Princess' Wine Bottle Package

cruzinchris

Those of you who purchase the wine card - be sure to check your onboard account before leaving the ship. One couple at our dining table bought the wine card (as did we), and on the last night they noticed 3 bottles of wine which they had not ordered or consumed had been charged to their account (in addition to the charge for the wine card). When they mentioned it at dinner on the final night of the cruise, I printed out our folio. There was a charge for an extra bottle of wine on our account also - and we hadn't even been able to drink all 7 bottles, so had asked for the last 2 to take home.

We bought the $29 per bottle Silver wine pkg on the Royal TA in October and checked our acct before we left. Twice we had ordered a $36 bottle and confirmed with the wait staff that we would only be charged the difference. The morning of disembarkation, our bill showed we were charged the full $36 instead of the $7 difference. We got it straightened out, but will always check from now on.

Berni

• 4 weeks later...
We bought the $29 per bottle Silver wine pkg on the Royal TA in October and checked our acct before we left. Twice we had ordered a $36 bottle and confirmed with the wait staff that we would only be charged the difference. The morning of disembarkation, our bill showed we were charged the full $36 instead of the $7 difference. We got it straightened out, but will always check from now on.

Berni

When and where did you purchase you Silver wine package? I would love to have purchased one on our last 7 day cruise. ;) I do not believe that it was ever offered. :confused: I could have saved quite a bit of money as we had wine with every dinner. :eek: "But then I wasn't driving, so who cares."

When and where did you purchase you Silver wine package? I would love to have purchased one on our last 7 day cruise. ;) I do not believe that it was ever offered. :confused: I could have saved quite a bit of money as we had wine with every dinner. :eek: "But then I wasn't driving, so who cares."

I believe it is only offered on cruises of more than 10 days.

We have bought it in the MDR. We have also seen it available the first day outside the buffet where they were also selling soda stickers and coffee cards.

I called Princess TWICE yesterday and NO ONE could answer these questions. Can you have all the wine delivered to your stateroom? OR, do you have to use it in the dining areas? We just want to have it in our room!!!! Golden Princess Jan 30, 2013. Julie and Frank

On the Ocean in September, a table mate often got an extra bottle of wine and took it back to the cabin unopened.

I believe it is only offered on cruises of more than 10 days.

We have bought it in the MDR. We have also seen it available the first day outside the buffet where they were also selling soda stickers and coffee cards.

I've also read that it's only on cruises of 10 days or longer. My experience has been that they don't promote the wine package & I only know about it because of CC & it's probably unknown to others.

Without making passengers aware of it then the wine package option may fail to be successful & dropped. :( They send nearly daily spa promotions to our cabins yet I've never seen any printed material on the wine package. When asking our waiter about it during our 18 days on the Royal he only verbally described it. It would be better to have a printed description to know what the details are of the package.

We want to use it on our March cruise from Buenos Aires to LA but don't know how it would work on the 14 & 17 day b2b cruises. :confused: I'll check with the soda package sellers & our waiter when boarding about the wine package.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I've also read that it's only on cruises of 10 days or longer. My experience has been that they don't promote the wine package & I only know about it because of CC & it's probably unknown to others.

Without making passengers aware of it then the wine package option may fail to be successful & dropped. :( They send nearly daily spa promotions to our cabins yet I've never seen any printed material on the wine package. When asking our waiter about it during our 18 days on the Royal he only verbally described it. It would be better to have a printed description to know what the details are of the package.

We want to use it on our March cruise from Buenos Aires to LA but don't know how it would work on the 14 & 17 day b2b cruises. :confused: I'll check with the soda package sellers & our waiter when boarding about the wine package.

We have gotten the wine package on the first leg of a b2b and continued using it on the second leg.

• 4 years later...

We just got off the Coral Princess on a wonderful 15 day cruise. We didn't see any promotion for the wine package but we're able to purchase it in the dining room on our first night. We purchased 10 bottles and loved it. We had the gold package. We were able to buy wines over the limit and simply paid the few dollar difference. If we had half a bottle left we would have them hold till the next night. If we had less we would refill our glasses and enjoy them in the show although they would have gladly kept them for us. Enjoy!

We tried to buy any wine package on the Emerald princess 3 Dec 17 - 3 Jan 18. They staff said the program had been discontinued. Also, the wine prices had been raised about 21%, before tip, Korbel Champagne went from $28/bottle to $34 before tip.