Longest time RCI CC'ers - Still here? Who?

Sequim88

Oh, I just noticed i am a "blue ribbon cruiser" - What do these categories mean?

A "Junior Member" is a new member before they make their first post. At that time they become "Cool Cruiser".

A "Blue Ribbon Cruiser" is a member who has attained 3,000 posts on the Cruise Critic message boards -- at any time. Those who's posting counts do not reflect 3,000 posts may have been "grandfathered"... that is, they attained their status prior to our moving to our new message boards in June 2004.

Those who attain 5,000+ posts on the forums will receive a title of "5,000+ Club". Ditto the 10,000+ level.

Those who have "Charter Member" in front of their club name are those who had attained 5,000 or 10,000 posts on the day that Cruise Critic moved to our new message board forums in June of 2004.

I joined in May, 2000 - hovering isn't doing it for me.

Can someone please tell me what number I am.

Me either :( I do not see anything when I hover over my screen name..wonder why some do and some do not see it.

Me either :( I do not see anything when I hover over my screen name..wonder why some do and some do not see it.

Emmy.its really not hovering......point your mouse on your name.......then look way down below and you will see http//:boardcruisecritic.com/member php?U= the number..

Yours is 101134

Emmy.its really not hovering......point your mouse on your name.......then look down below and you will see http//:boardcruisecritic.com/member php?U= the number..

Yours is 101134

Thanks Kathy.. it actually appears for me way at the bottom of my computer screen. I was looking for right below my screen name.

I joined June of 2000 and I'm #847.

The way you find the correct number is to click on where it says Member List, once that opens up Click on where it says Join Date, it will then put everyone who joined in the correct order of when they signed up.

Then keep clicking through the pages of names until you come to your join date, month and year until you find yourself, there will be like 30 names on each page and the number is at the bottom is something like 841 to 870,then you count down from 841 until you find your name.

I'm on page 29.

Right now there is 368,637 cruise critic members.

Jimbo:)

The way you find the correct number is to click on where it says Member List, once that opens up Click on where it says Join Date

Then keep clicking through the pages of names until you come to your join date, month and year until you find yourself, there will be like 30 names on each page and the number is at the bottom is something like 841 to 870,then you count down from 841 until you find your name.

I'm on page 29.

Thats what I said in post #39.......these other numbers mean ?????:confused::confused:

The way you find the correct number is to click on where it says Member List, once that opens up Click on where it says Join Date, it will then put everyone who joined in the correct order of when they signed up.

I'm on page 29.

Not sure what those numbers mean since I joined in May, 2000 after switching over from when it was on AOL ( a month before you), and my number is somewhere in the 40 thousands (46688 to be exact). It is an interesting but basically meaningless exercise unless someone can properly explain what the numbers actually represent.

Not sure what those numbers mean since I joined in May, 2000 after switching over from when it was on AOL ( a month before you), and my number is somewhere in the 40 thousands. It is an interesting but basically meaningless exercise unless someone can properly explain the meaning of those numbers.

Your number will be lower then mine if you do it the way PH8 and I said.

Bill, yours is #346, May 3rd you joined

Your number will be lower then mine if you do it the way PH8 and I said.

Bill, yours is #346, May 3rd you joined

Thanks, I just now followed your and Kathy's directions and came up with that number. Now what I can do with that knowledge is something else again.:D

My join date is 2004....however, when they did the conversion I lost about 2500 posts. I think I originally joined around 2002.

I don't see my member number! :(

Your number at the bottom is 104631 BUT you were number 39505 when you joined..

I first joined CC in 2002, and our first cruise was on the Sea Princess, but we have only cruised 5 times overall, 2002 ( Princess ), 2004, RCL, 2006 Princess, 2008 & 2011 RCL. Not sure what number everyone is referring to. I spent more time reading and posting and didn't join our 1st Roll Call until our 2008 Hawaii Cruise.

Thanks everyone for the insights - especially the AOL pre-history part. it's great to see that people continue to find value in the CC cruise community

Funny thing.... I joined CC originally because I was researching the Atkins style of low-carb dieting and a web search brought me to a thread about it in the "Lose Before You Cruise" special interest forum on CC. So I joined just to post some questions there. No intent at all to cruise but soon caught the bug booked the Alaska cruise we took on HAL. The rest is history as they say.

Got you beat by a few months, Sequim88. Cruised with you and your wife on a TA several years ago, too. I usually don't post much unless I'm getting ready to cruise -- or on roll call, etc.

MavisMarie - Hi, Yes that was a great cruise and had a really active Roll Call. I see you are doing another TA this year - we are too (as if you can't tell from sig below ;)). We're hooked on transatlantics. Next one has a super avtive Roll Call with over 200 members and a private web site just for the cruise. I think TAs tend to have bigger CC groups onboard.

My join date is 2004....however, when they did the conversion I lost about 2500 posts. I think I originally joined around 2002.

I don't see my member number! :(

You may have lost posts during the conversion but I believe no ones join date was lost.

I have had different names over the years. At the time, I did not know you could get your join date changed or even cared. The last time, I picked a name I KNEW WOULD NOT CHANGE!:D

I LOVE to cruise & I am a Granddad!!!!:p:p

P. S. My wife and I started cruising in 1995 on the Celebrity Zenith!

I was looking through the member list and found that my join date of August 2, 2001 on CC is older than 98.3% of the membership (still active on CC or not). Now a few of those people here longer than me may be regulars on other lines (go figure :rolleyes:) but there must be some RCI regulars that have been haunting this forum for awhile. So who has been on Cruise Critic the longest that cruises RCI mostly? That is, those who frequent this forum and maybe joined in 2000.

Yes, when I joined it was for a HAL cruise but I eventually wised up. ;)

Just curious.

August 10th 2001, so you are 8 days older than me:) but I am 72.496 and you are 30,144. Surely over 40.000 people didn't join in 8 days?

Archived