Aft balconies?

Stay away from all the Aft Balconies...they are NO GOOD!

Save them for us;)

LOL yes that is true and least RCI hasn't become greedy or at least not yet , like carnival and started and making them Premium priced. Some are but there are still some bargain cabins back there.

You'll find the nicest aft balconies on the Radiance class of ships: Radiance, Brilliance, Serenade and Jewel. :)

I agree they are nice...had 9256 on Serenade but our favourite ones are the huge balconies of deck 7 corner afts on voyager & Freedom class ships. We have had parties with 25 people out there.

Hi there.

We've got an JS Aft cabin booked on Vision of the seas in June. We've got nr. 8088 with wrap around balcony :)

It's our first cruise ... sooo excited and hoping for some good weather in Northern Europe so we can enjoy our huge balcony.

Anyone have any photos or video on this cabin??? Via google I've found some fab pics!

-2bug-

Thanks for the confirmation, we could never find out the full reasoning for the rule whilst on Liberty.

This is on deck 9 and the photo above of RFS 9708 was taken from our balcony. We were in a category E1 cabin 9706 and this below is a shot of the category E2 cabin 9704 on the other side of us.

Liberty of the Seas May 2011 316 by peteukmcr, on Flickr

Hi Pete! Love the pictures - we will be in cabin 9706 on FOS in exactly 2 weeks, after a year long wait since booking...can't wait to check the balcony out for myself! :D

1388 Adventure Cabin-

1388 Adventure Cabin Balcony-

We stayed 1 year ago in this cabin. This was the best cabin we have had on a cruise. We've sailed in three other aft cabins.

Voyager- 9690

Serenade- 9256

Vision- 7656

We also just booked another aft for our Vision cruise next month- 7654.

The Aft's are the best!

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks you're welcome. I re watch it every time I post also....got the worst case of cruise fever right now!!!!!!!!!! Be sure and look into a hammock. We now use a velcro strap that holds up to 300lbs. One on each end that will wrap around the steel framework. We got them at Home Depot. As you can see, it's worth the trouble to pack! We also use it to hold up our hammock swing on our patio. We bought that in Progresso and the big hammock in Costa Maya.

BecciBoo,

We have aft cabin 7388 on the Navigator, and we have our hammock, but can't find any Velcro straps that say "holds up to 300 lbs", even at the Home Depot! Can you tell me about how long and how wide the straps are that you use? We are leaving in 2 weeks. Can't wait!!

Thought I'd share my recent experience on Jewel Aft Balcony # 8170 and # 8672. These were not next to each other 8172 is between them, and they are in different muster stations (the 81** side of the aft is Port, the 86** side is Starboard). 8172 and 8672 were exactly alike, 8170 had a slightly more curved balcony, and a tiny bit smaller (hardly noticable ). 8168 has a larger slightly wrap around balcony,(standing room only on the port side), and 8668 is a two BR suite. Do not know if the balcony is larger than the one on the port side, but it appears it would be.

All of the aft Balconies we could see on 8 had at least 2 loungers as well as standard chairs and a small low table. The door of 8170 can be seen at the end of the hall as can 8670. 8672 and 8172 are around the corner.

All of the aft balconies have a immovable glass divider between them on one side and an immovable supra structure metal divider on the other side, the metal side allows more privacy, but you can't see through the glass divider, just that the sound travels more. if you are planning to get cabins next to eachother and want the glass between you you can figure out where the glass dividers are based on going every other divider from 8172 and 8672 had a glass divider between them, and 8672 and 8670 has a metal divider.

Here are photos (all of 8672)

See metal supra structure between 8672 and 8670

141750938.jpg

This is the glass divider between 8672 and 8172

141750935.jpg

Interior

141750944.jpg

141750950.jpg

141750955.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Becci, every time you post that video I get all excited even more until I feel like I need to run around screaming to let out the energy!!! I am in 7688 on the Mariner April 1st. I CANNOT WAIT!!!! There is a freaking dance floor out there!

We had 7688 last may on the explorer. That balcony is by far the best I have ever had. You are going to love it.

We had 7688 last may on the explorer. That balcony is by far the best I have ever had. You are going to love it.

OMG - I am in single digits now. I had to stop watching Becci's video because I just get too excited! I am going to need a sedative this time next week! Can't wait to see that balcony in person.

First time on RCCL. So, the dividers between the aft balconies don't open on Brilliance OTS?

See post 90 photos...this is Jewel same class as Brilliance. The Aft balcony dividers are fixed glass on one side and the other side is the steel super structure of the ship. Cannot be opened, but you can see each other fairly easily if you are at the rail.Hope that helps!

See post 90 photos...this is Jewel same class as Brilliance. The Aft balcony dividers are fixed glass on one side and the other side is the steel super structure of the ship. Cannot be opened, but you can see each other fairly easily if you are at the rail.Hope that helps!

Thanks! We'll just pop over to each other's balconies through the hallways then. We've done that before.

We had aft cabins on Brilliance, Mariner and Enchantment. Brilliance D1 cabin 7172 was tremendous with slight wrap around. Mariner was obstructed on Deck 7. Would go higher and for a corner in the future. Enchantment was a center JS aft on Deck 8 that was very nice.

Had a Deck 10 JS aft on our Navigator cruise coming up in May but received an upgrade to mid ship GS.

Some of you find this strange but we will miss the walk to the back of the ship. Helps to justify that extra desert. :)

We had aft cabins on Brilliance, Mariner and Enchantment. Brilliance D1 cabin 7172 was tremendous with slight wrap around. Mariner was obstructed on Deck 7. Would go higher and for a corner in the future. Enchantment was a center JS aft on Deck 8 that was very nice.

Had a Deck 10 JS aft on our Navigator cruise coming up in May but received an upgrade to mid ship GS.

Some of you find this strange but we will miss the walk to the back of the ship. Helps to justify that extra desert. :)

Great thanks! We have 7172 on the Brilliance!

Thanks! We'll just pop over to each other's balconies through the hallways then. We've done that before.

You can easily get spare keys to each others rooms and they re very handy...we don't carry them around just leave them in the cabin for popping back and forth. Because the balconies are so large, we spent a lot of time on them and if our other family members knocked on the door, we couldn't hear them:eek:. SO everyone got spare keys and we could just go over whenever we had agreed to meet or for breakfast on one balcony! We were all gals, no romantic couples;)

Archived