The Adventures of Delta Dear AKA CalamityJane on the Valor 1/15- 1/21

Delta Dear

Calamity Jane, thanks for taking the time to do a very good review and for sharing your photos. You did a great job! I love reading reviews whether it's a ship I'm going on or not...lol.:p

The one thing I miss when cruising is salty snacks like popcorn, potato chips and pretzels. They are available in the shops, but the next time we cruise, I will pack a few salty snacks in my bag.

Here's a tip: On ships with the Burrito Bar, you can get (store bought ) nacho chips. You can get them with a burrito or just ask for a basket of nachos on the side. You can also get a small cup of salsa...yummy! :) They also have homemade nachos at the grill with the hamburgers/hot dogs. Not as good IMHO...lol

Thank you for this *awesome* review. I'm so excited for my cruise on the Valor in April. Your pics were amazing, as is your story telling. I'm from NE Ohio (though I live in Columbus now), and it's always good to "meet" someone else from my neck of the woods.

I most especially appreciate the perspective from a couple with some mobility limitations. My dad has mobility issues (and uses a BiPAP, so thanks for mentioning the CPAP), and my mom has been asking me about how accessible a cruise would be for him. He also has a love-hate relationship with his rollator, but I'm glad to hear it's usable on the ship. It's so helpful to hear honest and positive information on these kinds of challenges.

Thanks again!

A very enjoyable review ... thanks for taking the time to put it together.

I'm not certain your chocoholic taste is changing as much as the chocolate on Carnival isn't very good in my opinion. Like you, I'm a chocolate lover but I won't even eat the pillow chocolates. I bring them home here and give them to my granddies.

Thanks again.

Thank you so much for your review Jane. I really enjoyed reading your story and meeting you and Morgan. What a nice couple.

One comment, can't believe what that woman ate at your table. Wow, what an oink!!!! I mean, really, come on, how can a person eat all that?? :eek:

I'm glad you have another trip planned. Just like us, we try to go on a cruise and book one right after.

Thank you again. :)

Wonderful review! There don't seem to be many Valor reviews and I really appreciated reading this one.

By the way, you can get chips or pretzels with your sandwich from room service OR you can just ask for some and they bring them on a plate.

K

Can you please use a larger font size ?

All taken care of. Sorry !

Looking forward to your review.

Yes please... a larger font size would be nice. I had to enlarge my % to see better. Getting old is not as fun as I had hoped it would be! :p

You and me both ! Even with trifocals, it was hard to read. LOL

Ms. Delta Dear...so gld you are doing a review!

Thanks, Carhopsrock, I enjoy writing reviews. I should cruise more often. LOL

Cant wait to hear more! Will be on the valor end of feb:D

Lucky you ! You will love it !

You must continue your review. I'm enjoying your sense of humor and writing style. good for both of you to get out and cruise. Keep on going! :D

Thanks, I enjoy writing. I plan to enjoy as many cruises as we can.

Great review. I cant wait for the rest.

It's all finished or until I look over my notes later and find something I forgot to say.

Miss Jane, I don't think I have read a review that I have enjoyed so much. You have a real flair for the written word my dear. I will be on the Valor in 7 quick days and you added to the excitement. I had no idea what the decor theme was and now can't wait to see it. Thanks for taking the time to post your photos and write you review. Take care, Lydia of Ohio....Columbus, not Cleveland, ha ha.

Enjoying your review:):):)

I'm glad you are enjoying it.

This is great so far!

Thanks, I'm having fun all over again.

So glad I found this, Calamity! Very good so far and looking forward to hearing more.

Thanks, Ann and thanks for posting the link on the Breeze board.

Im enjoying your review and photos! Thanks for taking the time to post them. Looking forward to more of the same!:)

As you see, there were plenty more where those came from.

You're doing great - I love this review!

A larger font sure did help ! So glad you are loving it.

Enjoying your review, keep it coming.:D

Thanks, it is almost finished.

What a great review.

You are a handsome couple !

I'm going to check out your other reviews.

Thanks ! :D

Thanks, I hope you enjoy the other reviews as well.

Thanks for the review! We leave on February 26th for our honeymoon cruise!! I can hardly contain my excitement and have read all of the Valor reviews I can find. It looks like you guys had an excellent time! Thank you!!!

Congratulations on your coming marriage. May you enjoy at least 44 years of wedded bliss as we have !

Yay, I've been waiting for you to return and post your review!

You look so cute here!

I told you so! :D Everyone should heed that advice! Too bad you could only have it 1 night, but that's better than none at all. And thanks for the shout out! :D

The assistant cruise director was Everson. I agree with you. He was everywhere and was very sincere about making sure guests were having fun. I sort of had a little crush on him those 7 days of my cruise. :o

I really enjoyed your review! Looks like you and your husband had a great time. I'm glad to hear he's feeling better.

Awww, thanks, GA Pearl. I agree, Everson was a 'Cutie on Duty!'

January2012_0195.jpg

Morgan is doing very well. We really enjoyed the entire two weeks we were away, but it is always good to be back home. Dorothy was right. If I had red slippers, I'd break into song. "When I think of home, I think of a place with love overflowing,' a la, Stephanie Mills.

What a great review! You two are the cutest couple ever! I'm glad you had a great time and can't wait for your next review!

LOL, guess that will be after March 2, 2013 unless I win the Lottery ! LOL

No, but my wife and most of our friends are. I've never been much of a joiner......

So, What is sorority does your wife belong to ?

Thanks Ms. Delta Dear for yet another great review! You are very good at reviewing, and I love your pictures.

One question...

Mushroom cappuccino?

Is it soup, or is it coffee? Never heard of such a thing!

Glad you had a wonderful cruise and time with your family.[

/quote]

When I previewed this, BooBooMonkey, I don't know why your quote is not in blue. This quote process in new to me.

Thanks. I always come back and think of the pictures I forgot to take.

The mushroom cappuccino was more like a soup. It was frothy like cappuccino because the chef folded whipped milk into the base soup.

Thanks for taking the time to write and post your review. I am glad it worked out for you to take this cruise and that you enjoyed it so much. I am still disappointed you had to miss Glory and Bermuda. I was so looking forward to meeting you!

Come on and join us on the Breeze !

Awesome review.

Thank you very much.

Jane,

You outdid yourself this time. What a wonderful, descriptive yet humorous review. You took us back to memory lane and we loved the shots of the Valor, especially the atrium pictures. Can hardly wait for the Maniacs to re-unite.

Thanks, Ann. We can hardly wait for the Maniacs Reunion either. We really liked the Valor. I was afraid it would be difficult to manuver, but it wasn't bad at all.

Wonderful review! There don't seem to be many Valor reviews and I really appreciated reading this one.

By the way, you can get chips or pretzels with your sandwich from room service OR you can just ask for some and they bring them on a plate.

K

Thanks for the tip. I knew they had them with sandwiches, but never thought about calling for a plate of chips. Now I know !

Thanks so much for taking the time to write your review.... loved the pictures and all of your stories along the way... We will be on the Valor in a few weeks for 8 days...

Oh, wow, have a wonderful trip.

Thank you for taking time to write your wonderful review. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Sounds as if you had a wonderful cruise. The Valor looks beautiful. And you and Morgan look like a wonderful couple. Thanks again.

So glad you enjoyed the review, thanks.

Hi Jane,

Fabulous review. Thanks for taking the time to write it and share it with us all.

So sorry we didn't get to join you. Looks like we might be doing the Liberty in March or April. Trying...I need another cruise.

Can't wait to sail the Breeze with you and Morgan and sooooo thrilled you had a wonderful trip.

Miss Jane, I don't think I have read a review that I have enjoyed so much. You have a real flair for the written word my dear. I will be on the Valor in 7 quick days and you added to the excitement. I had no idea what the decor theme was and now can't wait to see it. Thanks for taking the time to post your photos and write you review. Take care, Lydia of Ohio....Columbus, not Cleveland, ha ha.

YAY for Columbus. I am a Buckeye ! I graduated from OSU in 1964 ! I posted in another reply that I have been to Columbus three times in the past six months. I'm looking forward to visiting again, Columbus is exciting.

Be sure to walk across Deck 1, I think, where there are murals/drawings of many famous Americans. The decor is very subtle. You look up and realize that Thomas Jefferson, or Susan B. Anthony are looking down at you. LOL

Have a wonderful time.

Loved the review and the pictures! YOU TWO ARE JUST TOO CUTE! Thank you for sharing Mrs. Jane.

Thanks, Stacy !

Hi Jane,

Fabulous review. Thanks for taking the time to write it and share it with us all.

So sorry we didn't get to join you. Looks like we might be doing the Liberty in March or April. Trying...I need another cruise.

Can't wait to sail the Breeze with you and Morgan and sooooo thrilled you had a wonderful trip.

Told you it was great ! Now you can see why I said that ! Thanks for all of your help.

Nice start, when I saw Delta and AKA in the title, I thought that this was a sorority cruise:p

+1 lol

Delta Dear wonderful review! I remember your thread about your hubby and i'm sooo happy you guys were able to go in January. Thanks for posting:D:p

Archived