What did you pack that was not necessary?

adriennerm

I also took a bag of meds I never used but will continue to take them. I did use the bandaids I packed because I cut my foot on a rock while snorkeling. Other things I took and didn't need and won't be bringing again? Collapsible cooler, extra hangers, clothes pins, frameless candle...I hate clutter. I didnt take an over the door shoe holder thing, but my toiletry bag unzips and hangs, its just the right size. I found that we did wear almost all the clothes we took so I did great in that department.

I overpacked rum runners and crystal light drink mix - didn't use either. I didn't use the bandaids or ginger pills - would take the band aids again but stuck with Bonine instead of ginger. I brought 3 swim suits and wore 1. I brought 6 pr of shoes and wore 4 of them. I did not pack enough casual shirts or capri pants, which I wore more than shorts since the ship can be cool. Take LOTS of sunscreen. I packed 2 new spray cans for the 3 of us and had to buy more at a high cost. Finally, don't forget, em, feminine items. I did and paid DEARLY for them on the ship.

I'll always pack a supply of meds, its a cheap insurance policy for sure, and two or three days of each is usually enough to get you over a 'hump' until you don't need them any more. After paying 9 bucks for a 10pack of tpx, I'll never under pack those again, either.

I prefer to pack a color coordinated wardrobe, so it will be brown/khaki pants with an assortment of greens, peach, white tops.. I try to get a couple of nights use out of a top ( thank you Febreze)..it just makes things a little less frantic..what I have..is what I have..but it also depends on the ports, too. If I'm spending the day in a bathing suit, I can get more use out of tops and bottoms.. if not, then I don't plan to wear those clothes twice! I''ve got the shoe thing about down.. dress sandals, flip flops, water shoes, sneakers.

The only thing I tend to overpack are bathing suit cover ups!! :)

I would never bring an over-the-door organizer again. Everyone raves about them on CC but we found it to be annoying and it didn't help with organization one bit. There was plenty of storage in the bathroom and was not needed.

My girlfriend, really. We did nothing but fight like cats and dogs. I am an over-packer, but I leave in a week or so, and THIS time I'm only bring ing the essentials. Underwear, socks, a cuppla shirts, pants, and a clear mind.:D

I would never bring an over-the-door organizer again. Everyone raves about them on CC but we found it to be annoying and it didn't help with organization one bit. There was plenty of storage in the bathroom and was not needed.

Just goes to show that everybody is different and will require/appreciate different items.

We on the other hand enjoy the over the door organizer. We don't NEED it but it makes it really easy to keep the camera, sun glasses, sun screen, gum/mints, medicine, chargers, etc organized and handy instead of stuffed in a drawer. Easy to see, easy to find, and no digging required. Our S&S cards go in there when we are in the room too. We buy them at the Dollar Store and usually throw them away at the end because taking it, it's smaller than a magazine but return trip is harder to get it to pack flat. For $1, we don't mind trashing it. I'm having trouble finding one for this trip so we might go without, but I do prefer having it.

Something dressy for elegant night. My regular evening attire (nice slacks or a skirt and blouse) would have been fine for elegant night on our 4-day cruise out of Galveston. (I was dressed up more than most everyone else!) I'm doing a 5-night Bahamas cruise in a few months and I won't be making the same mistake.

For years I would pack a shorts/shirt outfit for each day - since, I realize that typically I put on the swimsuit/cover up in the mornings and stay in it all day until time to prep for dinner time. I would suggest cutting down 1/2 the number of "day" outfits and just stick to swimsuits and evening wear.

Have Fun!

I agree with this one-especially if you have a cruise with many days at sea.

I still pack too many dressy clothes ( for dinner in the MDR ). I can do better by mixing and matching. I still like dressing up a bit for dinner, and even a bit more for elegant night, but I tend to bring too much dressy MDR clothes.

I also have been bringing too much reading material! I read a lot when at home, but when Im at sea, much less so. Im just too busy doing other stuff!:D So only one book next time.:)

I took a 3-pack of flameless (battery operated) "candles." I thought we would enjoy them out on the balcony at night. But we rarely used the balcony at night. We went to dinner, went to the show, the Comedy club, a bar to listen to a band, etc. etc. We rarely got back to our room before 1 a.m. and by then we were too tired to go sit out on the balcony, so we never used the "candles."

I will never again take my own beach towels. Cabins are small enough without damp towels taking up space, not to mention getting them home. Can't remember my reasoning - I think I took small towels so there would be less to carry on the Segway/snorkel tour, then there was a vehicle available for the tote bags anyway.

[COLOR=blue]Sounds like everyone's pretty much the same...I have toned down the amount of clothes I bring now. Still bring bathing suits for each day though cant seem to get over that one. I used to be told that I bring too much snack foods for when we're on the beaches, etc yet everytime somebody is always lookng for something and its all gone by last day. We rarely have any of our alcohol leftover but the one time our steward go a bottle. Iused to bring our own beach towels but they just took up too much room. We always bring one of those soft collapsible coolers and last cruise I brought one of those collapsible clothes hampers.....loved it, it folds up so small goes in the front pocket of the suit case.[/COLOR]

[quote name='crzycick']Just goes to show that everybody is different and will require/appreciate different items.

We on the other hand enjoy the over the door organizer. We don't NEED it but it makes it really easy to keep the camera, sun glasses, sun screen, gum/mints, medicine, chargers, etc organized and handy instead of stuffed in a drawer. Easy to see, easy to find, and no digging required. Our S&S cards go in there when we are in the room too. We buy them at the Dollar Store and usually throw them away at the end because taking it, it's smaller than a magazine but return trip is harder to get it to pack flat. For $1, we don't mind trashing it. I'm having trouble finding one for this trip so we might go without, but I do prefer having it.[/quote]

I think this is a depender, depends on your room size AND how many people in the room? we were in a OC and had so many many places to put things!! on the other hand our 2 older kids 28 & 20 barely had room for there sunglasses on the desk thing! they were in an interior level 1 not for me, but all they did was sleep there. lol

Like everyone else - clothes. Couple of pairs of shorts, swim trunks and a T-shirt a day along with a pair of khakis for the MDR and a couple of polo shirts and we're good.

I also bring the medicine cabinet but would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it......

Archived