Half Moon Cay vs Nassau

Shutterlady

Nassau is a complete waste as far as we are concerned. We love HMC. We are booked this Oct b2b to HMC 1st leg and will stay on the ship when we go to Nassau and pray we can tender into HMC. Since you can book cabanas on line now it is best to book them as soon as you book your cruise. they can get booked up way in advance. Lots nicer than the old way of racing on the ship to book.

• 4 months later...
Please let me know how you can book the cabana before we sail. We will be on the Destiny in August..

Thanks

Go to the CCL Page, Excursions.

If you're on the Destiny in Aug, fingers crossed there are still some available. Check it today!

Without a doubt, Half Moon Cay over Nassau..

HalfMoonCay0101.jpg

Love this picture.

I do like Nassau, I know I am weird, I love the beach so it really doesnt matter to me what island I'm on as long as there is a beach.

That said, this is the best beach i have been to so far.

I don't know if HMC is enough to make me want to sail the Fantasy...I'd take the Liberty and Nassau over the Fantasy and HMC every time. That's just my opinion though.

Never been to HMC but heard tons of great stuff about it. Nassau was pretty much meh and my least favorite port to date. You will be hard pressed to find many people that says Nassau is their FAVORITE port (I am sure there are some though) whereas HMC mostly gets great reviews. But I am not a fan of the fantasy class ships and much prefer the conquest class of ship. I am not one of those that cruises mainly for the ship, but it would have to be a great itinerary and price to get me to pick a fantasy class over conquest class.

I have never been to Half Moon Cay, but it's on our upcoming itinerary in Sept. I have been to Nassau and Freeport several times on the Fantasy and other ships...I think those ports are a waste of time. If that is your only option, however, there are things to do there. The Liberty is my favorite Carnival ship.

Last year in Nassau we went to British Colonial Hilton and this year to Breezes...I prefer the Hilton over Breezes.

Here are links to my pics & review of our Fantasy cruise this past May:

Photos

2012 Carnival Fantasy Photos: 2898581970097872471KfyABp_th.jpg

My Fantasy Review: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...1632962&page=2

DW and I have been to Nassau three times. If we have a choice we will skip it in a heartbeat. We are booked on Liberty to HMC in October of 2013, After reading all these posts raving about HMC we cant wait to go.

This is a great thread. We are leaving out of Baltimore a week from tomorrow on the Pride to Grand Turk, HMC and Freeport. I wasnt really thrilled with the itinerary but after reading the last 4 pages HMC sounds like it is a fantastic place to chill for the day. Off hand, people who have been to HMC, what else is there to do there besides enjoying the warm waters and soft sand? I can do without freeport, I have a feeling it is just like going to a Fort Lauderdale or someplace along the Gulf of Mexico coast in the U.S.

I can do without freeport, I have a feeling it is just like going to a Fort Lauderdale or someplace along the Gulf of Mexico coast in the U.S.

Freeport is no where near as nice as that. It's an industrial port. Much of the island is a ghetto. Many unrepaired buildings from the last hurricane. Port Lucaya is a joke. There are some great beaches like Gold Rock, but you have to rent a car to get there. Viva Wyndham resort has a beautiful beach, but the day excursion is pricey.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

No comparison, HMC is awesome, never want to leave. Cannot say enough about how beautiful HMC is. Been to HMC several times and would go back in a heartbeat. Just returned on a cruise that went to Nassau and didn't even get off the ship. Been there, done that. We try to avoid Freeport, as it is the pits of the Caribbean.

HMC is beautiful, if you get to go to it. Maybe its just our timing, but we have seen the island many more times than we have been able to go to it. January was not lucky for us either, I planned a cruise to specifically be on the island for me 50th birthday but only was able to see it and leave.

I concur with HMC, but it appears to me your husband wants an ocean suite vs the junior or the grand suite on the Fantasy.

Let me tell you that the grand suite on the Fantasy class ship is about the best suite there is as far as I'm concerned. You won't be disappointed with those cabins at all...of course there is always the Owner's Suite...but that's in a class all by itself.

Just noting that if your husband's concern is a suite, the Grand Suite on the Fantasy class ship is nothing to sneeze at--now the junior suite is just a glorified balcony cabin, but that Grand Suite is worth a look. :D

I have been to Naussa on a cruise and a land vacation. It is very nice there, many things to do....but if you are looking for a nice beach day you can not even compare the two. Half Moon is one of the nicest beaches I have ever been to, 2nd only to Fanning Island.

Rent a cabanna all the fun stuff is there, we had #10, far away from busy area close to the food area. You wont regret it!:)

Been to Nassau three times, been to HMC three times. I'd take HMC in a heartbeat. Gorgeous beach, nice swimming, and no one crowding around you to offer hair braiding. As for sailing on Fantasy - we sailed her in August after 14 cruises on larger ships. We loved her. No, she doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the larger ships, but she has a lot to offer.

We were on Fantasy last year and had a such a great time that we booked another cruise on her for this October. We found the ship to be in very good shape and it had nice enhancements after the refurb. The 7 night itinerary includes both HMC and Nassau, ( where I enjoy going to Senior Frog's for lunch and drinks.)

Archived