Carnival Photographers

11legend

I'm getting ready to go on my second cruise with RC and my biggest disappointment is in their ship's photographers...I'm really not big into photographers but on my Carnival Legend cruise I swear all the pictures looked like glamour shots. I spent so much money on them. On my first RC cruise I made sure I had enough $$ for lots of pics, however, I had a really hard time finding any that I liked...their photographers are definetly lacking. So, now, my second RC cruise...I will save all my $$ for gambling and DODs....:D:eek:;) But wishing their photographers were as good as Carnival....

I have to admit, I am a sucker for buying the pics onboard also. It works out though because I save our yearly family portrait for on the ship. And you are right, Carnival photographers are really good in my opinion. I always tell my kids....don't take to many pictures....I have to buy them if I see them...I can't just walk away!! lol...

I have to admit, I am a sucker for buying the pics onboard also. It works out though because I save our yearly family portrait for on the ship. And you are right, Carnival photographers are really good in my opinion. I always tell my kids....don't take to many pictures....I have to buy them if I see them...I can't just walk away!! lol...

I know!! My daughter (18 at the time) and her girlfriends took some GREAT shots...I thought the poses and the backgrounds were very unique...I loved them...good idea about the family portrait too!!

I'm getting ready to go on my second cruise with RC and my biggest disappointment is in their ship's photographers...I'm really not big into photographers but on my Carnival Legend cruise I swear all the pictures looked like glamour shots. I spent so much money on them. On my first RC cruise I made sure I had enough $$ for lots of pics, however, I had a really hard time finding any that I liked...their photographers are definetly lacking. So, now, my second RC cruise...I will save all my $$ for gambling and DODs....:D:eek:;) But wishing their photographers were as good as Carnival....

I am preparing myself for this expense and have purchased some of the $15 photo coupons from bon voyage.. Think I will use one for the Christmas cards also ( if I like one )

Way too expensive to buy more than one on a cruise.
I don't even buy the 8 x 10's now.

At about $22 last time (?) I can't afford them

and prefer to buy 8 x 6's and 5 x 7's of us getting on/off the ship at various destinations, instead

often buying 3 of them each cruise. ;)

I am preparing myself for this expense and have purchased some of the $15 photo coupons from bon voyage.. Think I will use one for the Christmas cards also ( if I like one )

When I went on Legend, they even had a Christmas background..lol

You wont be disappointed....

The Carnival photographers really do a beautiful job. I love my cruise pics more than any other pics of me... even on the days when I knew my makeup had been sweating off under the sun all day the photos came out looking beautiful. I think they photoshop out blemishes too.

I'm really happy about the fact that our onboard wedding includes a Carnival photographer - I trust them to to my wedding shots more than picking a random photographer locally.

We have a photography business and I would suggest getting something in writing from them that it is OK for you to reprint. We always give that to our clients. Otherwise, the photo store will see that they are professional(even if you can them and put them on your own disc) and MAY, not always, stop you from printing the Christmas cards.

but save for pictures in case. our first cruise, blah, hard to find a pic we both liked and we looked decent in, finally did. last cruise, omg, so many pics we liked!.. lol.. so be prepared!.. just in case :)

We have a photography business and I would suggest getting something in writing from them that it is OK for you to reprint. We always give that to our clients. Otherwise, the photo store will see that they are professional(even if you can them and put them on your own disc) and MAY, not always, stop you from printing the Christmas cards.

yep :) there is a copyright waiver link... ( I saw on one of the boards )

Excellent point !!!

If you can afford it, go for it! We usually buy one formal and our boarding picture.

OMG! I always buy the boarding pic also, even though I never like them. I always look so tired!! But it is one that you must have.

We usually buy several even though we tell ourselves no more.

What kills me is watching them throw them all away as we are waiting to disembark........

I know!! I think they should do like a 1/2 off sale on disembark day. Less to throw away and make some final sales....

The Carnival photographers really do a beautiful job. I love my cruise pics more than any other pics of me... even on the days when I knew my makeup had been sweating off under the sun all day the photos came out looking beautiful. I think they photoshop out blemishes too.

I'm really happy about the fact that our onboard wedding includes a Carnival photographer - I trust them to to my wedding shots more than picking a random photographer locally.

That is AWESOME...your wedding pics are going to be GORGEOUS!!

but save for pictures in case. our first cruise, blah, hard to find a pic we both liked and we looked decent in, finally did. last cruise, omg, so many pics we liked!.. lol.. so be prepared!.. just in case :)

I'm hoping for better pics this time...keep thinking maybe it was just the photogs on Explorer and hoping the photogs on Liberty are better...:confused:

I would gladly come along as your personal photographer. Just book me a cabin, and I'll be there with camera in hand.:D:D:D

For anyone that thinks those pictures are expensive, try going to a photographer and see what they charge for one picture let alone several different backgrounds. You'll pay more just for the setting without any pictures boughten.

We have ordered the canvas prints on our first and most recent cruises (think the price was even cheaper on our 2011 cruise than the one in 2008) and have been very happy with them. I think they are 16 x 20 and were about $60 with the original 8 x 10 thrown in for free. They are packed in a sturdy cardboard tube for transport home and we've carried them on the plane.

On our last cruise we were attempting a casual family portrait with reluctant kids. The photographer suggested what became the most awesome portrait we've ever had, but it was a difficult one to hold the pose. He had my husband lay down on his stomach and had me and our two boys all pile on one at a time. It was hard to balance and keep from laughing, but it came out great. Unfortunately, in all the process of getting posed I ended up with a big chunk of hair that fell in front of my face-- they were able to Photoshop it out and the canvas print and reprinted 8 x 10 were perfect!

As a side note, I have used this image on Shutterfly to create notepads, a reusable shopping bag, magnets, etc. with no questions asked as to being a professional image.

Archived