52 to go FIRST TIME CRUISER!

bmcgee1944

My husband and I are taking our first cruise ever. To celebrate my 30th and his 40th birthdays this year.

We chose a 7 day Bahamas cruise with Norwegian on the Jewel. We leave out of NYC on ST PATTYS DAY!! A balcony room on 10th deck..

Any suggestions for us?

Very excited and can't wait to get on board!

A few suggestions for your first cruise:

1) Become very friendly with your cabin steward. Our Steward on the NCL Spirit was fantastic. His name is used quite often in my house as a normal term like a calgon take me away type of thing.

2) If you are one who drinks,Grab a drink~ irish or not, its St patty's day and you have much to celebrate

3) Head to the pool area on your first day, NCL has a great welcome aboard party.

4) Bring a good hair conditioner~ sea air will kill your hair if you don't.

5) Shut off the phone~ it can get very pricey to be roaming for all that time.

6) Bring an extra pair of flip flops ( $1 at old navy for ones you like is waaaaay better than $10 on ship if you break one)

7)Bring something White to wear. NCL throws a white party on all of its ships~ everyone one wears something white. It is a ship wide party!

8) most important!!!! Relax and have fun!!!!!!!!

I am sorry to say though you may have caused a problem most of us have here~ a cruising addction. As of right now I do not see any support groups out there for those of us who suffer from it but heck, for now I guess we live it up then

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Check out the Roll Call for your cruise. THere you can meet others sailing with you. To join, Click Boards at the top of this page, Scroll down to Roll Calls, click on your cruise line, Click on your ship. Find the thread for your sailing.

Bring your own St. Patrick's day supplies -- buttons, hats, shamrocks, beads etc. Cruise lines don't really "get" St. Patrick's day. :(

If you want green beer, bring your own green food coloring. You will be the most popular person at the bar.

The Jewel is a lovely ship. You will have a nice time. Don't forget to join your Roll Call thread & attend the Meet & Greet.

I agree with everything everyone said above but wanted to add to that.

Remember to read your Freestyle Daily that will be delivered to your door each night for the next days activities on the ship. It tells you what is going on all over the ship and at what time. I kept mine tucked in my fanny pack so that if we could keep track.

Most of all enjoy, relax and enjoy !!!!!

Archived