, (St. John), sipping on a Grand Mimosa and revitalizing with an al fresco spa treatment. Talk about a perfect way to spend a late Sunday morning!!

Forgot to mention in all the laundry and packing madness that yesterday's Valentine's Day card from DJ's DH included a Reflexology session he booked for me on SD1 on Sunday morning.

The man knows me well:p Can't wait to be anchored off our favorite island, (St. John), sipping on a Grand Mimosa and revitalizing with an al fresco spa treatment. Talk about a perfect way to spend a late Sunday morning!!

Hmmmmmmmmm.... Maybe I should book something for Mrs. CTBjr this Sunday morning. Would be less expensive than the alternative currently being contemplated - jewelry shopping excursion to St. Thomas.....

Hmmmmmmmmm.... Maybe I should book something for Mrs. CTBjr this Sunday morning. Would be less expensive than the alternative currently being contemplated - jewelry shopping excursion to St. Thomas.....

Last month in STT, I made it out alive.:eek: Between sticker shock and not that much good stuff, Lady L was not amused. Still thanking my lucky stars that a set of binoculars was the big purchase.:D:eek::D

Last month in STT, I made it out alive.:eek: Between sticker shock and not that much good stuff, Lady L was not amused. Still thanking my lucky stars that a set of binoculars was the big purchase.:D:eek::D

Jim, if you're fortunate we'll never meet and Mrs. CTBjr will never introduce anybody you know to her St. Thomas pusher, I mean jeweler.

Jim, if you're fortunate we'll never meet and Mrs. CTBjr will never introduce anybody you know to her St. Thomas pusher, I mean jeweler.

Same for Lois and the family jewelers in Old San Juan that STILL sends us Christmas Cards.:eek::eek:

Archived