Would you write to Carnival?

MandynJim

If the college kids were making big waves/splashing near the disabled child, it's up to the parents to confront the college kids and have them stop. As with any "hotel" there is bound to be some hallway noise late in the evening/early mornings from those who also paid to have a good time on the ship. It happens. It's not Carnival's fault and the other guests did nothing against ship rules for them to step in. Carnival is not held responsible to nanny every person on the ship to be sure they don't have fun and be disruptive in other guest's eyes. Unfortunately, it's a free country and sometimes you just have to do things for yourself, like speak up to the those annoying you yourself or change your plans. I know we would have opened our door and requested them to be a little more quiet.

I also wouldn't have my child being the one who spoke up to the college kids about language, adults have all the right in the world to use words that might be out of the age range of a four year old. They don't need to censor themselves because of children unless they are at a school, day care facility or church. If you don't like the language or activity, move to another area because nobody is making you and your child stay there.

They weren't splashing, that is allowed, they were doing backflips and there are signs posted that there is no jumping. I would think CCL would be all over this because if they hit their head on the side of the pool and crack it open or break their necks...who do you think they are going to blame? Or worse, supposed while flipping they kicked or landed on another child and injured them...you are saying it is the parent's responsibility.

4 or 5 college spring breakers...drunk and a parent asking them to stop...you are either going to get told off, give the finger, laughed at or punched...this is certainly not a parents job...the pool attendant should have stopped them immediately.

OP, did you do anything to address all the problems at the time they occurred?

We try not to cruise during this "season" too, more pricey anyway.

I didn't address it, the worst thing for me personally was the loudness at night, but by the time I would have gotten up and to the door they would have been gone. I didn't say anything about the guys doing flips but someone else did after a few times.

While they may drink the ship out of booze, I will be the one returning once or twice a year and spending my money over and over again with them. I deserve to have a good time too.

And I didn't experience any rude staff, just apathetic staff. Our waiter however was great. The cruise director was terrible, this was the only cruise I have ever been on I never once saw the cruise director.

I don't think I would write to them, nothing they can do about it now. I have seen kids doing this in the pool too, after a while they were stopped but it was annoying when they were doing this next to your kids. I did say something more than once and they stopped until she got out.

Did you call security when they were in the hallway. The hard part is that if they are just walking back to their rooms and they are talking loudly and drunkly to each other on the way to their rooms, they really can't do anything about that, we ALWAYS here people laughing and talking after we have gone to be, the doors aren't thick enough! If they were hanging out in the hall and knocking on doors and such security could have intervened.

We won't cruise anymore during spring break. It is just too unpredictable. I don't how these kids afford the bar bills at the end of the cruise! I look at it this way, we are older than them and more mature and some have families with them...but when we were in college and on spring break we didn't worry about anyone else either, we just wanted to have fun and when you are drinking and having fun you don't really realize that you are being that loud or bothering other people.

I think the Carnival should take a stand against too much of this happening like many of the AI resorts do...no one under 25 unless on honeymoon or accompanied by someone over the age of 25 during these spring break months...

They would have lost the revenue on DW and I for 6 cruises if they had done that;):rolleyes:

Quote. "adults have all the right in the world to use words that might be out of the age range of a four year old. They don't need to censor themselves because of children unless they are at a school, day care facility or church. If you don't like the language or activity, move to another area because nobody is making you and your child stay there."

You must not have any young children. I doubt you'd want your child to sit there and listen to that foul uncalled for language. It's called respect, and obviously these teens didn't have any. Why should that family be forced to move to another area, they paid to have access to every public area too.

I didn't MAKE my child say something about their language first off, He, on his own, said, "mommy they are saying bad words" loud enough for the college kids to hear. I can't censor my four year old. We were in the dining room btw.

So you think your child saying something loud enough for them to hear is getting on to them?

And you most certainly can censor what a 4 yr old says. But that does take parenting skills.

So you think your child saying something loud enough for them to hear is getting on to them?

And you most certainly can censor what a 4 yr old says. But that does take parenting skills.

So maybe I should have been a little more clear to begin with sorry, but to infer that I don't have parenting skills because my 4 year old said that older kids were cursing is absurd. I think that type of language doesn't need to be said every other word out of their mouth. My kids know better and that would be why my four year old said something. Your logic is screwy and I think you are just looking for a fight.

I wouldn't bother writing Carnival. The shorter cruises are going to be a little rowdy during spring break. I live in Panama City, Florida so we go through 6 weeks of this type nonsense every year.

Next time if you must cruise during spring break, choose a longer or more expensive cruise or even a different cruise line, such as Princess if the rowdiness bothers you.

We cruise during spring break, will be on a 7 day in a few days. We haven't had any problems in the fast many yrs. Back in the early 80's a girl threw up on our cabin door, a bit disgusting from the smell but it was cleaned up quickly. We haven't had any problems since then. We only do longer cruises during this time of the yr.

So maybe I should have been a little more clear to begin with sorry, but to infer that I don't have parenting skills because my 4 year old said that older kids were cursing is absurd. I think that type of language doesn't need to be said every other word out of their mouth. My kids know better and that would be why my four year old said something. Your logic is screwy and I think you are just looking for a fight.

I think that the fact that your 4 year old knew they were "bad Words" shows you do have parenting skills. ;)

You also should not have to move. What ever happened to respect?

Kids will be kids? Says something about their parents parenting skills.:rolleyes:

I think that the fact that your 4 year old knew they were "bad Words" shows you do have parenting skills. ;)

You also should not have to move. What ever happened to respect?

Kids will be kids? Says something about their parents parenting skills.:rolleyes:

Thanks Gran3! I just wrote, it may not do anything but I feel better.

I'm just off the Ecstasy and the weather was terrible, not Carnival's fault, missed ports, again not Carnival's fault. However, the spring breakers on board were disrespectful, loud, obnoxious, and down right rude. The staff did NOTHING about it. I have cruised with carnival since I was 13 and I love carnival but this was over the top. We did a cruise during spring break last year but the college kids were not as rude and disrespectful of others. There was a family in the pool at one point, the son was disabled and stupid drunk college kids were doing back flips right where they were and no one stopped them. Would you write to carnival to ask that in the future they take control when this kind of thing occurs. My four year old got on to some of the college kids for cussing. I was woken up 4 out of the 5 nights at about 4am by loud people in out hallway. It was out of control!!!

Don't waste your time. Unless there are physical confrontations, neither CCL or any cruise line will do anything about it for fear of getting sued.

If the college kids were making big waves/splashing near the disabled child, it's up to the parents to confront the college kids and have them stop. As with any "hotel" there is bound to be some hallway noise late in the evening/early mornings from those who also paid to have a good time on the ship. It happens. It's not Carnival's fault and the other guests did nothing against ship rules for them to step in. Carnival is not held responsible to nanny every person on the ship to be sure they don't have fun and be disruptive in other guest's eyes. Unfortunately, it's a free country and sometimes you just have to do things for yourself, like speak up to the those annoying you yourself or change your plans. I know we would have opened our door and requested them to be a little more quiet.

I also wouldn't have my child being the one who spoke up to the college kids about language, adults have all the right in the world to use words that might be out of the age range of a four year old. They don't need to censor themselves because of children unless they are at a school, day care facility or church. If you don't like the language or activity, move to another area because nobody is making you and your child stay there.

wow - It is a free country - but there is a little thing called respect. That family paid to be on that cruise just like the obnoxious college kids - they shouldnt have to leave an area. and I'm sorry but Carnival is responsible for the behavier of their guests. If they were traveling on a train and acting this way they would be kicked off. If those drunks cracked their heads on the side of the pool while they were doing their flips would be the first ones to sue Carnival. But using your logic - Carnivals not responsible for their behavior so I guess if they get hurt - so be it.

I'm just off the Ecstasy and the weather was terrible, not Carnival's fault, missed ports, again not Carnival's fault. However, the spring breakers on board were disrespectful, loud, obnoxious, and down right rude. The staff did NOTHING about it. I have cruised with carnival since I was 13 and I love carnival but this was over the top. We did a cruise during spring break last year but the college kids were not as rude and disrespectful of others. There was a family in the pool at one point, the son was disabled and stupid drunk college kids were doing back flips right where they were and no one stopped them. Would you write to carnival to ask that in the future they take control when this kind of thing occurs. My four year old got on to some of the college kids for cussing. I was woken up 4 out of the 5 nights at about 4am by loud people in out hallway. It was out of control!!!

You could write to Carnival. Nothing ventured nothing gained as they say, and it might be actually good for you to get it off your chest! I wouldnt however expect anything to be done about it. You will get a form letter back, thanking you for your letter, and some response that says very little else with respect to your complaint.

I have taken two cruises at this time of year, and while neither of them were really that bad, there were a lot more "loud" and disorderly people. I have since then avoided cruising during spring. So if you write to them, just dont expect much to be done about it. Sorry, I know not much help, but just saying, that type of behaviour seems to be common this time of year. Too bad so many "breakers" cant control their language and behaviour. :cool:

You could write to Carnival. Nothing ventured nothing gained as they say, and it might be actually good for you to get it off your chest! I wouldnt however expect anything to be done about it. You will get a form letter back, thanking you for your letter, and some response that says very little else with respect to your complaint.

I have taken two cruises at this time of year, and while neither of them were really that bad, there were a lot more "loud" and disorderly people. I have since then avoided cruising during spring. So if you write to them, just dont expect much to be done about it. Sorry, I know not much help, but just saying, that type of behaviour seems to be common this time of year. Too bad so many "breakers" cant control their language and behaviour. :cool:

I will be cruising this "Spring Break" with my children. No they will not act like this. But when you get a big group together they forget and have so much fun. But yes, kids these days do lack the big R word "Respect". I'm sure their parents taught them and that is not fair people always blame the parents. It is society in whole. Look at the world today?

Archived