Aft balconies?

Well, that is odd, hopefully in April they have added loungers to the Aft balconies. We have had a few Afts and always had 2 lounge chairs.......even on our Radiance for 63 days, it was great!! A smaller ship has them:confused:

So does the Jewel and it was the new style last week when we were on her.:)

It seems the only ship in the fleet that does not allow lounge chairs on the balconies unless it is the suites,is the Liberty OTS. Sometimes you can possibly get one. I was told it had to do with the safety officer on board this vessel. If that is true hopefully he goes to another line, perhpas NCL. :)

Nope, despite asking nicely, even guest relations, there appears to be a rule only on Liberty where lounge chairs are not allowed on aft balconies except for suites. This has been reported several times since we sailed on her in 2011 and this was after her dry dock updates too. There was no new balcony furniture for all category of stateroom except for probably suites as you can see from this photo of the RFS next to ours.

5739699402_672808a9b1_z.jpg

Liberty of the Seas May 2011 317 by peteukmcr, on Flickr

Obviously this could have changed, but I know it hadn't by the time we sailed on her on the 14 night westbound TA to Fort Lauderdale in Oct 2011.

Thank you for sharing, which deck was this? We are on deck 9, same room on FOS & I haven't been able to find pictures other than the RC website.

So does the Jewel and it was the new style last week when we were on her.:)

Are you saying they have new furniture on the aft balconies on Jewel? Do you know if it only the JS's on 10, or all the aft balconies? We are in a D2 and it would be great if there was a nice lounger there! If not, I'm bringing my sand chair (I always bring it inside for safety, when Im not sitting out there)

This would make me very happy:D

Yeah, the corner afts have huge balconies! We just got back last Saturday from one on the Jewel.

not all corner afts are the same, look at the deck plans for each ship carefully, the FOS corner cabins are actually smaller... just sayin'

not all corner afts are the same, look at the deck plans for each ship carefully, the FOS corner cabins are actually smaller... just sayin'

Never been on FOS. Our corner aft cabins experiance has been on Granduer, Enchantment, Radiance and Jewel. Should have stated that corner afts on these ships have much larger balconies.

It seems the only ship in the fleet that does not allow lounge chairs on the balconies unless it is the suites,is the Liberty OTS. Sometimes you can possibly get one. I was told it had to do with the safety officer on board this vessel. If that is true hopefully he goes to another line, perhpas NCL. :)
Thanks for the confirmation, we could never find out the full reasoning for the rule whilst on Liberty.

Thank you for sharing, which deck was this? We are on deck 9, same room on FOS & I haven't been able to find pictures other than the RC website.
This is on deck 9 and the photo above of RFS 9708 was taken from our balcony. We were in a category E1 cabin 9706 and this below is a shot of the category E2 cabin 9704 on the other side of us.

5739698972_9c7fc9919a_z.jpg

Liberty of the Seas May 2011 316 by peteukmcr, on Flickr

Navigator-of-the-Seas.jpg

Those are the aft balconies on NOS. We're in one in just three weeks!

We had the corner port side on the seventh floor for the NYE cruise throughout the Caribbean - it was fabulous. Yes there is a lot of steel and you overlook the staff area but it was still the best balcony ever!!! So great that we've booked an aft on the Serenade in April '13. The wake and the sound of the ocean - the sun and sunsets..... You can't beat it. Glad to hear Radiance class has some of the the best aft balconies - I can't wait! BTW - does anyone know the website with the pictures of all the rooms? I had it, now it's gone darnit.

We were in the Royal Family Suite on the AOS.

The same furniture and setup

Take an electric alarm clock with you for the second bedroom as it's totally dark.

While we had more metal to contend with on the AOS we were extremely happy with it.

We never went to the dining room.

Breakfast every morning on deck.

We ordered from room service every night, dining out on the deck but two and we were in Portifinos for those two nights.

It's a great cabin and would book it on every ship in the fleet.

We had the new furniture and 2 lounge chairs as well on our Radiance Aft.....

we have an Aft Liberty booked for April, so was hoping for lounge chairs.......not the new furniture on her yet either I guess?

I would be interested in this as well, as we had a large corner aft cabin in November and were only allowed to have 2 chairs, even though we had 3 persons in the room.

Enjoy your cruise.

I can't believe no one has mentioned 1688 or 1388 on the Voyager class . I was able to get 1688 for the first time on the AOS for April 2013 for our 30th wedding ann. a surprise for my wife...A person on our roll call was like how the heck did you get that , He was like I have been trying everyday , it came open one afternoon and I grabbed it , they room must book up as soon as the dates open up. ......... The famous stripper pole room. :):)

We have the highly coveted cabin 1388 on Adventure in just 23 days! I booked it the very first day the sail date opened up. We are so excited! I am actually glad we have 2 sea days! We hoped to book an aft on AOS for Feb 2013, but they are already booked. At least that is what the website says. If we cant get an aft, I think we will just get an inside. Talk about spoiled??!!

We had the corner port side on the seventh floor for the NYE cruise throughout the Caribbean - it was fabulous. Yes there is a lot of steel and you overlook the staff area but it was still the best balcony ever!!! So great that we've booked an aft on the Serenade in April '13. The wake and the sound of the ocean - the sun and sunsets..... You can't beat it. Glad to hear Radiance class has some of the the best aft balconies - I can't wait! BTW - does anyone know the website with the pictures of all the rooms? I had it, now it's gone darnit.

Choochala, we have this room 7688 booked on Nav next Jan. Do you have any pictures of the balcony? Please tell me there were loungers out there. I can't wait!!

We have the highly coveted cabin 1388 on Adventure in just 23 days! I booked it the very first day the sail date opened up. We are so excited! I am actually glad we have 2 sea days! We hoped to book an aft on AOS for Feb 2013, but they are already booked. At least that is what the website says. If we cant get an aft, I think we will just get an inside. Talk about spoiled??!!

LOL see I knew they went fast , someone must have changed their mind on ours. Was shocked to see it flashing one day. The hardest part is keeping it a secret from my wife for over a year.

LOL see I knew they went fast , someone must have changed their mind on ours. Was shocked to see it flashing one day. The hardest part is keeping it a secret from my wife for over a year.

We have sailed in 1688 on the Mariner twice. The first time we booked, we had an okay balcony but then noticed a price drop for D1 balconies. So, we changed from our E balcony to a D1, grabbed 1688 which someone must have let go just before final payment AND got a $600 price drop. Not too shabby.:p

The second time, we booked about 6 months out and both 1388 and 1688 were available so we went with 1688 since we liked it so much before.

Depending on the sailing, the corner afts aren't always grabbed right away. We have also been able to get a corner aft on the Jewel about 5 months before sailing.

Choochala, we have this room 7688 booked on Nav next Jan. Do you have any pictures of the balcony? Please tell me there were loungers out there. I can't wait!!

There were three loungers, one small table and two regular chairs - still the old furniture but it worked just fine. In fact, it was fabulous! I didn't have to move the loungers around to get the sun, I just moved from one to the other :D I don't have any pictures but it is the one in the picture with the large railing facing the wake as well and the large circle with railing on the side. Loved, loved, loved it! and you will too! we had no problem with the staff - as one poster said, they were sometimes out there drinking coffee or having a smoke - never wafted up to us - and the neighbors were great (our son :D).

I can't believe no one has mentioned 1688 or 1388 on the Voyager class . I was able to get 1688 for the first time on the AOS for April 2013 for our 30th wedding ann. a surprise for my wife...A person on our roll call was like how the heck did you get that , He was like I have been trying everyday , it came open one afternoon and I grabbed it , they room must book up as soon as the dates open up. ......... The famous stripper pole room. :):)

Um... pics??? And is this on all Voyager class ships or just AOS? Haha, I want this room!

Had 1388 last time on Voyager, and my friend was in a "regular" D1 a few doors down. She was flabbergasted that both our rooms were the same category, for the same price. Hey, I tried to get her to book as early as I did! You could throw a party on that balcony, and you gotta love the stripper pole in the room. :p It's just an awesome stateroom.

We'll be on Mariner in 16 days (*dancedancedance*) and this time she booked way early with me. DS & I are in 1388 again, and she and her DS are in 1688. Can't WAIT!!! :D

-gina-

We'll be on Mariner in 16 days (*dancedancedance*) and this time she booked way early with me. DS & I are in 1388 again, and she and her DS are in 1688. Can't WAIT!!! :D

-gina-

We booked a year early and those rooms were both already gone on the Mariner. We took 9692 - which is right below those rooms, and was also the exact same room we had last cruise, and loved it. It's so relaxing in the stern - less wind, bigger balcony, less foot traffic in the hallway. Too many of these threads and our secret will be out!

Mariner balcony cabin 9692

IMG_1362.jpg

IMG_1361.jpg

There were three loungers, one small table and two regular chairs - still the old furniture but it worked just fine. In fact, it was fabulous! I didn't have to move the loungers around to get the sun, I just moved from one to the other :D I don't have any pictures but it is the one in the picture with the large railing facing the wake as well and the large circle with railing on the side. Loved, loved, loved it! and you will too! we had no problem with the staff - as one poster said, they were sometimes out there drinking coffee or having a smoke - never wafted up to us - and the neighbors were great (our son :D).

Thank you so much for your reply!! Anyone with pics of the 'old furniture'? This is our first cruise so I don't really have any reference for this. Are they real loungers or the kind with footrests? I realize this is soooo NOT a big deal - I'm just curious (and very excited!)

Um... pics??? And is this on all Voyager class ships or just AOS? Haha, I want this room!

You will need to do a search on here or google , I have yet to stay in this one just the famous 7388, the HUGE corner one.... That thing is something else , it will hold 15 people plus.... We have it twice , just decided on something different. It is so peaceful the only thing we disliked after dinner we would go back to the room to relax a while and boom we were asleep :o , I spent many a night out there. :)

Thank you so much for your reply!! Anyone with pics of the 'old furniture'? This is our first cruise so I don't really have any reference for this. Are they real loungers or the kind with footrests? I realize this is soooo NOT a big deal - I'm just curious (and very excited!)

When we were on the AOS we had 2 loungers 2 chairs and 1 chair that leaned with the foot rest , if you dont like the type of chairs usually a nice tip $10-$20 depending on what you want will get your room steward to bring you what you want . We have asked for chairs on other ships and in 15 minutes or so we had what we wanted.

The photos I just posted have old lounges in them. The soot from the smokestacks ages them pretty quickly. We just make sure to wipe them down before using them.

Archived