$444 for Adventure of the Seas Mediterranean Cruise?!

Thanks to this post, we just booked a June sailing as well :). Now I'm checking airfare from Texas. Has anyone retrieved any airfare quotes recently on Choice Air website? Its not pulling anything for me.

I have never used Choice Air and I too am having trouble with it. It won't pull anything up for my reservation. Which date are you sailing in June? My husband and I booked the June 23 sail date. Also, where in Texas are you? I lived there for the last 6 years, while going to college out there.

Trying to convince my wife right now that we can afford the money and time to book the TA B2B with seven days. The price for twenty days of cruising for two of us plus airfare back to Houston is very, very tempting.

DO IT :)

Similar thing happened to us last year, I'd had the TA booked for 18months or so but the preceding cruise, 12day Holy Land dropped after final payment to $599pp for PR. Jumped right on it along with many others, there were nearly 300 B2B with the TA !!

I have never used Choice Air and I too am having trouble with it. It won't pull anything up for my reservation. Which date are you sailing in June? My husband and I booked the June 23 sail date. Also, where in Texas are you? I lived there for the last 6 years, while going to college out there.

Kelikea,

I had to call Choice Air via the 800#, as I was never able to pull up anything via the site. The airfare quoted was double what I saw online. I have been checking airfare from DFW, Austin, Houston and the bording states of Oklahoma and Louisiana. We booked June 23 sailing.

We live in Dallas Forth Worth area, where did you attend College?

drob, I went to this smaller, Christian university called Southwestern Adventist University. It's down in Keene, which like basically 25 minutes south of Fort Worth. After I got married, my husband and I lived in Calgary, Alberta (his family is there) for almost a year, then we returned to the DFW area, specifically Lewisville. I miss how cheap everything is! Housing out here in PA is more expensive and there isn't as much selection. Oh well, maybe we'll be back one day.

Keeps re-directing me to uk site?

It redirects me too now, even though I've been able to go to the US site in the past. Somebody suggested that the site recognises my computer as being in the UK from cookies (don't know anything about computers so don't what what this is about!) Could you try a different computer? Or do as I do, go to a US TA site and check prices (they aren't allowed to discount in the US so prices are the same as RCI website)

I've just priced Ryanair and they want £1100 for the three of us. IT's the school hols, I can only go in school hols.

At least with Disney, the price you pay in dollars, stirling and the Euro is the same, so everyone is treated fairly no matter where your zip code is.:D I was thinking of trying RCL, but the more time I spend on here, the more I am put off, double standards to all cruisers. Brits get cheaper prices to cruise the caribbean and our US friends get cheaper prices to cruise the Med. We should all get the same deals IMO.

Another rant over, from a fed up Brit.:D

My husband and I booked this cruise for $444 a couple of days ago. We are on the June 16th sailing. I found a C&A savings certificate as well and now we've got an additional $150 off!

we are looking at the same deal! we are waiting to decide on the date by which airfare looks best - toying with May or June

We just booked the June 9th guarantee deal! I can't believe they honored the Diamond discount on top of this fare! Found pretty reasonable airfare nonstop JFK to Malaga ($1000). First time across the pond so we'll see how it goes. Picked up insurance in case we're stuck with an italian captain, lol!

Great deal on the balcony guarantee.....but check out the "deal" for a deluxe room!

Deluxe Stateroom Guarantee

With this selection, you are guaranteed to receive a stateroom within a selected category, anywhere on the ship. Room assignments may be determined at any time after your reservation has been completed and paid in full up to the day of sailing.

DECKPLAN CODES:

Why choose a Guarantee Stateroom?

Per Person Price

Guests 1-2: $100,174

$200,348 USD

SELECT STATEROOM

We just booked the June 9th guarantee deal! I can't believe they honored the Diamond discount on top of this fare! Found pretty reasonable airfare nonstop JFK to Malaga ($1000). First time across the pond so we'll see how it goes. Picked up insurance in case we're stuck with an italian captain, lol!

Which airline? May consider switching sail dates.

Great deal on the balcony guarantee.....but check out the "deal" for a deluxe room!

Deluxe Stateroom Guarantee

With this selection, you are guaranteed to receive a stateroom within a selected category, anywhere on the ship. Room assignments may be determined at any time after your reservation has been completed and paid in full up to the day of sailing.

DECKPLAN CODES:

Why choose a Guarantee Stateroom?

Per Person Price

Guests 1-2: $100,174

$200,348 USD

SELECT STATEROOM

Such a deal!

i was looking at this cruise full price a couple of months ago but the cost of flights was extreme (even from Uk to spain) as it is June summer holiday time! usually book flights independently as of course cheaper. prices worked out with (independent) flight £1200 EACH or flight included £1500 EACH which was far too much.

for no reason I randomly saw this deal last night whilst browsing net and saw with flights included same cruise same dates was £550 EACH!!! well i couldnt believe this and didnt book it as just couldnt believe it was true!

this morning I called my UK TA and its true....so we are booked up and going!!! UK TA was amazing and even managed to get our local airport which was showing unavailable so has saved us a 100 mile journey to airport!

i would usually agree US TA are better for deals and book flights separate but it goes to show if you perserve and put the hard work in looking for cruises you can get GREAT deals with UK TA too. basically got this cruise HALF PRICE!!!!! :)

so UK cruisers perserve and you CAN find a great bargain holiday!

• 4 weeks later...
Is there any way we in the UK can get this deal?

Yes we booked this cruise and had a choice of different dates, we booked through a USA agent and booked the inside cabin for $807 for 2 people and balcony for just over $1000 for 2 people, the balcony did increase to $1100 for 2 passengers a week ago, that also includes around $ 38 onboard credit and one free excursion per cabin. I normally book my cruises through this USA agency and get great deals on return flights when I do transatlantic cruise to Miami.

Forgot to say we live in the UK.

I spotted these RCI prices of $444 for a balcony on a US website at the end of March. Booking was a no brainer. Converted price was £279. Direct flights from Norn Iron were £177. Cruising on June 9th and can't want for bargain of the century.

We cruised TA on Constellation in 2008 and a number of the UK cruisers on board told me they had booked through US agents, on their suggestion I always check prices in the US an they nearly always are better deals.

Archived