The Definitive Beer Bag Thread

Asked on the 12/15 navigator sailing and was told they were "out of stock"

My parents were on the Navigator 12/8 sailing and they had the pictures of them at the bar but the bar tender said it would be out in one or two weeks...guessing a supply issue.

if anyone goes on a ship and gets one, would they mind picking up an extra for me?!?!

Does anyone know if they offer the beer bags on the Explorer? Going on April 26th.

We were on the explorer this past April and they had the bags. Just pay attention to your slip before you sign because we caught numerous times where they tried charging the full beginning price!!!

They're back on the Monarch.

We were on the explorer this past April and they had the bags. Just pay attention to your slip before you sign because we caught numerous times where they tried charging the full beginning price!!!

Let's keep the list going and current as people report back! Supply on these ships is subject to change.

HAS THEM

-Oasis

-Allure

-Majesty

-Brilliance

-Enchantment

-Mariner

-Monarch

-Explorer

DOESN'T

-Jewel

-Navigator

SOMETIMES (depending on supply issues)

-Freedom

We have been on the Explorer a number of times and will be going in March hopefully they will have them. They have not had any on any sailing I've been on and I've been on EX several times. I guess we keep missing them.

Freedom, December 9, 2012.

We brought our bag with us and were told that we could put whatever we wanted in it. All we had to do was pay full price.:(

I really thought that the refill promotion was supposed to carry through to all ships.

On day 2 they started to sell a few empty bags that they had on hand.

There isn't even a bucket deal anymore. We used to always get those.

I have seen about six different threads about the beer bags on board the Royal Caribbean ships. Each one seems to contradict the other ones. Does anyone have an updated status on the beer bag (think beer bucket, only baggier) on ask ships? Possibly on the Allure? Thank you.

WE purchased ours on the Allure during our Halloween cruise this year. Hope this helps

• 4 weeks later...
Let's keep the list going and current as people report back! Supply on these ships is subject to change.

HAS THEM

-Oasis

-Allure

-Majesty

-Brilliance

-Enchantment

-Mariner

-Monarch

-Explorer

DOESN'T

-Jewel

-Navigator

SOMETIMES (depending on supply issues)

-Freedom

Vision had beer bags in December

They were selling them on the last sea day on Allure the other week. They were priced at $10 and were stated to hold approx eight beers. There was no mention about discount on beer purchase. I maybe saw 2 with cruisers on the last day.

I did see one man with one on day 2 and it was empty. If you didn't know what it was you would have thought it was a beach bag.

In October they sold them as a package deal with a discount on the beer. Tons of them out in October on day. I saw maybe 5 this cruise.

Andrew

We just got off the Liberty and they were available to buy but no discount on the beers. I was told by the bartender it is up to the beverage manager. He recommended just using the buckets instead of buying the cooler bag.

We just got off the Liberty and they were available to buy but no discount on the beers. I was told by the bartender it is up to the beverage manager. He recommended just using the buckets instead of buying the cooler bag.

That was the same situation a few weeks ago on Allure.

I remember seeing a program on the Travel Channel about

cruise ship management . The bar manager said that specials

are dependent on the recent profit/losses for liquor. If they

need to move more product to get a better profit margin, they

will offer 2/1 specials, and, it seems, beer buckets and bags.

This seems to be the case here. We were on the Explorer in October,

and there were no beer specials at all........no bucket discount, no

bags. But others have stated that the Explorer did have both. I guess

we were unlucky enough to sail when the liquor department was in the

black and the manager felt little pressure to increase sales. It might also

depend on how "full" the ship is. The lower the occupancy, the more important it is to maximize sales.

Edited by buffi001

Got ours on MOS this past December. I was told if you buy 4 beers the bag is free. It was $28 dollars total for the four beers. Looks like they charged around $4-$5 for the bag. No mention of a special for a refill. I also noticed for the first time they charged tax on the purchase. We were still in port on departure day but I have never noticed a tax charge before. I have heard people talk about a tax if your still in port but this was my first time noticing it.