Enchantment of the Seas Delayed at Cruise Maryland

Radio

Went up to the port to see the Pride as it was pulling in along side Enchantment. Probably not the best picture, because it is with my cell phone and also I'm not the best at posting things here, but here it is. Could only get it in a thumbnail. Not sure how to do it bigger.

Here is one way to make it bigger ...

attachment.php?attachmentid=222438&d=1329664488

In my opinion only, the ship is like being at a stationary resort. So, what is the difference if you're at the hotel resort in one place, or on the ship in port, not moving in one place.

So many people complain or argue over every little thing others say. No wonder why the world is so different.

That one poster who complained about everything probably hates life in general, and would or will probably complain about everything on the ship thinking the world owes her a favor.

I'd b e happy on that ship for 9 nights whether it left port or not because once on the ship, it's like being at a resort and unless you walked off the ship, you'd never have any idea where you are anyway. I think it would have been funny if the Captain just sailed away and went in small circle over and over. I bet most of the complainers would not have any idea they were still in the same spot.

Perfectly said! Two different times while on an absolutely oerfect cruise we overheard someone loudlky complaining that NOTHING was good or right about the cruise. There are those that just will never find cruising enjoyable (if they find anything good at all in life) and those people would do well to do us a favor and not cruise again! Take the train or plane! :cool::D:rolleyes:

is it normal to have 2 tugs following the eos? Or is this part of the trials? noticed it on http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/

No, it's not normal.... The tug Harriet Moran has been with the Enchantment since she let the dock. Having a tug stand by when docking minus one propeller would be considered "normal".

Following her past that is a little more unusual, but not unheard of.... right now (1155EST) the ENOS and the Harriet Moran are creeping along off of Annapolis at 2 knots. Hopefully, any testing will be quick, and she'll be on her way.

Aloha,

John

It is unfortunate, but things do break down or go wrong.

- Car won't Start

- Passengers forget to bring Passports

- Home Appliances Fail

- Home A/C Fails

- Costa Concordia hits a Rock andSinks

- Two Space Scuttles Blow Up in Flight

It seems that these days, everyone expects "Instant Gratification" and I believe we are worse off because of this.

All the Captain knows is that his ship is broken and he is not sure why. I am confident the engineers and crew are doing all that they can. But while attempts to resolve the problem continue, the Captain has called in expert assistance.

My best wishes to the passengers and crew onboard the ship.

Patience is a virtue!

And isn't great that they discovered this while in port and not out at sea when something bad/worse could have happened? Can you imagine all the winers then? I'm glad they were able to take care of the problems and are now underway. Happy cruising to all!

The EOS has left Baltimore with the help of a tug:

Did you have a photo of this? Would love to see it (I'm a tug person)

Hmmmm, just looked and the speed is just a tad over 2 knots. Hope the tests are going as they hoped?? The tug Harriet Moran is still shadowing the EN.

Where did you see this? Would love to watch as well.

Hello everyone. . . TPKeller convinced me to go down to the pier to see both ships at port. . . Oh well, I suggested. . .I guess I can go down.

I arrived just as Carnival Pride was being tied up. Enchantment started to pull away shortly after I arrived.

On the way home I stopped off at Fort Armistead Park to see her sail out into the Bay. .

I really hope all passengers on board will be able to enjoy their cruise, as I really live to sail on Enchantment of the Seas.

Here are a few pics from this morning. . .

Thanks for tuning in. . .

Landlocked until May 2012. . .

Radio

I arrive down at Cruise Maryland, just as Carnival Pride was docking. . .

CM2.JPG

Passengers had already begun Early Debarkation on Pride by 9:20AM

CM4.JPG

I receive a call from the ship as Enchantment starts to pull away

CM3.JPG

She pulls away from the pier slowly to turn around in the basin.

CM5.JPG

Enchantment begins her turn

CM6.JPG

She will naviagate slowly as tugs are assisting her. . .

CM12.jpg

A (I'm a tug person)

Where did you see this? Would love to watch as well.

I was watching @ marinetraffic.com and have the settings to include other vessels.

The good news is the EN is over 4 knots now and the Harriet Moran has headed back to B'more at 10 knots:).

Here are a few more. . .I am sure that TPKeller will post a few as he reurns home on the 27th

Radio

;)

She starts to head east down as the tugs are still attached.

CM7.JPG

So long Enchantment of the Seas. . .have a great Cruise.

CM8.JPG

On the way home, I stop at Fort Armistead Park to see her sail down the Bay.

CM9.JPG

Enchantment of the Seas as viewed from the Francis Scott "KEY" Bridge.

CM10.JPG

I hope she has calm seas as she sails to Florida. . .

MAP21912.JPG

THANKS for the pictures! She is an attractive ship. Just looking at her pictures makes me want to sail her. I did the Grandeur OTS on her Inaugural. It was an amazing time.

We were parked next to her in Labadee on Wednesday and I thought the ship looked like a rusty hole in the wall...

We are currently stopped just south of the Bay Bridge for a planned test of the motor. I'm sure the tugs accompanied us in case we required assistance to return to port. Hopefully the tests will be successful and we will be resuming our voyage soon.

Hi Larry..........you do know how to pick adventurous cruises.:D

Archived