Princess' Wine Bottle Package

cruzinchris

You can use the card at any restaurant. We were told it could not be used in the bars.

We will be on Emerald in October. My sister and her husband always have wine. This would be a good deal. Is it available on Emerald? Who do you ask once on board? Thanks

We were ont the Emerald April 26 for a 16 day trans Atlantic and when I asked about a wine package there was a lot of rushing around. It ended up being the first day of the wine packages on the Emerald so they brought over a copy of a email that they received that explained it. All the other couples at our table bought packages also. So I would say it's available on the Emerald.

We will be on Emerald in October. My sister and her husband always have wine. This would be a good deal. Is it available on Emerald? Who do you ask once on board? Thanks

Not sure about the Emerald, but on our recent cruise aboard the Caribbean Princess, we purchased the wine package while making our reservations for the Crown Grill. Also, we were approached in the Horizon Court while having lunch about the wine package. Great deal...this was our second cruise taking advantage of the wine package.

Hi All,

My parents have booked onto Crown Princess round the Med sailing on 3rd October and asked me to look into wine for them.

I've looked through and see some people got the package on Crown whilst others didn't, does anyone know whether this is definitely available presently, or has this been rolled out across all Princess ships?

Cheers

sTEVEN

Hi All,

My parents have booked onto Crown Princess round the Med sailing on 3rd October and asked me to look into wine for them.

I've looked through and see some people got the package on Crown whilst others didn't, does anyone know whether this is definitely available presently, or has this been rolled out across all Princess ships?

Cheers

sTEVEN

I got off the Crown last week and asked about the package the first night. We were in Sabatinis that evening. We were told that they didn't have the package. The waiter said they had had it but had discontinued it. It seemed strange to me, but I didn't ask again.

• 3 weeks later...
I just got an offer letter from Princess in the mail and it said they are introducing trials of the new Wine Bottle Package, that it can be pre-ordered at the beginning of your cruise and that it will soon be available on voyages of 11 days or more.

I hope they start to offer it on seven-day voyages. I wonder why they limit it to 11+ day voyages? Must be something to do with the amount which is consumed, relative to the number of days. My guess would be that the amount consumed per day is less on 11+ day cruises.

I just got an offer letter from Princess in the mail and it said they are introducing trials of the new Wine Bottle Package, that it can be pre-ordered at the beginning of your cruise and that it will soon be available on voyages of 11 days or more.

WOW that will be a disappointment. I was hoping to order on my 10 day on the Emerald.

OK plan B.. Bring more with me.

We were able to purchase the wine package on both of our last two cruises, the Crown in February and the Caribbean in July which were both 7 day cruises. We have another cruise booked on the Ruby in December. It will be a disappointment if the wine package is not available for that 7 day cruise.

We sail again this Saturday, and I'm not certain if the package will be available for an 8 day sailing on the Ocean Princess. I was planning on purchasing a small gold package (5 bottles). In my fuzzy math world, I've convinced myself it will be cheaper overall to buy the package than to purchase a couple of bottles in the UK before boarding (UK pound exchange rate). We typically have a couple of bottles in our cabin and enjoy them after returning from port, then split the dining room bottles over two dinners, which would comfortably carry us throughout the cruise. IF we can purchase our favorite bottle for a small price difference, it will be a real bargain. If we can't purchase the package and don't have wine in hand before boarding, I guess we'll have to rethink our strategy for any future cruises.

Anyone have any suggestions for us?

We were able to purchase the wine package on both of our last two cruises, the Crown in February and the Caribbean in July which were both 7 day cruises. We have another cruise booked on the Ruby in December. It will be a disappointment if the wine package is not available for that 7 day cruise.

DH and I had been on the Crown when I started this thread, and we will be on the Ruby in January. I wonder if we could purchase a wine package for a 10-night voyage and have the extra bottles delivered to our stateroom? :) We typically order a bottle with dinner each night and enjoy our own wine in our stateroom. It wouldn't be a problem if we have to take a bottle or two home ;)

I read through this entire thread but didn't see anyone from the CB chiming in on whether or not this was available.

We are on a 7 night cruise on the Caribbean Princess in December -- any thoughts as to whether or not this will be available?

The message directly above yours quotes a poster that says it was on the Caribbean Princess in July and it was a 7 day cruise.

We were ont the Emerald April 26 for a 16 day trans Atlantic and when I asked about a wine package there was a lot of rushing around. It ended up being the first day of the wine packages on the Emerald so they brought over a copy of a email that they received that explained it. All the other couples at our table bought packages also. So I would say it's available on the Emerald.

We really thought the wine card was a good bargain when we sailed on the Crown in Feb. We purchased the Gold package and really thought it was a good value. We're thinking of booking a March cruise on the Emerald so we're hoping to take advantage of this again! I would be disappointed if it's not being offered.

I contacted princess directly to inquire on the wine card. Looks as though they are now offering on all cruises 10 days or longer.

Thanks for the update. Based on previous posts, we were planning to buy the package on our 10 night cruise. KruzPrincess' post had us rethinking our plans. I'm glad to see we can get the package for dining room consumption.

I have not seen any mention of the Aussie cruises and the wine package.
Paul, we got a letter from Princess that said the package would be available on our 14-night Diamond Princess Sydney-Auckland cruise in December. I hope that is correct because it was quite a good deal for us!

Paul, we got a letter from Princess that said the package would be available on our 14-night Diamond Princess Sydney-Auckland cruise in December. I hope that is correct because it was quite a good deal for us!

Yes, I hope it is there for you.

I think I was referring to the Aussie Rules ships - Dawn, Sun and maybe Sea. The Diamond sails on the US rules.