group shared cocktail party

jagsfan

I'd like to know if the open bar offers all mixed drinks for a group shared party as it does

for a private party. The groups on board share a one hour cocktail party with open bar

and dry snacks. Can anyone order just about anything? within reason, of course.

I'm think foo foo drinks.

Kind of a little off topic about the group cocktail parties with the dry snacks, but it really grosses me out to see them put out a communal bowl of cheese gold fish and another communal bowl of pretzels. With all of the food safety measures that the ship takes to avoid NORO virus outbreaks, one would think that they would serve snacks in bowls with individual bags or at least measured out in individual sanck cups for each person to take. At the very, very, very least......put in a serving spoon so one could scoop a small portion into their hand. I saw this on our first organized group cruise and was very surprised that the snacks were served this way.

Kind of a little off topic about the group cocktail parties with the dry snacks, but it really grosses me out to see them put out a communal bowl of cheese gold fish and another communal bowl of pretzels. With all of the food safety measures that the ship takes to avoid NORO virus outbreaks, one would think that they would serve snacks in bowls with individual bags or at least measured out in individual sanck cups for each person to take. At the very, very, very least......put in a serving spoon so one could scoop a small portion into their hand. I saw this on our first organized group cruise and was very surprised that the snacks were served this way.

I just picked up the small bowl and dumped a small amount into my hand. Easy peasy and not gross at all!

I just picked up the small bowl and dumped a small amount into my hand. Easy peasy and not gross at all!

Wouldn't it bother you though if someone had their fingers in there before you dumped your portion into your hand ? I'm really not trying to be snarky, so please don't take it that way, I'm just a little bit of a germ-o-phob as some folks are not hand washers and can carry nasty germs from who-knows-where. I just think this is one area that Carnival could really improve on. The buffets all seem to have a serving type utensil so why not the cocktail venues ? Besides, a few bowls of Gold-fish crackers and some pretzels really don't cut-it, they really could bump the quality of snacks up just a little bit. Maybe some mini finger sandwiches or a simple cheese and fruit plate with some crackers or small slices of toasted bread. Something that would help absorb the alcohol -vs- contributing to more drinking due to heavy salt content.

In addition, a more substansial offering would also allow for the the flow of alcohol to be abosorbed into the system a little easier. We ahd a man and his wife both bring their Bubba-Mugs to the M&G and then fill them to the top with the allotted drink offerings as well as some drinks that were not finished by others. Talk about a major buzz-on ! Mabye a lite snack would help combat the situation as well.

I always think twice about sticking my hand in food bowl that others are sharing as well. JMHO

:):)

I'd like to know if the open bar offers all mixed drinks for a group shared party as it does

for a private party. The groups on board share a one hour cocktail party with open bar

and dry snacks. Can anyone order just about anything? within reason, of course.

I'm think foo foo drinks.

I'm organizing at 2 hour open bar with dry snacks.. it is around 17.00 pp plus 15% grats..with that one you can have what ever you would like but if you chose the one that is " pre poured drinks" then it is your usual fare:Rum Punch,Rum Swizzle,Bloody Mary,Screwdriver,Margarita,Pina Colada,Mimosa,House wine,House Champagne,Assorted Domestic Beers,Assorted fountain pop, Coffee and Tea but the kicker with this one is.. you only get to choose 3.. for your function of an hour this one is 8.50 pp plus 15% grats..the one hour open bar with dry snacks that you can choose anything is 8.50 pp plus 15% grats..Contact the special events team at CCL H.O. and they will forward you all the menu option because there is alot to choose from..

Cheers!

I'm organizing at 2 hour open bar with dry snacks.. it is around 17.00 pp plus 15% grats..with that one you can have what ever you would like but if you chose the one that is " pre poured drinks" then it is your usual fare:Rum Punch,Rum Swizzle,Bloody Mary,Screwdriver,Margarita,Pina Colada,Mimosa,House wine,House Champagne,Assorted Domestic Beers,Assorted fountain pop, Coffee and Tea but the kicker with this one is.. you only get to choose 3.. for your function of an hour this one is 8.50 pp plus 15% grats..the one hour open bar with dry snacks that you can choose anything is 8.50 pp plus 15% grats..Contact the special events team at CCL H.O. and they will forward you all the menu option because there is alot to choose from..

Cheers!

If I may ask, where do you find info about an open bar party - do you have to plan and pay before you cruise or plan and then pay on board??

Cheers!

Seems like reasonable pricing. Truly. And you really can drink as much as you want during the two hours or one hour?

Does anyone know if other cruise lines offer this or is it just Carnival? I think I read that you must have a minimum of 20 people to participate, right?

If I may ask, where do you find info about an open bar party - do you have to plan and pay before you cruise or plan and then pay on board??
' what I was told to do was.. organize and approx number of people.. then collect money from those serious about attending.. the money I get goes into and account and then I send a payment for an OBC.. when it is finally time for the private function.. CCL will send a rep to the function to count heads.. make sure you clearly have the drinkers and non drinkers marked ( we are using wrist bands for the drinkers)your S&S account will be billed accordingly..

There is functions that can be done as a cash bar as well where all those attending will be responsilble for their own tabs...I hope that helps.. it sounds more confusing that it is really..

Cheers!

Seems like reasonable pricing. Truly. And you really can drink as much as you want during the two hours or one hour?

Does anyone know if other cruise lines offer this or is it just Carnival? I think I read that you must have a minimum of 20 people to participate, right?

I am not sure about other cruise lines but you can call the company you booked with and ask if there is sucha function option..being retired amry I can tell you I can drink my 20 bucks worth if I really wanted to but on this one I'll be drinking a bit less until all the I's are dotted and T's crossed..:)

I hope the first answer, from afcj1, answered my question. I'm not asking about a

group party where the participants each pay a portion, I'm talking about the free

shared party Carnival gives to groups on a sailing. Just wanted to know how limited

the drink selections are.

I hope the first answer, from afcj1, answered my question. I'm not asking about a

group party where the participants each pay a portion, I'm talking about the free

shared party Carnival gives to groups on a sailing. Just wanted to know how limited

To my knowledge there is no free shared group cocktail party. They are paid for somehow or another. Perhaps your group booking included the cost for the cocktail party in your cruise fare package.

Whether it is or not the same principal applies. Yes you can order anything you wish. The only exception would be top shelf brands.

They are actually the same party.

Only difference is the group is paying for it in their fares and with "Amenity Points" and the other way each person pays their share in Cash. They are exactly the same party.

They are actually the same party.

Only difference is the group is paying for it in their fares and with "Amenity Points" and the other way each person pays their share in Cash. They are exactly the same party.

LOL TY I always forget about group points since our group opts for OBC, LOL:D

As far as a shared party, not sure what you mean. But if it is a group gathering that have not been paid up front, then order what you want. I would assume drinks are not limited at that point but also depends what bar you are at (some, varies by ship, may have different liquor than others).

There is a past Carnival Guest reception of which you will receive an invitation to attend if you are a past guest.

Usually the day before disembarkation, there is a farewell party for all (5ish).

Both I have read have servers coming around with drinks, all different kinds of drinks, maybe not top brand, but a good variety.

So, for 45 minutes or so, get em while you can.

Nice suggestions. Karen make a note for the Breeze party:). Maybe we can get small dipping cups and plates for the snacks.

But I do have to ask, is this overkill? Do you have a Super Bowl party or a Hoosier B-Ball party at your home with chips and salsa in individually wrapped serving? Also those little gel bottles of alcohol cleaner, DO NOT kill the grems you think they do. Only washing hands with soap and hot water while humming happy birthday will do that trick.

Not meant to flame, but sometimes our germphobia gets a bit overdone. That's why kids on farms that run around all over the place and only wash their hands before they eat dinner don't get as sick as lids in suburan or urban environments where Mommy wipes down everything 24/7. Take precautions (like your suggestions), but no need to be the germ police.

Wouldn't it bother you though if someone had their fingers in there before you dumped your portion into your hand ? I'm really not trying to be snarky, so please don't take it that way, I'm just a little bit of a germ-o-phob as some folks are not hand washers and can carry nasty germs from who-knows-where. I just think this is one area that Carnival could really improve on. The buffets all seem to have a serving type utensil so why not the cocktail venues ? Besides, a few bowls of Gold-fish crackers and some pretzels really don't cut-it, they really could bump the quality of snacks up just a little bit. Maybe some mini finger sandwiches or a simple cheese and fruit plate with some crackers or small slices of toasted bread. Something that would help absorb the alcohol -vs- contributing to more drinking due to heavy salt content.

In addition, a more substansial offering would also allow for the the flow of alcohol to be abosorbed into the system a little easier. We ahd a man and his wife both bring their Bubba-Mugs to the M&G and then fill them to the top with the allotted drink offerings as well as some drinks that were not finished by others. Talk about a major buzz-on ! Mabye a lite snack would help combat the situation as well.

I always think twice about sticking my hand in food bowl that others are sharing as well. JMHO

:):)

I agree with you about not putting my hand in a food bowl when others have already touched it, but at the party I attended, no one had done that so I just poured some into my hand. The other ones we've attended, I didn't know so I didn't have any snacks.

As far as providing better snacks, it is possible to have them, but the cost is higher. All the parties I have been to have only the goldfish crackers so people can pay the least for the party. If people want to spring for hors d'oeuvres, just tell the person arranging the party and Carnival will gladly do so for a higher price.

Nice suggestions. Karen make a note for the Breeze party:). Maybe we can get small dipping cups and plates for the snacks

But I do have to ask, is this overkill? Do you have a Super Bowl party or a Hoosier B-Ball party at your home with chips and salsa in individually wrapped serving? Also those little gel bottles of alcohol cleaner, DO NOT kill the grems you think they do. Only washing hands with soap and hot water while humming happy birthday will do that trick.

Not meant to flame, but sometimes our germphobia gets a bit overdone. That's why kids on farms that run around all over the place and only wash their hands before they eat dinner don't get as sick as lids in suburan or urban environments where Mommy wipes down everything 24/7. Take precautions (like your suggestions), but no need to be the germ police.

Not meant to flame either...:).... but my house is not a ship with thousands of passengers that are at risk for NORO or other type infections. And...yes when I throw an event and offer dry snacks I most certainly do offer a scooping device. Just like some of the buffet restaurants in our area, they have tongs to take a serving of tortilla chips or other items that cannot be picked up with a spoon. Of course, I do not do this with immediate family members, but if I hava a Domino party or Holiday party..... I most certainly offer these utensils as a courtesy to my guests.......

Additionally, small children and the elderly are the most susceptible to picking up a virus. It not called being a germ-o-phob, it's being called a good mother or caregiver. And......yes..... Carnvial should get-with-the-program and do away with the community snack dishes...... a local restaurant wouldn't get away with serving snacks this way, why should Carnival do this? Is it really to save a few bucks? For goodness sake-- Keep the stale goldfish and pretzels.... but stick a dang serving spoon it it first. How does one really know what the person's hands were doing before grabbing a handful of crackers ? Grabbing a doorknob that thousands of others have touched, going to the bathroom, picking thier nose ????? Just disgusting.

Archived