Princess' Wine Bottle Package

cruzinchris

I bought the package on the Star 4/3, they didn't ad any tip. WARNING!!!! Don't lose your card like I did the second day. The section captian made me feel like a criminal. It took 3 days to investergate and get a new card. They wouldn't give us any wine till then. Ever our waiter couldn't believe how he acted.

Was this a 10-day (or longer) cruise? Also, are the cards numbered, so we could make a note of the card number?

I bought the package on the Star 4/3, they didn't ad any tip. WARNING!!!! Don't lose your card like I did the second day. The section captian made me feel like a criminal. It took 3 days to investergate and get a new card. They wouldn't give us any wine till then. Ever our waiter couldn't believe how he acted.

Was this a 10-day (or longer) cruise? Also, are the cards numbered, so we could make a note of the card number?
That seems strange that Princess passed up a chance to charge for something. On the 12-day May 24 Pacific Princes cruise, the 12 bottle Gold package was $335. My onboard account was charged $386.40 to include the 15% tip.

I also managed to lose the card and realized it just before we went to dinner; it only had 4 punches on it. Our Headwaiter noticed I looked distraught and asked if there was something he could do. When I told him I had lost the card, he said it was no problem because Passenger Services had a record of my buying the card and every time I signed for the wine, there was a record of the punch. He went off to get a new card issued but also thought to check at the PSD and someone had turned my card in there.

Be sure to sign the card and also print your name on it so no one else can use it. There may also be a place to put your folio number. The cards themselves are not numbered and you do not get it back after the last punch.

WOW!!! that's not the way I was treated. When I was finely given a new card the dining captain said to me, YOU KNOW WE DIDN'T HAVE TO DO THIS!!!! Everyone at my table couldn't believe how he acted.

WOW!!! that's not the way I was treated. When I was finely given a new card the dining captain said to me, YOU KNOW WE DIDN'T HAVE TO DO THIS!!!! Everyone at my table couldn't believe how he acted.

Definitely not good customer service! Sounds filing a complaint would be appropriate.

I also managed to lose the card and realized it just before we went to dinner; it only had 4 punches on it. Our Headwaiter noticed I looked distraught and asked if there was something he could do. When I told him I had lost the card, he said it was no problem because Passenger Services had a record of my buying the card and every time I signed for the wine, there was a record of the punch. He went off to get a new card issued but also thought to check at the PSD and someone had turned my card in there.

When I bought my card on the Ruby they explained that to me in detail. In case I lost it they would be able to show on my record how many bottles I had purchased. I hated the little card though-you'd think they could just tag your room key eletronically or something.

This package is relatively new and not everyone is up to snuff on it. I would certainly have a chat with your Travel Agent about the bad experience you had. Princess strives to give great service and needs to know when it has an EPIC FAIL. As I Travel Agent myself, I'd want to know my client was mistreated, and I'd make sure Princess knew about it.

We participated in this wine offer (being greedy we took the 12 bottle one !) and in my opinion, in overall terms it's a good offer. However a couple of items we will consider next time. We should have thought about how long our cruise was for vs how the numbers of bottles we purchased. We should have also considered that when we went on shore trips, we enjoyed the local beers / wines and did not wish to drink when we got back on board. This almost made us drink more than one bottle a day (oh shame :D but in the interests of ensuring we enjoyed ourselves, we did it).

The offer is for a bottle of wine up to a certain value and funnily enough, some of the bottles within the price range seemed to be unavailable. Yes there was the additional charges and it does get expensive which we found out when we purchased it.

However, all things considered, we would take it up again but maybe the 7 bottle offer and no more ........ hic ........... or maybe not :)

If you are on a b2b, can you continue to use the package purchased the first leg on the second leg?
Paul,

They told us that the card had to be used on that specific cruise. That is why we got the 10-bottle package for the 12-day Holy Land (overnight off ship) and the 12-bottle package for the 12-day Med Collection.

Paul,

They told us that the card had to be used on that specific cruise. That is why we got the 10-bottle package for the 12-day Holy Land (overnight off ship) and the 12-bottle package for the 12-day Med Collection.

Carolyn.

Thanks

We participated in this wine offer (being greedy we took the 12 bottle one !) and in my opinion, in overall terms it's a good offer. However a couple of items we will consider next time. We should have thought about how long our cruise was for vs how the numbers of bottles we purchased. We should have also considered that when we went on shore trips, we enjoyed the local beers / wines and did not wish to drink when we got back on board. This almost made us drink more than one bottle a day (oh shame :D but in the interests of ensuring we enjoyed ourselves, we did it).

The offer is for a bottle of wine up to a certain value and funnily enough, some of the bottles within the price range seemed to be unavailable. Yes there was the additional charges and it does get expensive which we found out when we purchased it.

However, all things considered, we would take it up again but maybe the 7 bottle offer and no more ........ hic ........... or maybe not :)

Your "sacrifice" is duly noted and appreciated! :D

A number of wines were out-of-stock on our Pacific Princes B2B in May. Some of them were part of the Princess Grapevine wine tasting, so maybe people were ordering more of something they had had a chance to taste.

We also asked our Headwaiter about this and he said that wines are not re-stocked in every turn-around port. He thought more wines might be coming aboard in Civitavecchia for the second leg of our cruise, but no such luck.

It is a bit of a shock seeing the 15% added as a lump sum instead of added to each purchase. However, when we ordered a more expensive bottle (e.g., a $48 bottle with the $45 package), we were only charged the difference in the list price (e.g., $3, not $3 + 15%).

Edited by cboyle

The big question is is the issue wine any good or do you have to punch yourself to get it down?
I don't know what you mean by "issue wine." With the wine packages, you do not order from a restricted list; you can order any wine on the regular wine list. Buy a wine you think you will enjoy drinking.

I don't know what you mean by "issue wine." With the wine packages, you do not order from a restricted list; you can order any wine on the regular wine list. Buy a wine you think you will enjoy drinking.

It's a good package and similar to those offered by other cruise lines. I love that you can purchase a higher price wine and only pay the difference. You are not limited in your codices in any way

I'm starting to organize a wine cruise for next year. I'll have to be sure and invite you all LOL

I will be doing the Baltic cruise soon and I'll be the only wine drinker in the family. I know it's not the best way to "treat" wine, but if I bought a smaller package, say 5 bottles, would they hold and recork it for me so I could drink it over several nights?

I will be doing the Baltic cruise soon and I'll be the only wine drinker in the family. I know it's not the best way to "treat" wine, but if I bought a smaller package, say 5 bottles, would they hold and recork it for me so I could drink it over several nights?

No problem. If you don't finish a bottle of wine during dinner, your waiter will store it for you for use at another time or in another dining venue.

No problem. If you don't finish a bottle of wine during dinner, your waiter will store it for you for use at another time or in another dining venue.

You can also request it be brought to you in different areas of the ship, for example if you are at Vines you can request they get your corked wine for you

Does anyone know, if you buy the package can you get the wine at any bar or restaurant? We often have a casual dinner on our deck and would just like to pop to the nearest bar to grab a bottle.

Thanks

You can use the card at any restaurant. We were told it could not be used in the bars.

• 2 weeks later...