GRRRRR.....I wish I had packed....

rex00111

3 cruises/ 2 which were seven day. We 3 each roll a travel suitcase that fits in the planes overhead and a beachbag and only once one of us have forgotten something. Me, cruise #2...I was a book short and wish I had packed another.

I won't say we pack smart, I rather think we have just been lucky.

For women: a nice pair of comfy flats to wear to the MDR.

On my last cruise I packed my cute (and usually comfy) sandals that have a smallish 1.5" heel. But after heavy walking excursions like the Mayan ruins, I really didn't want to wear heels at night.

I'm personally a little formal dressing so I couldn't stomach the idea of me wearing sneakers to the MDR (I don't care if others do though).

I have a little less than 2 months to find the perfect comfy black flat (I'm very frugal so I want a pair I would actually wear outside of cruising) for my next cruise.

Im thinking of packing a couple pairs of those ballet flats that fold up in a small bag. My feet swelled really bad on our last/first cruise and I wasnt able to wear the pretty shoes I brought to wear to MDR dining. I am also going to include a pack of diurex for that same reason!

I always pack a case of bottled water. I hear everyone who believes the filtration system is wonderful but I do not like ship water.

I have read other posters say they also pack a case of bottled water. How do you get it on the ship? If you put a luggage tag on the case of water will they deliver it to your room with your luggage?

I always pack a case of bottled water. I hear everyone who believes the filtration system is wonderful but I do not like ship water.

I have read other posters say they also pack a case of bottled water. How do you get it on the ship? If you put a luggage tag on the case of water will they deliver it to your room with your luggage?

You have to carry on the water like you do with soda and/or wine. I usually use my small carry-on size wheeled luggage for the water and then that becomes my overflow bag (becuase dirty clothes never pack nicely for me)and for souveniers for the trip back. I do drive to ports so I don't have to worry about plane luggage issues.

I always bring a cheap sewing kit and eye glass kit from a dollar store,helps with quick repairs

These plus a little manicure kit - the tweezers and tiny scissors come in handy! Got all three items at Dollar Tree and they're about to go on their fourth cruise with us!

Lots of eye wetting-lubricant drops. I suffer the red eye syndrome whenever I am on a cruise. I spend a lot of time on deck and think it's from the salt in the wind.

I take pre-printed address labels so that I can slap one on a post card to send to the kiddies in my life. Makes the whole process easier, no need for an address book. I keep a template on my computer and just print a sheet out before each cruise.

I pack twice as much sun screen for a cruise then I think I would need.

I always take a raft. It packs flat, cost 1 buck and I use it at the beach. Beats paying 10 bucks to rent one and there's no one's sun tan oil all over it. I always leave it at the last beach.

We always use a credit card to lock our safe but I read on CC that many people use an old hotel key or expired credit card. I may try that my next cruise.

A good attitude. "It'll get you through anything!

I always use my Hallmark reward card. ;)

I forgot my bag of carefully selected books for the week - I am an avid reader and begin selecting books months in advance to make sure I have the right "reads" onboard. All different genres, etc. I did visit the ship library and was disappointed (many books in another language, etc.

So, I ended up reading my middle schooler's books and, surprisingly, her books were pretty good;

especially A Wrinkle in Time which I hadn't read since 6th grade :o)

I too am an avid reader but for some reason I never seem to do much of it on a cruise. Not that this stops me from bringing a number of reads along.

You might want to consider an ebook like the Kindle or Sony Reader. (I like the Sony because I can borrow books from my local library with it.) Big advantage is space and weight savings if you fly - they are about the size and weight of a 250 page pocket book.

Moleskin for the inevitable blisters.

A strong second is the over the door shoe holder. I used to scoff at it, but when I found one I bought it anyway. Well, let me tell you, after that, I would hate to be without it. It keeps all the little things that clutter the countertops and tables in one spot and you can find things in a snap.

Moleskin for the inevitable blisters.

A strong second is the over the door shoe holder. I used to scoff at it, but when I found one I bought it anyway. Well, let me tell you, after that, I would hate to be without it. It keeps all the little things that clutter the countertops and tables in one spot and you can find things in a snap.

I agree about the over the door thing. Couldn't/wouldn't do without it.

I took Febreeze on our first cruise and was glad I took it. I forgot to take it when we went on our second cruise, and when the bathroom was used, it really would stink up the rest of the cabin. I will be taking a can of it with me for our upcoming cruise in June.

I found drops for the toilet at my local drug store. Work fantastic, keep it in my desk at work just in case. http://justadrop.net/ (This isn't what I use, but it lets you know what I am talking about.

Also little travel sized sizzors.

And I ditto the zip lock bags both gallon and quart sized..I never travel without them.

probably condoms, buying them in the shop onboard is embarrassing, because then everyone knows what might be happening in your stateroom. One of my friends met a girl and before breakfast the next day the entire crew was giving him knowing smiles and leers. I think her parents found out that way too.

Buying condoms in port can be embarrassing too - my grandmother had a store on Bay Street in Nassau (I worked there during summer vacations) she had a lot of cruise passengers, the store was a pharmacy but also had perfume and other things. One day a shy, blushing young man hesitantly put his purchases up on the counter - a box of Dramamine and a box of condoms. Gran rang him up, took his money, and as she handed him the bag said, "Honey, if it makes you sick, don't do it." Poor guy ran out the door :D :D

I too am an avid reader but for some reason I never seem to do much of it on a cruise. Not that this stops me from bringing a number of reads along.

You might want to consider an ebook like the Kindle or Sony Reader. (I like the Sony because I can borrow books from my local library with it.) Big advantage is space and weight savings if you fly - they are about the size and weight of a 250 page pocket book.

You can borrow library books with a Kindle, too. Love mine

I am doing that too! Don't like the idea of putting my mouth to the mouth piece that has travelled to a thousand mouths! YUK!

I continuously read cruise critic before my 1st cruise & thought the I knew everything there was to know. Somehow, at that time, nobody posted anything about the dirty snorkel. I could have died when the tour guide dumped out a bag of snorkels on the floor of the boat. It just seems so unsanitary. I still can't believe I didn't think of this on my own.

I always take LYSOL and spray often... dont like getting sick!!!

How do you know that you would get sick if you did not constantly spray Lysol? The fact that you do spray and have not gotten sick does not prove that spraying kept you well. You would need to do a significant number of spray cruises and a significant number of non-spray cruises to have any idea that spraying accomplishes anything and even then you could not be sure that you have proven anything.

DON

We use the drawers under the couch for our dirty clothes, when they fill up we transfer them to our empty suitcase under the bed. Usually only have to do this once during a 7-8 day cruise.

Do all Carnival ships have this? This will be our first Carnival cruise....Dream. Thanks

We just went on our first cruise and I found that my skin got VERY dry on the ship. I guess from the salt air, I really needed a good moisturizer (which I know, I should be using anyway). Also chap stick, same reason.

My kids....they needed more clothes. I packed 2 outfits for each day, plus one for dinner. Well, they changed a million times, because they were in and out of bathing suits all day. They both ran out of underwear by the end of the trip. Oh and for kids, pack lots of bathing suits. It would take about 2 days for the kids suits to dry all the way and it sucks to put on a wet bathing suit.

This is the FIRST thing I pack and the 1 thing I check my carry on for about 100 times...I don't need any souvenirs coming home with us!:p

It happened to us! On our Cabo Mexico trip once. I swear my son is actually three times darker that the rest of us normal Caucasians in the family.:D

I've sacrificed a curling iron or two this way in the past! :)

A zillion years ago my mom gave each of her daughters the perfect Christmas something called a "cool it" for our curling irons...Inside is like an ironing board cover..outside is quilted cotton with a velcro close..it is invaluable..and also protects your clothes and appliance,,have no idea where to get them now but I LOVE it..still is in fine shape and is my Lord...25 plus years old., we always had to touch up our hair in ladies rooms for events after a sports event or..long drive after rushing to feed cattle or something..before they have been used by all of us for travel..a favorite travel accessory just unplug and put iron in that and youe suitcase or shoe holder or big purse....Sarah

I bring one yellow and one blue and only pay attention to the items that are green that both of us want to do.

Also I bring suction cup hooks to put up in the shower so that swim suits and whatnot have an extra place to hang and dry overnight.

countdown.pl?image=Beach-10&name=cojuqui&date=6-10-2012&text=Countin

PAST CRUISES:

Celebrity Solstice 6/26/09 Eastern Mediterranean

Carnival Conquest 08/10/10 Eastern Caribbean

Many of the ships have a line in the shower that you can pull across to hang swim suits on...

I learned this the hard way, for MYSELF.:p I always pack at least two (sometimes three) because they still are not dry the next day.

I take a couple of Sham-wows and roll our bathing suits up to squeeze out the excess water - I can do this in the evening, hang them up in the bathroom overnight, and they're completely dry the next morning.

I learned this the hard way, for MYSELF.:p I always pack at least two (sometimes three) because they still are not dry the next day.

I have found that if your suit is still damp, just get your suit, jump in the shower and put it on under the warm/hot spray.

Archived