Concordia News: Please Post Here

kingcruiser1

[quote name='cruiserfanfromct']I agree that this me-first bozo captain was in great SHOCK. Shock, due to the realization of the asinine thing he had just done, the agony of knowing what he should have done or not done instead, the fear of losing his career and the shame of becoming the world-wide poster boy for cowardly behavior.[/quote]

CruiserFan,

Don't forget, he also was in panic mode because his wife was about to learn about his hot babe tryst.....................:eek:

[quote name='sidari']CT .... I understand the damage to AidaBlu was that it was pushed against the pier due to the wave created as the Costa ship went by.[/QUOTE]

The Captain was merely standing on the bridge maneuvering the Costa Concordia on the advice of a local pilot when, as a result of God commanding the sea to be separated from the land thousands of years ealier, a wave was formed and next thing you know, Aida Blu is slammed into a pier in Warnemunde. I wouldn't blame the pilot. I certainly wouldn't blame the Captain. I wouldn't blame the wave. I wouldn't even blame the ocean. I'd blame God. :D

[quote name='TheBestIsYetToCome']The Captain was merely standing on the bridge maneuvering the Costa Concordia on the advice of a local pilot when, as a result of God commanding the sea to be separated from the land thousands of years ealier, a wave was formed and next thing you know, Aida Blu is slammed into a pier in Warnemunde. I wouldn't blame the pilot. I certainly wouldn't blame the Captain. I wouldn't blame the wave. I wouldn't even blame the ocean. I'd blame God. :D[/QUOTE] Aren't you being a bit harsh with poor Schettino? :rolleyes: Heard he just got a great promotion as Captain of the Gondola at the Venetian Hotel in Vegas. :p

I didn't find my original set of pics. I've never transferred a site. The last thing I did was search "costa concordia pictures in july" Some sites came up . The best I can do is give you a bunch of letters. One was news.daylife.com/topic/Costa_Concordia?_site=daylife. Another was [URL]http://news.daylife.com//topic/Costa_Concordia[/URL]. (Where did that come from?)
Then [URL]http://news.terra.com/costa-concordia-six-months-after-the-tradgedy[/URL].

One more [URL]http://mediagallery.usatoday.com/Costa+Concordia[/URL]

I didn't highlight these, they just came up. Hope they work!

[quote name='cruiserfanfromct']Aren't you being a bit harsh with poor Schettino? :rolleyes: Heard he just got a great promotion as Captain of the Gondola at the Venetian Hotel in Vegas. :p[/quote]

But can he sing "O Solo Mia........." ?

[quote name='Uniall']But can he sing "O Solo Mia........." ?[/QUOTE] No need - the only captain job this man will ever get is captain of a row boat WITHOUT passengers. The ghost of Schettino will be forever chanting:
Row, row, row your boat,
Gently down the stream.
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily,
Concordia WAS but a dream.

[quote name='cruiserfanfromct']No need - the only captain job this man will ever get is captain of a row boat WITHOUT passengers. The ghost of Schettino will be forever chanting:
Row, row, row your boat,
Gently down the stream.
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily,
Concordia WAS but a dream.[/quote]

Excellent little ditty. It has a lovely lilt to it............LOL

RIP - the 32 victims of the Concordia disaster.

An entirely avoidable event -- the result of one man defying safety rules and regulations, jeopardizing the lives of the over 4,000 men, women and children in a display of utter unimaginable incompetence and cowardice in order to stroke his overblown ego.

[quote name='cruiserfanfromct']RIP - the 32 victims of the Concordia disaster.

An entirely avoidable event -- the result of one man defying safety rules and regulations, jeopardizing the lives of the over 4,000 men, women and children in a display of utter unimaginable incompetence and cowardice in order to stroke his overblown ego.[/quote]
We are aware of Concordia, that's why we are here!
We can still bless those affected in Denver;)

[quote name='RuthlessBoss']We are aware of Concordia, that's why we are here!
We can still bless those affected in Denver;)[/QUOTE]Absolutely, RB. We can also bless the victims and their families of this horrific event as well as those in Tuscaloosa, Alabama where a gunman stood outside of a crowded downtown bar and opened fire.

[quote name='cruiserfanfromct']Looks like the second pre-trial hearing scheduled for tomorrow, July 21, will be postponed until September.

[URL]http://www.asca.it/news-Costa_Concordia__domani_udienza_incidente_probatorio__verso_rinvio-1179087-ATT.html[/URL][/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]I thought I read that one day last week. Later when I went to get the link to bring it here, I couldn't find it. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='SomeBeach'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]I thought I read that one day last week. Later when I went to get the link to bring it here, I couldn't find it. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE] From what I understand, the four experts appointed by the judge to piece together the contents of the black box, other instruments and video to reconstruct the accident are not ready with their report and have officially asked the court for an extension. They will still convene tomorrow but only to announce the date of the postponement.

This article also reports that the 2 missing bodies are likely trapped underneath the ship and can only be located when the ship is righted. How sad.

[url]http://www.la****one.it/grosseto/cronaca/2012/07/20/746888-giglio-concordia-carico-rovescia-mare-naufragio.shtml[/url]

[COLOR="Navy"]Costa reports brisk business

"Dangling big deals, Costa Cruises says bookings have jumped significantly."[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][B]Deals are still abundant on the cruise line’s website, with fares listed below $100 a day. A seven-night sailing offered throughout September that calls on ports in Greece, Croatia and Montenegro is listed for $399 per person — 81 percent off the list price.[/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Navy"]I wonder what this is going to do to their bottom line? [/COLOR]

Read more here: [url]http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/07/19/2902806/costa-reports-brisk-business.html#storylink=cpy[/url]

[quote name='cruiserfanfromct'][COLOR=navy]Costa reports brisk business [/COLOR]

[COLOR=navy]"Dangling big deals, Costa Cruises says bookings have jumped significantly."[/COLOR]

[COLOR=navy]I wonder what this is going to do to their bottom line? [/COLOR]

Read more here: [URL]http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/07/19/2902806/costa-reports-brisk-business.html#storylink=cpy[/URL][/quote]

I think if you book one of their cruises with port calls in Egypt, Costa Cruises pays you $100 per day...............LOL

[quote name='Uniall']I think if you book one of their cruises with port calls in Egypt, Costa Cruises pays you $100 per day...............LOL[/QUOTE] Their New England and Canadian port calls apparently don't fair any better. Maybe you can negotiate $200 per day, no departure taxes and a OBC.

[url]http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=68612[/url]

Ooooops - that s/b "fare" not "fair" above. Too late for the edit button.

This is what happened a couple of hears ago when Costa docked in Egypt.

[url]http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=3710[/url]

That New England cruise (CC member review in link in previous post) is looking much better after all..... :eek: Edited by cruiserfanfromct

The deals must just be to tempt Americans to Europe, those offers are nowhere near what is being asked in the UK!

CT ... difference is both in Columbine and Aurora the killers set out to do just that .... Schettino on the other hand did not!

[quote name='sidari']The deals must just be to tempt Americans to Europe, those offers are nowhere near what is being asked in the UK!

CT ... difference is both in Columbine and Aurora the killers set out to do just that .... Schettino on the other hand did not![/QUOTE]
Sid, I'm not sure why you keep repeating the obvious. Schettino is facing manslaughter due to gross negligence which is different than first-degree premeditated murder.

What on earth do Columbine and Aurora have to do with the Concordia disaster? Am I missing something? :confused: