From the Enchantment - Feb 27 cruise

Cuizer2

I just got back from the Captain’s Corner. I asked the captain if there is an estimate as to when the engine would be repaired. He explained there are four engines turning generators which create the electricity that the ship runs on. Those four engines are working fine. However, the port side propulsion engine is only able to develop 70% of its maximum torque. As a result the ship cannot reach full speed. Thus, when traveling as fast as it can (right now) some people will see a difference is the size of the wake from each propeller. There is an estimate as to when the repairs will be made, but it is not official yet, so he would not tell what the estimate is. I also asked the hotel director if someone misses the ship, would they go into the safe to get the passport. He said no, there is too much liability if they did that.

Very interesting, on both counts! Thank you for asking and reporting!

Theron

I just got back from the Captain’s Corner. I asked the captain if there is an estimate as to when the engine would be repaired. He explained there are four engines turning generators which create the electricity that the ship runs on. Those four engines are working fine. However, the port side propulsion engine is only able to develop 70% of its maximum torque. As a result the ship cannot reach full speed. Thus, when traveling as fast as it can (right now) some people will see a difference is the size of the wake from each propeller. There is an estimate as to when the repairs will be made, but it is not official yet, so he would not tell what the estimate is. I also asked the hotel director if someone misses the ship, would they go into the safe to get the passport. He said no, there is too much liability if they did that.

Thanks for the report. This is just my opinion, but I think they are planning to do the repairs while we are in PC. Thus, the 24+ hrs. at that port. I guess we will find out after it is fixed. I am sure someone will let everyone know if it is fixed while we are on board.

Gwen :)

Edited by cruzinlady1947

Thanks for your reports and pictures. That was so nice of you.

I am sitting in the hotel in Baltimore waiting to be transported to the Enchantment in the morning. So sorry to see your cruise end, but it is our turn now.:p

I am sure you took good care of her for us. Just hope you saved some food. ;)

Thanks again,

Thanks for your reports and pictures. That was so nice of you.

I am sitting in the hotel in Baltimore waiting to be transported to the Enchantment in the morning. So sorry to see your cruise end, but it is our turn now.:p

I am sure you took good care of her for us. Just hope you saved some food. ;)

Thanks again,

Hope you guys have a wonderful cruise!!

If you hear any news about any further repairs we would love to hear about it if you have time to post from the ship. We are boarding when you get back.

Wishing you blue skies and calm seas!

You first. We heard that the Explorer lost power on one of it's motors.

What did WE miss?

Sudsy:)

No power problems on Explorer, watched the wake all week from our deck 7 corner balcony.

It was wondeful !

Jimbo:)

Hope you guys have a wonderful cruise!!

If you hear any news about any further repairs we would love to hear about it if you have time to post from the ship. We are boarding when you get back.

Wishing you blue skies and calm seas!

Thanks. I'm sure somebody will post. I will try if I can. Depends on how slow internet is.

Well I made it to the airport with very little time to spare. My flight leaves in only five hours. Of course had I booked the earlier flight the ship would have been late. I could post my review from the airport, however, I think the ship's Internet connection was faster, so I'll wait until I get home.

Well I made it to the airport with very little time to spare. My flight leaves in only five hours. Of course had I booked the earlier flight the ship would have been late. I could post my review from the airport, however, I think the ship's Internet connection was faster, so I'll wait until I get home.

Was that BWI? I'm a bit surprised, it was supposed to be one of the better airports for technology support. Since you have to pay for wifi, it really should be better than that.

Roy

Was that BWI? I'm a bit surprised, it was supposed to be one of the better airports for technology support. Since you have to pay for wifi, it really should be better than that.

Roy

Yes, I'm in BWI.

Wow ... looks like you have a long flight. I cant wait to read the review, I feel like you have already posted it with your excellent updates and photos!

Hope to cruise with you one day- you seem to have a blast .. we leave on the Enchantment 4/19 .. come on back, its a different itinerary!

Wow ... looks like you have a long flight. I cant wait to read the review, I feel like you have already posted it with your excellent updates and photos!

Hope to cruise with you one day- you seem to have a blast .. we leave on the Enchantment 4/19 .. come on back, its a different itinerary!

My review is about 29 type written pages long and will contain 90 full sized pictures. You have seen some of the posts and some of the pictures. Unless I am dead tired, I'll post when I get home. Otherwise, I'll post tomorrow.

Boarding starts in three hours. I fly to Chicago and then to Los Angeles.

How many kids are onboard????

I heard 2 counts... 35 and 60. None the less, you didn't know that they were even on board the ship.

The 3 children that Cuizer2 originally posted about were my friends children. They had fun in the AdventureOcean program, but once out of there for the day there was NOTHING for them to do in regards to events on board. Most events were geared toward the 50+ crowd so my wife and I (38yrs old) became bored really fast. Team trivia once a day doesn't cut it.

It was a pleaure to meet you, Cuizer2!!! Have a safe trip home.

Edited by Mr. Bungle

I heard 2 counts... 35 and 60. None the less, you didn't know that they were even on board the ship.

The 3 children that Cuizer2 originally posted about were my friends children. They had fun in the AdventureOcean program, but once out of there for the day there was NOTHING for them to do in regards to events on board. Most events were geared toward the 50+ crowd so my wife and I (38yrs old) became bored really fast. Team trivia once a day doesn't cut it.

It was a pleaure to meet you, Cuizer2!!! Have a safe trip home.

Yes, I noticed the lack of children out on the decks.

It was great meeting you too. Perhaps we'll cruise together again.

Edited by Cuizer2

Unpacked and laundry started, ugh... However, it was such a wonderful cruise and was great meeting all of you. Hope everyone else had a great time and made it home safely. Looking forward to sailing with all of you again. I was amazed at how many comments and questions I received because of the cruise critic sign on my door. Hopefully, we will get more to join. It was a pleasure sailing with all of you.:)

We are sailing on the Enchantment on a 8 day cruise in August 2012. It sails from Baltimore to Bermuda, Newport, & Boston. Does anyone know if the ship will have the Quest? Also what might the other entertainment be on that cruise. Thank you Scobby Doo:)

I don't know for sure if there will be The Quest or not but we did have it on this sailing. It was one of the best shows on the ship, I did stuff I would have never done otherwise. LOL The sailing you are doing, is what I'm looking at for 2013.

I had two glorious weeks on the Enchantment! Hated to see it end! I wanted to post while onboard but the internet on the ship is the worst ever. I finally gave up trying to get on the internet. This was the only thing I can gripe about on the Enchantment, everything else was great!

The weather was beautiful, met many wonderful new friends onboard and the staff were fantastic.

I will be writing a review and soon as I have a chance.

We are home and had a wonderful time. I have not as yet caught up with these boards, but the ship was better than we expected and Jerry and I truely enjoyed meeting each and every one of you!!!!!!!!!!

Steve, what happens in St. Martin, stays in St. Martin!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: Thanks for a wonderful day!!!!!!!!!! More later.

Looking forward to your review Cuzier2.

Vicki

We are home and had a wonderful time. I have not as yet caught up with these boards, but the ship was better than we expected and Jerry and I truely enjoyed meeting each and every one of you!!!!!!!!!!

Steve, what happens in St. Martin, stays in St. Martin!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: Thanks for a wonderful day!!!!!!!!!! More later.

Looking forward to your review Cuzier2.

Vicki

:D;):D;)

What is this 'St.Martin' you speak of???