Am I the only on who has NEVER had a complaint about a Carnival cruise???

amyj23

Okay, I have several questions for you guys... I keep reading comments on here about problems they've had on ships. Am I perhaps easy to please? I've always found that all staff on the ships, no matter where they were working, were above and beyond what I expected. Does anyone else feel that way? Also, people will say that they had good service on a specific ship. Well, that doesn't really mean much, because there are staff members that change each time the ship pulls into port. So the staff/entertainment/cruise director, etc could change from one week to the next. So to say "The service on the Dream was great, I highly recommend booking that ship in six months!" doesn't really make sense. Right? It's one thing to say that you like Carnival over RCL. I mean, they're different companies with different policies. So that could mean actual differences in service. And same thing about the food. We've sailed on three different Carnival ships, and the menu was the same each time, and the meals were the same from ship to ship -- and very delicious! How can you make the blanket statement that one ship's food was better than another? That's like saying Red Lobster in my town is better than in another town. I mean, they follow the same protocol from ship to ship! I think some people are picky or like to complain. Am I making any sense?

You are making sense. Our one real complaint was our table on the Dream- we had a terrible place and not so great waitress- in fact, she was pretty awful. But you are right- next group that sails her are unlikely to have this waitress.

In my neck of the woods, don't eat Domino's - go for Pizza Hut. In my sister's neck of the woods don't eat Pizza Hut - go for Domino's. Although the same chain, not the same managers, cooks, help, etc. Same with Carnival ships - same chain, not the same staff, cooks, cruise director, etc. Too many tangents that can change over time. (Pizza Hut used to be a lot worse than Domino's in my town 15 years ago).

But I am with you and my mom always said I was an easy child to please. I have been on two Carnival cruises and service and food were both excellent. I did have one issue with a ship sponsored excursion this past trip, but that had nothing to do with the Liberty or its staff.

Sure I've had bad service from time to time, I've had some less than stellar meals, had to deal with obnoxious people, chair hogs, drunks, poor organization etc. Have I ever let it ruin MY cruise? Never. Nothing is perfect. I love Carnival with all its faults.

We have had no complaints that would stop us from having a great holiday. The crew and staff on the ships have always been friendly and helpful. Our family goes on a vacation to have fun and to enjoy each and every moment - that is exactly what we do. :)

I don't remember having any complaints about my 2 Carnival cruises. I thought the food and service was wonderful. :) Maybe I'm easy to please because I don't remember anything bad about my other cruises either. I don't like the long lines and crowds involved with getting on and off the ship but I don't see how it could have been handled a whole lot better with that many people.

Maybe its luck of the draw .. Ive only had one cruise I think the staff handled things so poorly I almost never did Carnival again, except I was locked in for future cruises with ES and had friends on cruises I wanted to cruise with.

Ive done close to 20 more or less CCL ships, you have done 3.

3 is not so many, maybe you just never ran into a problem. Ive had more than 3 cruises with zero complaints on Carnival. Ive had terrific cabin stewards, and again .. one that stunk. Also the best one on any cruiseline on Carnival.

Everyone's experiences are different, so just because you never ran into a problem or had a complaint .. don't assume no one else has one that is valid. Ive also run into types who flame you if you complain. They dont seem to have any listening ability to me as they kept saying things that had zero to do with my complaints.. they just are cheerleaders.

The only complaints we have had on our two cruises are as follows:

Triumph: main show lounge was way too cold. Had to wear a sweatshirt. The big screen on lido deck was way too loud. Could not talk to your neighbor without shouting.

Legend: the port of Grand Cayman was closed due to high winds.

The only complaints we have had on our two cruises are as follows:

Triumph: main show lounge was way too cold. Had to wear a sweatshirt. The big screen on lido deck was way too loud. Could not talk to your neighbor without shouting.

Legend: the port of Grand Cayman was closed due to high winds.

I guess that's what I mean, though. Um, Carnival can't control high winds. So that has nothing to do with Carnival. That's simply a disappointment. And if the screen on lido is too loud, go to a different pool. And I am always hot, so I'm happy to bundle up in a cold room.

Oh, and for the record, I've been on four Carnival cruises, three different ships. (We did a B2B on the Dream.) Maybe I forgive the little things because I'm having such an amazing time. But I'm not a picky eater, and I admire how hard the people work on those boats. I've seen jerks abuse the women at the purser's desk. There are some people who find a reason to complain about anything, anywhere. And they probably don't even know that they are those people... Well, I hope that I really am just easy to please, because I don't want to think that we'll start to experience disappointment after we've been on more cruises. I'm too optimistic to think like that...

I have only had one complaint on the cruises I have been on. Well actually it was the person I was with.

She was in the restroom on the lido deck and was in a stall that lock was broken. She proceeded to take her bathing suit down to relieve herself as she really needed to go. Mid relief a male employee walked in on her in the stall. He never announced himself or anything. Saw everything.

We wrote and email to Carnival telling them to change there policy about opposite sex in the restrooms. The assured us they communicated with the ships management so it will not happen again, and they offered they apologizes. Hardly worth the time to write the email, but at least maybe it wont happen to someone else.

I too have loved all of my cruises. Looking back, I feel they were close to perfection. Nothing happened that would soil my cruise memories.

I have one memory of a waiter/team that never filled my tea glass. After dinner, I would just head up to the lido deck & quench my thirst.

I get a chuckle out of most of the complaints. I mean, really, blaming Carnival when it rains, it's cold, or the port was closed due to safety concerns... I just don't get it.

Just try taking Mother Nature to court if you can find her. LOL!!!:D

How can you make the blanket statement that one ship's food was better than another?

We've received Mac and Cheese as sides on different entrees. It was just OK. And yet on one ship, the Mac and Cheese was unbelievably good. Very cheesy and very creamy. I didn't know such a normally just OK dish could be so fantastic.

I don't even remember which ship had that fantastic M & C. I've had it since and back to just OK...as if they just opened another Kraft package.

So certain foods can be different from ship to ship.

Amy, you're not the only one. I had no complaints on my two cruises (other than the fact that I threw my back out the day before we left for the last one and I was in pain the whole trip - but that had nothing to do with the Cruise line or the ship!).:eek:

My hubby complained about the food in the Lido buffet a couple of times, but he's a picky eater anyway so we stuck with the MDR for most meals and he was a happy camper.

I was content throughout both of my cruises. Maybe I'm easy to please also, lol.

:o

Amy,

Been to McDonald's lately and had them get everything right? Gone to the pharmacy and gotten your medicine quickly? Been on a cruise and had everything go right? Well, I guess I know the answer to that last one, but I bet the answer to the first two is the same as well.

The problem is we, as a society, like to find fault in things. We like to complain. I know I have written more letters of complaint than letters of gratitude. That is why we see way more complaints on here than glowing reviews.

What is funny is our lives would be so much better and happier if we took the time to reflect on the good things and let the bad ones go. I actually took the time at a fast food restaurant the other day to tell the manager that the cashier did an exceptional job, and it made me feel good.

Thanks for bringing all of this into perspective for me right before we take our 4th cruise. A friend gave me advice before I took my family to Disney for the first time. He told me to put myself into "vacation mode". To know that things were going to happen that could make me upset in my day to day life and to choose to not let them ruin my vacation. It worked, Disney was one of the best vacations I have ever been on.

I needed this reminder as do most of us before we take a vacation. Don't sweat the small stuff, enjoy life, and have a blast with your family!:D

When I "complained" earlier about Grand Cayman being closed, apparently some people thought I was actually being serious. I do realize that it was not Carnival's fault that the port was closed. ;) For the record on the Legend, we had no complaints at all.

After 12 Carnival cruises, we have had very few complaints. Do a few small things go wrong or not work out, of course, does it ruin our cruise, absolutely not! We move on to the next fun thing and forget about it, as we do in life. We have had some great crew (stewards, waiters, etc), that others complain about, but then we see how they treat them, like their personal servants, no wonder they only get an average response from them. If you treat them like hard working people and are friendly, they will bend over backwards for you.

I have always cruised carnival and I love them, and I have never had a complaint except not wanting to leave the ship. The only reason I am not cruising on carnival is because I want to experience other cruise lines since i have only known Carnival. I love the fun ship:)

Any wise company (and particularly one that hopes to survive for many decades to come) welcomes complaints from its customers.

Even a thing that I might consider a minor irritation is important to the cruise line if the same issue comes up with many other customers. And a wave of severe criticism cannot be neglected without eventually harming the company's bottom line. Look at how many companies have deservedly folded in this economy due to the quality of their products, services, or treatment of customers.

If a company is smart, it is constantly gauging the responses of customers and balancing the cost/benefit of resolving those issues.

And if a company gets a negative reputation for some aspect of its service, smart competitors are always ready seize on those weaknesses in their own marketing and self-promotion.

I've been on 8 cruises 7 with Carnival. I've always had a wonderful time but I cruise with family and friends and my wonderful DH. I love making memories and Carnival fulfills that need.

All of that said, I have read reviews that SCARE me. Things I know would RUIN my vacation. Plumbing in bathrooms not working for the entire cruise and air conditioning or noise issues. Getting up in the middle of the night and needing to go to a public bathroom, room temps of 80 degrees, being unable to sleep because of noise. These issues would cause me to COMPLAIN.

I think some folks complain about minor or trivial issues. I also think the Carnival Cheerleaders often get carried away minimizing legit complaints. Of course this is all MHO.

Archived