Staggered Boarding??

Retired 07

Boarded Golden Princess in Seattle yesterday. Advertised as staggered boarding but was not. We arrived at 11.15am checked in with 5 mins and then waited until boarding commenced close to noon.

So staggered boarding at Seattle looks like false advertising on the part of Princess or simply crowd control for older rule-following passengers.

Boarded Golden Princess in Seattle yesterday. Advertised as staggered boarding but was not. We arrived at 11.15am checked in with 5 mins and then waited until boarding commenced close to noon.

So staggered boarding at Seattle looks like false advertising on the part of Princess or simply crowd control for older rule-following passengers.

Thanks for the update....I wondered what the first week was like in Seattle.

B

In other words, it worked:D

And you are saying that the young ones don't follow the rules?

This is good to hear! Sounds very similar to our experience on the Grand last summer,from Southampton. Heres hoping it will be the same in August, for us!

Thanks for sharing.:)

Jean....a Kettle? Brilliant news how did you manage that one? I've been told its a no noand would really love to have our own kettle in our stateroom...what is your secret ;)

Andy

Sorry to be tardy in my reply, but I just saw your post. We just packed it in our suitcase. It's a Bodum 17 oz. kettle (1/2 a liter?) that we found on Amazon.com for $29.99 or so. It's not insulated, so it gets a bit hot to the touch, but not as much as my hair iron. And the TV blather did say that kettles with an automatic shutoff were permitted (actually said that kettles without the shutoff were prohibited). Although later at muster drill they said no kettles, so we kept it out of sight except when it was in use.

Sorry to be tardy in my reply, but I just saw your post. We just packed it in our suitcase. It's a Bodum 17 oz. kettle (1/2 a liter?) that we found on Amazon.com for $29.99 or so. It's not insulated, so it gets a bit hot to the touch, but not as much as my hair iron. And the TV blather did say that kettles with an automatic shutoff were permitted (actually said that kettles without the shutoff were prohibited). Although later at muster drill they said no kettles, so we kept it out of sight except when it was in use.

As long as it has auto-shutoff, it's okay to use onboard. And yes, those without an auto-shutoff are an extreme fire danger and should never be brought aboard. If found, they would be confiscated. Hopefully, that'd be done before the luggage ever got to the passenger...

Just to provide a second hand update on this topic. On our CP roll call, we have had posts from some folks on the ship as we speak (or type in this case). Even though staggered boarding was in effect, no one was being turned away in Southampton.

Just to provide a second hand update on this topic. On our CP roll call, we have had posts from some folks on the ship as we speak (or type in this case). Even though staggered boarding was in effect, no one was being turned away in Southampton.

Excellent news!! Thankyou for sharing!:D

Thanks for that update Kirk.

As I posted on another similar thread, Princess needs to change the wording on their announcements to something like this:

To avoid possible long lines when boarding, we recommend the following staggered boarding procedure, however will will not turn anyone away:

The following decks board at these recommended times:

(post list of deck names and times)

Simple solution, no more angry Cruisers., After all, this is exactly the procedure that they ended up following with good results.

As I posted on another similar thread, Princess needs to change the wording on their announcements to something like this:

To avoid possible long lines when boarding, we recommend the following staggered boarding procedure, however will will not turn anyone away:

The following decks board at these recommended times:

(post list of deck names and times)

Simple solution, no more angry Cruisers., After all, this is exactly the procedure that they ended up following with good results.

Not going to happen. "however we will not turn anyone away" would be an invitation for even more people to board before the suggested boarding time even without the staggering.

Not going to happen. "however we will not turn anyone away" would be an invitation for even more people to board before the suggested boarding time even without the staggering.

Good point.. It is still a work in Progress! :rolleyes: Probably should leave that part off. Simpler the better.

Archived