Platinum Status: What Do I Need To Know?

flourpot

Your boarding pass will say "Preferred" on it which will get you checked in and onto the ship faster.

Awesome! Thanks! I heard something about happy hour/drinks in the evenings with Platinum/Elite people...any truth to it?

I heard something about happy hour/drinks in the evenings with Platinum/Elite people...any truth to it?
Yes. The drinks aren't free, though. You'll receive a notice of where the Platinum/Elite cocktail hour is being held. It's usually in Skywalkers.

The Platinum/Elite lounge in Skywalkers will offer a specialty drink of the day at a discounted price and a special appetizer such as Steak Tartare, Stilton cheese, etc... We made a point of making it every night that it was offered.. If you're qualified, you'll receive a notification of what is offered in the Lounge in your cabin on embarkation day...

Free Internet minutes is definitely the best perk for us. We also enjoy the Platinum/Elite lounge in Skywalkers. Don't always care for the drink specials but the appy's are always good as is the view. One benefit that isn't always mentioned is the lounge access prior to disembarkation. Coffee and tea in a comfortable area while waiting to depart the ship is a relaxing way to end your cruise.

Princess has a good list of benefits on their website...the best of which is internet time.

If people can find CC, why can't they do a search????

So many of these questions are on the first page because others just asked. Sorry to rant but the same questions keep getting asked over and over and yes I know new things do come up because someone did post he question but some of you are much nicer than me to keep answering them over and over.

Rant over----------

So many of these questions are on the first page because others just asked. Sorry to rant but the same questions keep getting asked over and over and yes I know new things do come up because someone did post he question but some of you are much nicer than me to keep answering them over and over.

Rant over----------

We can discuss this sometime when you sail to the North Channel:)

Sorry to rant - this damn snow has me in a crappy mood. Had to go out and shovel the last two mornings - I need a cruise - any cruise. The last one was 29 days ago but it's been so long, I don't remember how much fun it was.

And hopefully we will get up to the North Channel this summer.

Sorry to rant - this damn snow has me in a crappy mood. Had to go out and shovel the last two mornings - I need a cruise - any cruise. The last one was 29 days ago but it's been so long, I don't remember how much fun it was.

And hopefully we will get up to the North Channel this summer.

Look for us in Spider Bay marina, Little Current...live full time on the boat ("Spitfire")in the summer ...or email me at marc at 1sa dot com

Free Internet minutes is definitely the best perk for us. We also enjoy the Platinum/Elite lounge in Skywalkers. Don't always care for the drink specials but the appy's are always good as is the view. One benefit that isn't always mentioned is the lounge access prior to disembarkation. Coffee and tea in a comfortable area while waiting to depart the ship is a relaxing way to end your cruise.

Are the appetizers free in the Platinum/Elite Lounge?

Yes, the nibbles provided are free...We went a couple times but as it is so close to dinner we didnt worry about the rest of the cruise..

Re- the priority boarding. When we cruised on Diamond Princess last month we were Platinum and it was much quicker to go thru the normal book in area. We actually lined up where it said "Elite and Platinum" but were advised it would be much faster to go thru the normal area. This was correct as we were thru and on and others that were in the Elite/ Platinum line were still in line. Not sure if this is the usual case but was for our cruise..

As said before the free internet is great, my husb and I are both Platinum so we had 500 min(250min ea) and as he doesnt use I had it all, but it was sooooo slow, I would log in on my iphone and it would take forever to load etc... needless to say I used most of it up.. Fiona:)

Yes, the nibbles provided are free...We went a couple times but as it is so close to dinner we didnt worry about the rest of the cruise..

Re- the priority boarding. When we cruised on Diamond Princess last month we were Platinum and it was much quicker to go thru the normal book in area. We actually lined up where it said "Elite and Platinum" but were advised it would be much faster to go thru the normal area. This was correct as we were thru and on and others that were in the Elite/ Platinum line were still in line. Not sure if this is the usual case but was for our cruise..

As said before the free internet is great, my husb and I are both Platinum so we had 500 min(250min ea) and as he doesnt use I had it all, but it was sooooo slow, I would log in on my iphone and it would take forever to load etc... needless to say I used most of it up.. Fiona:)

I was in a suite on the last cruise and the same thing happened ----> the regular line went much quicker than the Elite/Platinum/Suite "priority" line. I'll be platinum on the next cruise, but will check which line is quicker and just go there. ;)

Rant over----------

Oh, I'm with you. It's easier to Google "Princess Platinum Benefits" and get an immediate, definitive answer from Princess than to write a post and wait around for replies. I do understand there's a social aspect to all this, though...

Other favorites: people who, without telling us anything about themselves, ask "I'm going to (place name). What should I do?"

And folks who can't come up with informative thread titles. Case in point: a recent thread titled "Silly question but..." It turned out to be about singing waiters, so why not call the thread "Are there singing waiters?" We're not mind readers, y'know...

Grouchy, huh? And it's not even winter weather here.

Oh, I'm with you. It's easier to Google "Princess Platinum Benefits" and get an immediate, definitive answer from Princess than to write a post and wait around for replies. I do understand there's a social aspect to all this, though...

Other favorites: people who, without telling us anything about themselves, ask "I'm going to (place name). What should I do?"

And folks who can't come up with informative thread titles. Case in point: a recent thread titled "Silly question but..." It turned out to be about singing waiters, so why not call the thread "Are there singing waiters?" We're not mind readers, y'know...

Grouchy, huh? And it's not even winter weather here.

Can I add the thread asking if there is a Princess credit card?! Not if people liked it or if the benefits were useful, just asking if one existed. Google exists for a reason! I dont think it's being grouchy, it's just others lack of common sense many times. Sorry, the weather sucks here too. ;)

At least these threads aren't as bad as another forum I visit for cooking, etc. Many people post "guess what I did today?" or "how many shoes do you have?

I've learned so much here over the years and have enjoyed meeting up with many really fun people from different roll calls. I'm learning to skip over many posts.

We just now became Platinum and I thought that one of the good benefits was getting better Princess insurance for the same price as the lesser quality insurance. No one has mentioned this so I'm wondering if the insurance isn't really that much better or just that not many people buy the insurance from Princess anyway.....

We just now became Platinum and I thought that one of the good benefits was getting better Princess insurance for the same price as the lesser quality insurance. No one has mentioned this so I'm wondering if the insurance isn't really that much better or just that not many people buy the insurance from Princess anyway.....

As others have mentioned, all the benefits are listed on the Princess website or doing a very simple Google search. Here is the page:

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/jsp/memberShipBenefitsForProspect.jsp

Thanks to all who gave kind responses. I am new to Cruise Critic and I appreciate your patience as I navigate through the millions of posts. I realize that I can google Platinum membership (which I have done) but I have learned so much more from your courteous responses then I ever learned from google and/or Princess.

:)

Archived