Another lie by Royal Caribbean to a guest

I am not sure what you are saying.

To be clear, what I was saying was that every RCI Ship I have ever sailed on has had Caffeine Free Diet Cola in cans on board and has provided it to me when I asked. Sometimes it was free when I showed my Soda Card, and sometimes I was charged for it.

But it is on board the RCI Ships, somewhere!

And sometimes when I asked in a bar they said they didn't have it. But I kept checking the other bars until I found a bar tender willing to get it for me and stock it for me for the remainder of my cruise.

How interesting. I will see if they have it on my next cruise. :D

I am not sure what you are saying.

To be clear, what I was saying was that every RCI Ship I have ever sailed on has had Caffeine Free Diet Cola in cans on board and has provided it to me when I asked. Sometimes it was free when I showed my Soda Card, and sometimes I was charged for it.

But it is on board all RCI Ships, somewhere!

And sometimes when I asked in a bar they said they didn't have it. But I kept checking the other bars until I found a bar tender willing to get it for me and stock it for me for the remainder of my cruise.

You missed my apology as I quoted the wrong person!!

Sorry again!!!:o

maybe she was a huge bridezilla and scared them too much. j/k

my educated guess would be if they were purchased through the cruise line (so they had the proper documentation, same as the food the purchase)??

Oh and we weren't allowed to bring the wedding cake off the ship too. What a complete waste of food, a three tier cake and probably have of it was thrown out because none of my family was allowed to take it off the ship.

not being allowed to bring your own flowers on (or off the ship), is EXACTLY because of the dept. of agriculture

There is does nto federal regulation preventing you from takings flowers on board at the original embarkation port. You CANNOT bring flowers on board at ports of call. You also CANNOT take them off when you debark. Or when you get off a port of call.

As per Carnival

"Flowers and Plants: May be brought on board in the port of embarkation but are not permitted to be taken off the ship in the United States, per the U.S Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) Agricultural Division."

There is does nto federal regulation preventing you from takings flowers on board at the original embarkation port. You CANNOT bring flowers on board at ports of call. You also CANNOT take them off when you debark. Or when you get off a port of call.

As per Carnival

"Flowers and Plants: May be brought on board in the port of embarkation but are not permitted to be taken off the ship in the United States, per the U.S Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) Agricultural Division."

And this was indeed embarkation day for both me and the other bride. There were definitely a lot of rules that I am not completely sure were true or perhaps not being enforced.

Someone a couple of pages back asked what happens in the naughty room. Here is my experience:

Last March DH and I cruised on Allure. We had three pieces of checked luggage. By our early dinner time, we had only two of the pieces. Went to dinner not worried (we know it made it to the ship with us). Came back to the cabin after dinner and had a message waiting for us that we should go down to the security room about our luggage.

Went down there -- with loads of other people. It's not a very large room, but it was filled with luggage and uniformed crew members (some looked like officers). We had to find our bag. Crew member put it on a table, and I had to open it (it was locked). They had found my unopened bottle of mouthwash and unopened bottle of fluoride rinse!! We all had a good laugh. They pointed out the table behind them that was covered in contraband bottles -- Pepsi bottles that were filled with not-Pepsi-looking liquid, wine bottles, bottles of alcohol, etc. Didn't see any unopened soda cans, however.

To the OP: I'd carry on a couple of six packs or one of those 12-can fridge packs of your preferred brand. The worst that can happen is that they take it from you, but you'll just be out a few cans of soda. How about some Crystal light or something like that?

Fortunately, I'm okay with regular Diet Coke (which I get every night with its friend, Captain Morgan).

And I agree with everyone about CSAs. This is the same discussion over at Walt Disney World discussion boards. If you don't like the answer you receive from the first rep, just wait a few minutes and call back. And we, the customer, always know more about Disney World then most of these folks do. Still...it's a hard job, and I'm glad I don't have to do it.

Someone a couple of pages back asked what happens in the naughty room. Here is my experience:

Last March DH and I cruised on Allure. We had three pieces of checked luggage. By our early dinner time, we had only two of the pieces. Went to dinner not worried (we know it made it to the ship with us). Came back to the cabin after dinner and had a message waiting for us that we should go down to the security room about our luggage.

Went down there -- with loads of other people. It's not a very large room, but it was filled with luggage and uniformed crew members (some looked like officers). We had to find our bag. Crew member put it on a table, and I had to open it (it was locked). They had found my unopened bottle of mouthwash and unopened bottle of fluoride rinse!! We all had a good laugh. They pointed out the table behind them that was covered in contraband bottles -- Pepsi bottles that were filled with not-Pepsi-looking liquid, wine bottles, bottles of alcohol, etc. Didn't see any unopened soda cans, however.

To the OP: I'd carry on a couple of six packs or one of those 12-can fridge packs of your preferred brand. The worst that can happen is that they take it from you, but you'll just be out a few cans of soda. How about some Crystal light or something like that?

Fortunately, I'm okay with regular Diet Coke (which I get every night with its friend, Captain Morgan).

And I agree with everyone about CSAs. This is the same discussion over at Walt Disney World discussion boards. If you don't like the answer you receive from the first rep, just wait a few minutes and call back. And we, the customer, always know more about Disney World then most of these folks do. Still...it's a hard job, and I'm glad I don't have to do it.

Thanks so much. =) I think I'm gonna buy a 12 pack in Ft. Lauderdale and try to get it on. If it doesn't work. . . to the naughty room I go. =)

I'd feel differently if they charged . . .say. . $2 for a can. I have heard on the Oasis Ships they are $4 with 15% gratuity totaling 4.60 per soda.

Thanks so much. =) I think I'm gonna buy a 12 pack in Ft. Lauderdale and try to get it on. If it doesn't work. . . to the naughty room I go. =)

I'd feel differently if they charged . . .say. . $2 for a can. I have heard on the Oasis Ships they are $4 with 15% gratuity totaling 4.60 per soda.

Careful with the cans. Carry them on, otherwise the way they handle the luggage you may have an unpleasant experience such as denting/ exploding cans in your luggage.

Department of Agriculture...lol that's a good one.

Since it's such a specific answer, I have to wonder if the representative dreamed it up themselves, or if it's not in some Standard List of Answers that the representatives have.

It is my experience that RCCL (and I am a loyal customer) is famous for passing the buck and telling you whatever will get you out of their hair and on to someone else. I think they really do have a "List of Answers aka Excuses" that they routinely use to get you off their case and on to someone else's. At times it is very annoying. However, I do like their product for the most part and so I keep going back hoping that I don't encounter any problems.

Archived