Aft balconies?

Becci, every time you post that video I get all excited even more until I feel like I need to run around screaming to let out the energy!!! I am in 7688 on the Mariner April 1st. I CANNOT WAIT!!!! There is a freaking dance floor out there!

I just returned from the Explorer of the Seas. Had cabin 1688. I always request back of the ship. I sometimes have trouble with sea sickness but hardly anything with a cabin at the back. Cabin 1688 had a pole in the middle of the balcony and it was a little uncomfortable for my husband who is 6'2". However, the positive side is that the balconey is slightly bigger than the ones in the middle.

Can you tell me which room this is? I am considering booking an Aft balcony on Freedom. Thanks!
I maybe wrong but this looks similar to E1 category cabin 9706 we had on Liberty which would be the same on Freedom.

5738920391_4ed246ee96_z.jpg

Liberty of the Seas May 2011 097 by peteukmcr, on Flickr

5738900877_952d5f057c_z.jpg

Liberty of the Seas May 2011 - Small 157 by peteukmcr, on Flickr

5738900323_f94ef69dd1_z.jpg

Liberty of the Seas May 2011 - Small 156 by peteukmcr, on Flickr

5738899629_4eaf8b1e33_z.jpg

Liberty of the Seas May 2011 - Small 154 by peteukmcr, on Flickr

5738919841_7d60e9409d_z.jpg

Liberty of the Seas May 2011 096 by peteukmcr, on Flickr

Can anyone tell me what the aft cabins on Splendour are like please, We have booked 8084 JS cabin,

We had 8080 a few years ago and really enjoyed it. It's on the corner, but doesn't wrap around the ship the way Vision and Rhapsody's wakeview (I like that!) cabins do. The interior of the cabin is a standard JS for the older Vision class ships, which is to say no walk-in closet. The balcony is quite large - I don't know what kind of furniture they'll have on it since we sailed pre-redo.

The only thing that interrupted our enjoyment was that there was a crew deck directly below and they did tend to party hearty. But you couldn't hear it when the balcony doors were closed, and I didn't mind sitting on my balcony and hearing the people who work so hard to bring us a good time enjoying themselves.

Voyager

Yes JS suites between 7388 7688 are bigger and nicer.

The views are better and prices cheaper corner aft though!

What are your activities, where are you going to spend your time, is question in my mine?

7388 and 7688 are second porthole up on photo;

and on the side of the balcony there are no obstructions -O-

when standing at side railings in the two areas.

There is open space to stand at railing where it wraps around

and plus at the large port hole.

Very good views straight back with little obstruction in my mind

We have had 3 lounge and 2 seating chairs and two tables on balcony,

and could probably have put bed also out there still!

We like to have wine parties with friends on the balcony

when leaving ports and there is plenty of room!

Then to the lounges, shows or dinners.

We also enjoy the side views while in port.

And depending on side of ship and time of year there can be sun.

Any JS perks might be important to you! If any you may have?

attachment.php?attachmentid=220222&stc=1&d=1328037705attachment.php?attachmentid=220221&stc=1&d=1328037705attachment.php?attachmentid=220220&stc=1&d=1328037705

Attached Imagesattachment.php?attachmentid=220219&stc=1&d=1328037705attachment.php?attachmentid=220223&stc=1&d=1328037705

292062816_IPhonePhotos036.jpg.840bbacc445c971a5d3fbe3572e95acc.jpg

1394822013_IPhonePhotos043.jpg.df9010c14ee35fb1999ba710f06d3d05.jpg

464072815_IPhonePhotos125.jpg.8aab7f08eb7282442fe7f5a35ec9a56c.jpg

Becci, every time you post that video I get all excited even more until I feel like I need to run around screaming to let out the energy!!! I am in 7688 on the Mariner April 1st. I CANNOT WAIT!!!! There is a freaking dance floor out there!

Thanks you're welcome. I re watch it every time I post also....got the worst case of cruise fever right now!!!!!!!!!! Be sure and look into a hammock. We now use a velcro strap that holds up to 300lbs. One on each end that will wrap around the steel framework. We got them at Home Depot. As you can see, it's worth the trouble to pack! We also use it to hold up our hammock swing on our patio. We bought that in Progresso and the big hammock in Costa Maya.

On our first trip with the Adventure of the Seas we were placed in a Junior Suite, I think the 9th or 10th floor, well anyway all 4 of us stated that the balcony area was wonderful and the view was great, but we all felt it was a very long walk to everything we did, so thereafter we told our travel agent not to place us in another one. BTW, other than my mother-in-law, who could out-walk any of us, we are all in great shape, etc.

Good Luck whatever you do, have a wonderful trip. Ron M

On our first trip with the Adventure of the Seas we were placed in a Junior Suite, I think the 9th or 10th floor, well anyway all 4 of us stated that the balcony area was wonderful and the view was great, but we all felt it was a very long walk to everything we did, so thereafter we told our travel agent not to place us in another one. BTW, other than my mother-in-law, who could out-walk any of us, we are all in great shape, etc.

Good Luck whatever you do, have a wonderful trip. Ron M

Yes, that is the only drawback I can think of...I do sometimes get tired of that long walk and you can't get anywhere quickly, BUT just look at that video again!!! I think it's worth it!

I maybe wrong but this looks similar to E1 category cabin 9706 we had on Liberty which would be the same on Freedom.

5738920391_4ed246ee96_z.jpg

Liberty of the Seas May 2011 097 by peteukmcr, on Flickr

5738900877_952d5f057c_z.jpg

Liberty of the Seas May 2011 - Small 157 by peteukmcr, on Flickr

5738900323_f94ef69dd1_z.jpg

Liberty of the Seas May 2011 - Small 156 by peteukmcr, on Flickr

5738899629_4eaf8b1e33_z.jpg

Liberty of the Seas May 2011 - Small 154 by peteukmcr, on Flickr

5738919841_7d60e9409d_z.jpg

Liberty of the Seas May 2011 096 by peteukmcr, on Flickr

No lounge chairs?:(

This post couldn't come at a better time - we're sailing on the AOS in about 10 days and we have a JS 7694. I've read complaints about the superstructure and have been a little bummed about it for quite some time.

BecciBoo - you're hammock idea is awesome! I don't know if it'll work for our balcony since we're more toward the middle. But thanks so much for posting. I'm excited again!!

Just how early do you need to book in order to get one of these aft balcony cabins? I've looked a year out on certain sailings and don't see any available.

Well, I can't speak for booking them originally, but we just got ours last week and our cruise is 2/26/12. So less than a month! I believe we just had good timing. I called my TA for an upgrade when the prices dropped and probably close to the time I did that whoever had our cabin upgraded to something else.

We have 6690 which I know is a little odd with that deck sticking out of there, but I'm still excited about it!

Btw, does anyone know what that deck is? I see it in pictures and I can't tell *why* it's there. Can we walk out onto it?

That was my thought as well!?!?!? I'm not looking for a larger balcony, just for the larger size... I was wanting lounge chairs!!!!! Do they exist on the enchantment? This could help make the decision about upgrading or not.

We had the new furniture and 2 lounge chairs as well on our Radiance Aft.....

we have an Aft Liberty booked for April, so was hoping for lounge chairs.......not the new furniture on her yet either I guess?

What was the aft cabin like on the Enchantment? We are booked in a JS aft, and have never been that far back on a ship.

Two friends and I had a corner JS aft on Enchantment. It was amazing. The porch was huge- one of my friends took her naps on it! Unfortunately Hurricane Ida tried to climb up there with us but we survived and still loved our cruise.

No lounge chairs?:(
Nope, despite asking nicely, even guest relations, there appears to be a rule only on Liberty where lounge chairs are not allowed on aft balconies except for suites. This has been reported several times since we sailed on her in 2011 and this was after her dry dock updates too. There was no new balcony furniture for all category of stateroom except for probably suites as you can see from this photo of the RFS next to ours.

5739699402_672808a9b1_z.jpg

Liberty of the Seas May 2011 317 by peteukmcr, on Flickr

Obviously this could have changed, but I know it hadn't by the time we sailed on her on the 14 night westbound TA to Fort Lauderdale in Oct 2011.

That was my thought as well!?!?!? I'm not looking for a larger balcony, just for the larger size... I was wanting lounge chairs!!!!! Do they exist on the enchantment? This could help make the decision about upgrading or not.
As mentioned, apparently not allowed on Liberty, but cannot speak for other ships.

We had lounge chairs on aft JS balcony on Enchantment on our cruise in March of last year.

@Jebuell - the gray area in front of your cabin is not accessible to you. In 10 days I never saw anyone on it at all:) It is actually the roof for the crew area on deck 5 below you. I have seen people say that the crew is noisy and they party hearty, but I did not experience that in December. When I was up in the early morning or late at night, I would see some crew members beyond the roof line smoking a cigarette or drinking coffee, but that was about it:)

There are loungers on Voyager and Mariner in the wraps. Ours were the old ones, not the new wicker looking ones. Ours were the convertables where the leg portion tucks in under the seat. 2 of those and 2 chairs plus the table. When we had 8692 Voyager(smaller balcony) there were 2 convertables as well. This pic is of 8692 which was the E1 right next to the Family Suite

2cctjz6.jpg

Well, that is odd, hopefully in April they have added loungers to the Aft balconies. We have had a few Afts and always had 2 lounge chairs.......even on our Radiance for 63 days, it was great!! A smaller ship has them:confused:

Archived