Longest time RCI CC'ers - Still here? Who?

Sequim88

I was looking through the member list and found that my join date of August 2, 2001 on CC is older than 98.3% of the membership (still active on CC or not).

According to what I see, you signed up on August 1.. so did I. I was 4 people ahead of you, also on August 1. :)

Your membership number is 30,144.

###

I don't understand the numbers because I have been here 4 or 5 months loonger than Sequim88 and his number is 30133 and mine is something like 82624 -- his number is much lower than mine. Maybe they are random.

I've been a member since 2000 and have around 450 posts. I really felt that I'd contributed to all forums where I could give assistance. Guess I haven't been very helpful! People that know me wouldn't believe I don't have that much to say! ;)

I am not sure about these numbers actually meaning anything though. If you go to members list, it is sorted by screen name. If you click on the header, join date, it will resort the list by join date. The person who joined the earliest, doesn't have the lowest number. Doesn't make much sense.

and if you look at the members list and sort by date joined,it tells you at the top of each page,how many names there are......

According to that list,I am # 3304 but the "hovering number" is 71051......so have no idea what that number stands for..:confused:

and if you look at the members list and sort by date joined,it tells you at the top of each page,how many names there are......

According to that list,I am # 3304 but the "hovering number" is 71051......so have no idea what that number stands for..:confused:

I would suspect it is because names have been deleted but I still don't get why the first joined person's number isn't the lowest. Who knows? Maybe someone from CC will chime in and tell us they mean nothing???:eek::p

Somewhere in the database there has to be a user table with a unique ID for each user. It's possible one of these numbers is that ID.

I've been a member since 2000 and have around 450 posts. I really felt that I'd contributed to all forums where I could give assistance. Guess I haven't been very helpful! People that know me wouldn't believe I don't have that much to say! ;)

Some years ago there was a big upgrade and the post counts got screwed up. I know I lost hundreds of posts and had to start all over ... but if that's the biggest problem in my life, I think I'll take it.

I joined CC 12/11/2002 but had been on the cruise message board on Prodigy for several years before that. When that went away I had to find another cruise spot which ended up being CC. We're not loyal to RCI or any other cruise line so I jump between RCI, Princess, HAL, and any other board for the line we happen to be sailing on. 15 cruise lines, some of which went out of business before there were PC's or the Internet, and still haven't found one we would cruise exclusively.

Some years ago there was a big upgrade and the post counts got screwed up. I know I lost hundreds of posts and had to start all over ... but if that's the biggest problem in my life, I think I'll take it.

I'm with you on that one one. Posts are not even on my list of problems.

Family members with cancer is taking the top spot right now.

Yeah, I had a lot of lost posts with the upgrade a few years ago. I joined in Jan 2003 and have a "hover number" of 34398. Hoe do you find your member list number?

PS- We have 15 cruises with RCI since 2003 - seems like I have been a member forever, too.

Oh, I just noticed i am a "blue ribbon cruiser" - What do these categories mean?

Archived