Crown in Curacao

RD64

Recent Crown Princess cruisers..... does the Crown ever dock downtown with the scenic views of the buildings and the Queen Emma bridge, or does it only dock in the secondary port area? Many thanks....

We were there in December and did not dock in the downtown area near the moving bridge, there were celebrity and aida cruise ships in that area and a couple of others on inside.

Someone asked this in another thread a few weeks ago and someone responded that the Crown always docks on the outside, but I don't know for sure, just my one experience.

Mike

We were there in December and did not dock in the downtown area near the moving bridge, there were celebrity and aida cruise ships in that area and a couple of others on inside.

Someone asked this in another thread a few weeks ago and someone responded that the Crown always docks on the outside, but I don't know for sure, just my one experience.

Mike

Any idea about the Grand? Same place as the Crown, or elsewhere?

Any idea about the Grand? Same place as the Crown, or elsewhere?

Pia,

I don't know the answer, but as I said, someone mentioned that all Princess ships dock outside of the moving bridge like we did on the Grand in December. Perhaps the size of the ship matters, the day we were there there were Celebrity and Aida ships inside the moving bridge area, but they were smaller than the Grand.

Even still it's a pretty easy 10 minute walk to the bridge and across into town.

Mike

We were there in Nov. on the Crown and docked at the ocean side area. Not the one downtown.

Think HAL and Princess use the ocean side docking exclusively although a Carnival ship was using the downtown dock when we were there.

The ocean side dock is fine. It's an easy walk through a very nice mall area to downtown. About 10-15 mins.

Pia,

I don't know the answer, but as I said, someone mentioned that all Princess ships dock outside of the moving bridge like we did on the Grand in December. Perhaps the size of the ship matters, the day we were there there were Celebrity and Aida ships inside the moving bridge area, but they were smaller than the Grand.

Even still it's a pretty easy 10 minute walk to the bridge and across into town.

Mike

Thanks, Mike. It's been quite a few years since we've docked in Curacao and I just didn't recall the relationship between ship and town.

Archived