Princess' Wine Bottle Package

cruzinchris

Yes, I hope it is there for you.

I think I was referring to the Aussie Rules ships - Dawn, Sun and maybe Sea. The Diamond sails on the US rules.

Ah! I didn't realize that! Maybe someone else can report on the Aussie rule ships.

We are just off the 8 day European Explorer cruise on the Ocean Princess, and the wine package was not offered. So, maybe they are limiting it to the 10 day+ cruises. I didn't ask why.

I emailed Princess and they actually called me back to clarify! Wine cards are only being offered on cruises equal to or greater than 10 days.

Thanks to everyone for the information re the wine package, costs , wine list, and

added tips info. will be on the Coral in Dec.and daughter and freinds will be on Coral next month , so this is a big help.

Cori

I was on the Pacific Princess from May 12 to June 5, 2012.

Last fall on the Coral Princess, we could not upgrade by paying the difference. This cruise, we did it at least 4 times --- you are charged the higher price, then given a $45 credit. We had the Gold package, but I think the server said you could upgrade from either.

You need to ask your server about the package. They did not volunteer the information and there is no card on the table advertizing it.

Sorry for the delay in responding.

Thank you for the information

I am so confused on all this wine package info so would appreciate some help.

We are on the Diamond leaving Whittier on Sept 21 to Asia. This is our second cruise on princess. I have been going to the cruise personalized and looking for wine packages and can only find single bottle purchases.

So my question is....can we purchase a package or wine card.?? Do I need to call princess or have my TA call about wine packages?

We plan to bring our alloted on board when we sail and enjoy a glass on our balcony before dinner but what else is available?

We have no problem going out and about to various venues on the Diamond for a glass of vino before dinner but our favorite is like I said before is enjoying a glass together on our balcony or room together before dinner!

Thanks for any advice or input.

Happy cruising!

Not offering wine packages on the seven day Golden cruises. I talked personally to Angelo, the Maitre 'd. He said they offer only on Hawaiian 14 day cruises.

doesn't just drive you crazy... they do it on one ship but not on another of the same length....

I was just chatting with the head waiter in the traditional dining room of the star today and he also confirmed wine package is there. Oh well I guess people will just have to get on and figure it out. Thankfully we are on for a 10 day and longer so it will be there.

Vickie

Edited by vickie_bernie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I called Princess TWICE yesterday and NO ONE could answer these questions. Can you have all the wine delivered to your stateroom? OR, do you have to use it in the dining areas? We just want to have it in our room!!!! Golden Princess Jan 30, 2013. Julie and Frank

I called Princess TWICE yesterday and NO ONE could answer these questions. Can you have all the wine delivered to your stateroom? OR, do you have to use it in the dining areas? We just want to have it in our room!!!! Golden Princess Jan 30, 2013. Julie and Frank

We are just off the Golden Princess and purchased a wine package. We did not understand that the wine must be obtained from the dining rooms only. You receive a punch card and must use it in the dining rooms, which during the day are not always open. I thought that if you bought a package which has wines that the bars and room service also offer that you could just call room service or present your card at the bar. We had a suite and had planned to have some meals in our room and wanted to have our own wine with our meal.

To make a long story short, after finding this out, we went to The Crown grill on embarkation evening and asked for 12 bottles to be delivered to our table. They said because they had not unpacked their stock yet, they only had 6 and would deliver the other 6 to our cabin the next day. Well, it was 3 days until we received all the wine. To us the hassle was not worth the savings :(

Does anyone know if this wine package is available on the Diamond Princess???

We just got off the Diamond this past Sunday. I know they had a wine package that was offerred during different times during the cruise. Between the wine we had on board the ship and the wine we bought while we were on shore excursions, we did not sign up for the package. When you're on the ship, I'd check with your waiter who can give you the details. There is also someone we met on Deck 7 in the Atrium that was available to provide information and sign people up. Don't get me wrong, the wine on the ship was excellent...it's just we decided to stop by wine shops while in port to see/experience what they had...which were really good (NOTE: I did not try the Snake/Scorpion wine in Vietnam but our port lecturer did and he said it was sweet...I prefer dry wines).

• 7 months later...

The info here seems to be from 2012. I may have missed more recent information.

Four of us are embarking on the upcoming 24 day Emerald Princess cruise in September 2013 from Berlin to New York.

We always purchase wine packages, most recently on both Royal Caribbean and Carnival, and like the way they are set up.

I see that Princess has or had Silver and Gold packages. Are those still being offered? On Royal Caribbean you could go on their web site and choose the package you preferred while seeing the price as well as the wines included in each package. You can't beat that for convenience.

Hopefully there's a convenient way to do this on Princess. Any current information would be appreciated. Barring that, I guess contacting Princess directly would be best.

Thanks.

• 5 months later...
Thanks for the information.

Even better, for wines that are your favorites, bring them on board. Corkage fee? of course. And if you love wine, you know which line/s have this policy

I'm hoping you're still following this thread, or it's forwarded to your email addy:

We love the big styles of wine: Shiraz/Cabs/Chards and the ones with the big mouth feel. We find that those styles are in the upper end of the $$ on board. And we're going to be on Crown Princess for 7 weeks so I'd like to be able to continue to enjoy wines with dinner. And if we're looking at $45 bottle wines for 7 weeks...well.....

*If prices on board are high, I wouldn't mind investigating bringing multiple cases (two) of wine on board at embarkation.

*We're staying near the beach at a hotel we haven't stayed at before. FLL is unfamiliar to us, so we're trying to find a wine store near the hotel. Consequently we have no idea of how the store/s handle people buying/taking two cases of wine from the store to the ship.

*How did you handle getting them on board and to your room? How do you 'carry them on'? or How do you check them so they get to your room unbroken? Where/when does one pay the $15 corkages?

I can live with paying a $15 surcharge knowing that the wines I like on board are costing $45+. Even with corkage, I'd still save $15 a bottle by buying before embarking.

Brian has mobility issues, so if we just purchase a bottle or two at every port, it could get costly/time consuming trying to chase down liquor/wine stores in each port if we have to go by taxi for just two bottles of wine.

And then there's the added puzzle of being unfamiliar with various wines. Coming from the Great White North, most of the wines we see on listings are unfamiliar to us, so in order to get the biggie mouth feel, it can get costly just working our way through the listings to find one in a style that we like at a reasonable price. Ditto for picking up wine in port. What's the old line...There are only two types of wine..good and bad. If I like it, it's good. If I don't like it, it's bad.

Our email addy is yknot05 at hotmail dot com if you have any suggestions. That's yknot and then the digits zero and five.

Thanks.

This topic went sort of dead...

IS the wine package still alive

We are sailing on the Coral Dec 28th 11 day cruise, is the two bottle limit still enforced or can we bring 4 bottles and pay the corkage. Planning on bringing a decent champagne for new years eve and then a few bottles for drinking on balcony in the evening, a nice port for me and a white cab for the DW

I was the OP on another thread tracking wine package availability. Life sort of got in the way. Although not well promoted, it appears that packages were being offered on the 10+ day cruises in Europe. With ships in the Caribbean doing mostly shorter cruises they might be available on most ships now. Will be glad to start a summary again if people can post experience on the 15 day Hawaii cruises from the West Coast, Emerald 10 day in the Caribbean, Golden and Crown in South America or the Asia cruises (not offered in Australia?)

Edited by IECalCruiser

Those of you who purchase the wine card - be sure to check your onboard account before leaving the ship. One couple at our dining table bought the wine card (as did we), and on the last night they noticed 3 bottles of wine which they had not ordered or consumed had been charged to their account (in addition to the charge for the wine card). When they mentioned it at dinner on the final night of the cruise, I printed out our folio. There was a charge for an extra bottle of wine on our account also - and we hadn't even been able to drink all 7 bottles, so had asked for the last 2 to take home.

Out of curiosity, I checked the prices for the bottles of wine we consumed using the wine card, while at the grocery store today. The wine that Princess charged $29/bottle for, is $5.99/bottle!! :eek:

Next time, we are bringing our own wine and paying the corkage - will still come out ahead.:o