Maasdam is Fixed!! 04/21

bambam

Hi folks,

Wanted to drop a line, the Captain made an announcement around 5:00, saying that they have fixed the engine/bearing. We are full speed, and loving it.

Got to meet all the CC folks we've been talking to for the last couple of months...what a GREAT group, ya know!!:D

Embarkation was a breeze, maybe 20 mins tops. Got to the Nauticus Pier around 11:15, they let us go thru embarkation around 11:30, we were eating lunch in the Lido at 12:00.

Got a little sun, cabins are great. I'm not too happy, am I??

I'll try to post as we go along... for those on the 05/01 sail, RELAX...She's a GREAAT ship...

back to relaxation and fun!!

Could you hear my sigh of releif from PA? I am wishing all of you the best cruise ever. Rob7 gave his "last report on the Maasdam" tonight-it was very brief-he expressed that there were so many problems. It was so disheartening to hear & I feel so badly for the pax on that cruise missing HMC & San Juan. Give all the gang my best wishes for a relaxing & most enjoyable cruise ever! Will be looking for more reports. If the engines are working does that mean other problems like th AC are also fixed? Been debating whether to bring a fan after all the stories of broken AC on Aft cabins Lower Promenade. Enjoy your day tomorrow!

Bam-Bam, thank you so much for such a quick update on the Maasdam! It was very nice of you to take the time out to send us the email!! Enjoy and have an absolutely fabulous time! Just remember, everything is always so much better with a positive attitude! Even if the ship was going nowhere, you are away form the stress of everyday!

May the sun shine every day for you and all of your shipmates!!

Bonnie

:)

Yes indeed ... she's your Maasdam! :D I feel the same way about the Volendam!

We booked Volendam yesterday for the ten day Seafarer (again :)) on Volendam in January.

We have done that itinerary many times but seeing as it includes Curacao and Aruba.....among our favs!!

Folks,

She is a fine ship. Not sure where the problems are...not sure I want to go looking for them either...

The Maasdam is up to 20 knots, we has some "slight" seas rounding the outer banks, but I've been in significantly worse conditions...really, just a little rocking, nothing more.

Food is great, I haven't had an even mediocre meal yet...the carnivore is really coming out...steaks...shrimp cocktail last night...could have had a dozen orders...;)

All the CC folks will be proud of us... THE CC FOLKS ONBOARD CLOSED THE CROWS NEST LAST NIGHT...wheeeeeeeee...what a group....:D

going to HMC, will be getting there around 11:00ish, tendering begins at 11:30ish. Realling looking forward to the Purple cabana...and the CC folks have 4 of the cabanas....:D

AS for the AC, we are on deck A (da lowest) and we can regulate our cabin temps just fine. Our only problem was out TV wasn't working... actually, it was operator error...ahuh...TV worked just fine...ahuh...

time to go back and continue the workouts...love the fitness center and spa...

Folks, thanks again for the good wishes....

And honestly, I still think she's black and white...honestly...yep, I know its blue....gotta get these eyes checked...

Hava happy folks...:D

Yeah!!! So glad to hear everything is great and you are having a wonderful time. I like you quote about cruisins is an attitude:p

I think it is very possible the reports were just a bit embellished.

Have a fun time in HMC today.

OH also, I agree, I know it is suppose to be blue but it sure looks black to me too.

Thanks for your latest update from the Maasdam. Hope she continues in fine shape and that you all continue having a great time.

If you see the Maitre d' (Tri) could you ask him if he will still be on the ship in July when we cruise to Europe. Haven't sailed with him in a few years, but he is one of our favorites.

I am happy and relieved that things seem to be going so well on Maasdam! I hope that the rest of the cruise goes this smoothly and I'm looking forward to hearing more when you get home - or if you post again while you're aboard.

Thanks for the update!!!

Scrumpy

Just got back from a 4-hour stay on HMC. It was close to 12 before we actually got off the Maasdam. Captain came on at 11:40 and told us that nature wasn't nice to us. HMC had been invaded by jellyfish and sea lice. The stay was not going to be cancelled, but all water activities were shut down.

We went to the cabanas and made lemonade of the situation. In fact, CrabbyHarper and I were going to rename our group the Lemonade Makers. Actually, again, nothing wrong with the ship...:)

As for the cabanas, we had the purple one, not any better than the others...but a little hike to get to the b-rooms... thought the supplies were a little scimpy, but I would add this advice: Folks, if you have a cabana, make sure you get all your friends to go too... for 2-folks, things seemed a little empty.:rolleyes:

Thats all for now... steaming for St. Thomas on Monday...the Captain came on and said probable rain and clouds tomorrow for our at sea day...better then than at St. Thomas..right!!!:D

Hava Happy!!

Lori-

The term "sea lice" apparently originated during the 1950s and was used by local U.S. residents in describing the condition. This popular term persisted, despite efforts by scientists to discourage use of such an inappropriate designation. Sea lice are actually small parasites that affect fish. .....The outbreaks appear to have intensified in the last 4 years, as reflected in the number of cases reported as well as the severity of response in individual cases. Because most affected people treat themselves, it is difficult to determine the total annual number of cases. However, a conservative estimate of 10,000 cases in 1992 can be made. A sample population surey of 1433 persons who went swimming within the apparent geographic center of the outbreaks indicated that one of every four persons that went swimming had the dermatitis.

(This information is from CLINICAL ARTICLES SEABATHER'S ERUPTION OR "SEA LICE": New findings and clinical implications Mary T. Russell, RN, MSN, CCRN, CEN, and Robert S. Tomchik, MD, MPH, Boca Raton, Miami, and Fort Lauderdale, Florida.)

Archived